Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    Indeed, I'd say amateur boxing up to light heavy is one of the very best sports to watch. Television coverage of it often lets it down. Judo from kids up to veterans of all weight classes is also a great watch but to get something out of it you have to understand it a bit I think. or it might just look like one guy trying to pull the other's pants off.
    Ive done a good few sports and some at a good level, but NOTHING gets me like watching boxing. Especially amateur boxing as it's clean and technical.
    Im literally bobbing my head around like an idiot even if Im on my own in public like.

- - - Updated - - -

Didnt think it would get me that much especially as I started late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    I know it has been around long, I don't understand why someone would want to participate or watch in people beating others almost to death, it shouldn't even be allowed
    Because they don't beat each other almost to death. 99.9% of professional MMA fights never come close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Because they don't beat each other almost to death. 99.9% of professional MMA fights never come close to that.
    Many who get injuries and there is death cases too, should be banned

Deleted
    Why do people do this for sports? Do they enjoy causing eachother pain or possibly death? Go play baseball or football or soccer if you want to compete in sports, not a sport where you beat the other to almost death
    Brutality
    Animality
    Fatality
    Supurb

Fight!
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-07-18 at 01:20 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Incredibly disrespectful in a sport where people are attempting to seriously injure each other. I hope he gets his arm snapped in his next fight.

Celebrating is disrespectful? LOL since when?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Damn that celebration is funny but does not fit here. Yeah lack of respect clearly.

How? please explain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pm me your adress i ll show you irl

I don't need to pm. Grayling, MI. Feel free to contact me on here for meeting me somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Internet Tough Guys abounds.

Boxing and MMA both share a common thread; when you get in the ring, you've gotta have bad intentions.

Both fighters know this, train for it, live for it, and potentially die for it; the better man/woman wins.

As for why, it's different for each individual; some do it because they want fame and wealth, while others want to push their bodies to the limit.

Some do it because that's the only life they've known; look up Nick Diaz sometime.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    whats your weight ?

Look either your going to be a internet tough guy and threaten me, or just drop the stupid act.

Meanwhile how about you explain why it's disrespectful to celebrate winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many who get injuries
    The same can be said for Football, Hockey, American Football, baseball, basketball, skiing, snowboarding, boxing, etc etc. Hell even cheerleading can lead to injuries.

there is death cases too, should be banned
    Yes there have been some deaths directly linked to injuries sustained during a fight, but it's really, really rare. Most MMA deaths occur during unsanctioned fights.

At the end of the day MMA fighters are adults and they knew about the risks when they decided to pursue a career as a professional MMA fighter.
    Last edited by zephid; 2016-07-18 at 01:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DUDE, i need your weight to explain. Really
    ok I'll play along.

Last I checked about 270.

damn that sound at just before two seconds when you can see the knee hit the forehead.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats an Hyperball right there mate

Not getting this really? I get I'm a big guy and need a "bigger" ball. but this doesn't explain to me what I asked.

.... were you trying to make a funny?(saying he needed a bigger ball for the fighter he beat)

Can someone explain to me why the NFL is so criticized for head injuries, meanwhile MMA has shit like this and not a fucking peep?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I admit, when I saw the headline I laughed out loud, but that kick looks brutal. Just crushed too, the guy is lucky more of his face wasn't destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Can someone explain to me why the NFL is so criticized for head injuries, meanwhile MMA has shit like this and not a fucking peep?

Mainly because the NFL was actively trying to cover up the issue. Also NFL has been around a lot longer and the effect can be seen. MMA hasn't so we haven't really seen long term effects yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sign a waiver for one of them.

The other one does its best to silence any critics stating head injuries even exist.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Athletic commissions governing MMA events issue things called medical suspensions. When a player sustains a head injury, or even sustains a number of head hits without any obvious injury, they're banned from physical activity for months at a time. Even fighters who go through fights pretty much unscathed usually get a 14-21 day suspension where they're not to participate in any activity with contact.

It would be equivalent to every player who gets rocked on a play in the NFL being out for a few games to an entire season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Athletic commissions governing MMA events issue things called medical suspensions. When a player sustains a head injury, or even sustains a number of head hits without any obvious injury, they're banned from physical activity for months at a time. Even fighters who go through fights pretty much unscathed usually get a 14-21 day suspension where they're not to participate in any activity with contact.

It would be equivalent to every player who gets rocked on a play in the NFL being out for a few games to an entire season.
    Just curious Poly, but what was your final record when you gave up fighting?

Why do people do this for sports? Do they enjoy causing eachother pain or possibly death? Go play baseball or football or soccer if you want to compete in sports, not a sport where you beat the other to almost death
    because its more important then recreational sports since it actually has direct confrontation as the central element.

although strikes like the above are frowned upon as the purpose of these longer safe fights is to focus on the martial skill and not victory while not having the restrictions of the standard boxing ring.
    we have legs for more then legwork as venom showed all too well.
    we are his...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPuK1vib_c

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    This is like creationists trying to smear evolution by calling it a religion.