Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they do an update for Class Halls. Ill be keeping mine for a little while yet.

Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's to MasterPlan for minimizing the amount of time I spent at my mission table. It gave me plenty of extra time, cumulatively, over the course of the expansion, to play better games until the time came to hit up my pre-expansion checklist so all my alts were ready for Legion.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Class halls have like 3-4 missions per day. Who needs an addon for that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Much easier said than done. However almost every guild that started at the beginning of hfc should've already got heroic arch by now.
    It's not really all that difficult if you put in the effort and not expect it to fall on your lap and be a success immediately which is what a lot of players seem to want.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    It's not really all that difficult if you put in the effort and not expect it to fall on your lap and be a success immediately which is what a lot of players seem to want.
    Particularly because by this point the instance will have been effectively nerfed by ring upgrades, VP upgrades, and warforged drops -- if the raid group has been consistently doing the raid for a long enough time, that is, which is likely your point.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Particularly because by this point the instance will have been effectively nerfed by ring upgrades, VP upgrades, and warforged drops -- if the raid group has been consistently doing the raid for a long enough time, that is, which is likely your point.
    Pretty much yes, I mean with premade group finder etc it isn't that difficult to form your own group with your own standards etc, I mean there are a lot of people out there looking for that "Laid back" raid group (I mean look at all the people on here complaining about hard requirements) yet nobody is willing to make the group, I bet if someone did it would fill up with all the people who are looking for that right?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Class halls have like 3-4 missions per day. Who needs an addon for that?
    Pretty much everyone, I'd guess. Especially people who played WoD and are sick and fucking tired of mission tables.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    With the imminent demise of the garrison mint, and ultimate decrease in the use of the garrison
    Garrisons are alive and well in Legion, you just have to share them with every other member of your class

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Here's to MasterPlan for minimizing the amount of time I spent at my mission table. It gave me plenty of extra time, cumulatively, over the course of the expansion, to play better games until the time came to hit up my pre-expansion checklist so all my alts were ready for Legion.
    This times 14.7 million.

I'll probably still be using it on a few alts for a while. But yeah, great addon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Perhaps not the most PC nomenclature, I'll agree, but I'm not exactly known to be a person who minces words.
    Or you could choose appropriate ones instead of mincing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Pretty much yes, I mean with premade group finder etc it isn't that difficult to form your own group with your own standards etc, I mean there are a lot of people out there looking for that "Laid back" raid group (I mean look at all the people on here complaining about hard requirements) yet nobody is willing to make the group, I bet if someone did it would fill up with all the people who are looking for that right?
    The issue with Group Finder is that it's maybe not as likely to get the players who've been raiding the place consistently, since I think most players who do that would be doing it with a more or less fixed raid group from week to week. That's what I did, and I think that's more the play style Blizzard intends.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    It really was a good add-on.

Although I'm glad we won't need it anymore.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Oh wow, you sound really bitter about people buying the stuff they want with their gold.
    Pretty sure the only thing the person you quoted may be bitter about is the possibility there won't be as many non-raiders/casuals/bads/etc. that will be buying runs through HFC or CMs or whatever because the garrison gold spigot (powered by MasterPlan) is being shut off.

As for the OP, yeah, once I had multiple garrisons going, MasterPlan became a lifesaver. Still didn't prevent me from quitting WoW due to the fact I would end up spending more time fucking with garrison related shit than I would actually playing the game, but that's another story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The issue with Group Finder is that it's maybe not as likely to get the players who've been raiding the place consistently, since I think most players who do that would be doing it with a more or less fixed raid group from week to week. That's what I did, and I think that's more the play style Blizzard intends.
    You would be surprised, because of burnout my guild pugs in people from there all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I'm so glad they're gone.

I never let myself be dragged into my guild's boost runs. I simply don't like people that didn't run and finish the content the legit way to touch its rewards, but there was no arguing with my gold-hungry officers and raiders and "everybody is doing doe!!!!", so I had to turn a blind eye...
    WoD trashed a lot of guilds. During MoP my guild was fielding two full raids every week. Now we are fielding no raids at all - people didn't leave the guild, they just disliked WoD and 13 months of HFC was too much so everyone went "on break" many months ago. Anyone left still playing in my guild either had to find other friends to run with or *gasp* pay for a run to grab the mount while the grabbing is good.

And sometimes, life just intervenes. I'm not raiding this year cuz I have a son in high school sports which means I am gone a LOT. But I progression raided for most of WoW's lifetime, and I will go back to progression raiding eventually - not being a full time raider right this minute does not make me a "casual shitlord", as you put it. Heh.

I'm glad the mint is over because it _did_ feel like work, but to the OPs original point...

MasterPlan was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Pretty sure the only thing the person you quoted may be bitter about is the possibility there won't be as many non-raiders/casuals/bads/etc. that will be buying runs through HFC or CMs or whatever because the garrison gold spigot (powered by MasterPlan) is being shut off.

As for the OP, yeah, once I had multiple garrisons going, MasterPlan became a lifesaver. Still didn't prevent me from quitting WoW due to the fact I would end up spending more time fucking with garrison related shit than I would actually playing the game, but that's another story.
    ...yeah. I've explained that in my other posts in this thread but a few people have jumped on me for using the term "casual shitlords" to refer to... erm, well. You know.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...yeah. I've explained that in my other posts in this thread but a few people have jumped on me for using the term "casual shitlords" to refer to... erm, well. You know.
    Truth can hurt.