Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    How can you be immune to something and still vulnerable to it?

Chronicle says adult titans are immune.
    They have some immunity, not all.

I don't think it's really about them being more or less powerful, and more about them being somewhat of an outside context threat. The issue isn't so much that they are to strong for us/the titans to beat, but that we lack proper ways of actually fighting them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Then that's not immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Immunity(as opposed to resistance) is binary. You either have it, and the thing you're immune to doesn't work on you, or you don't.

After reading through the cronicles a bit more, the pantheon were impervious towards the void lords corruption. However, that doesn't really mean "Immunity", it just means that they're too strong for whatever plan they were trying to do, which was seeping some to their void magics to corrupt a pantheons mind. However, that doesn't mean that the void lords can't control a titan in any other way shape or form. Remember, void exists usually off of fear, and the titans didn't have any fear for the void lords to feed of off. However, what if that dark titan that the void lords wanted to use against the universe was actually sargeras and the legion, but sargeras just doesn't know yet? It'd make sense. I mean, this future said dark titan was supposed to destroy, torture, and conquer everything in its path. And while sargeras is no nacent corrupted soul, the fact that he has known fear for a while, and the fact that he took down the pantheon, and the fact that his mission alone stands on destroying and all that kind of BS, just makes you question weather or not the void lords actually planned this shit to happen.

Hey, it adds a whole to "You are what you're afraid of".

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    They are like the beyonders from Marvel? Their presence erases matter from existence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Exactly what I had in mind when I first heard about them.

Or the Presence, if you more of a DC fan (like myself.)
    a greater analogy would be babylon 5, the shadows never interfered they used their lesser minions or corrupted new races, same with their benevolent counter part

makes even more sense seeing this part of the lore is heavily influenced by babylon 5, the old leader off the naaru was the jesus christ of one of the new races

Anyone else think Void Lords are dumb?

I like back when the Old Gods were the ultimate end-all. Blizzard pulls the Void Lords out of their ass which are magically and arbitrarily 1 tier above Old Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    True god level. They are beyond the Titans which are the strongest beings in our universe.
    The Titans are the strongest beings in existence.Multiple times in the chronicles it talks about how powerful Titans are,how they are too powerful to be corrupted,how the Void Lords were jealous of their power.The only thing stronger than a Titan is a Void Titan,not a Void Lord.

Remember the Old Gods, twisted mountains of flesh, limbs and eyes? Yep, that's what "normal" is for the Void Lords. They are so incompatible on a fundemental level with the physical universe that they can't even exist in it properly. Everyone who was exposed to their influence directly so far (including Sargeras) went completely bonkers. I really doubt that at this point in the Warcraft story anyone could really stand up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    The Titans are the strongest beings in existence.Multiple times in the chronicles it talks about how powerful Titans are,how they are too powerful to be corrupted,how the Void Lords were jealous of their power.The only thing stronger than a Titan is a Void Titan,not a Void Lord.
    I just stated my theory above about how I think sargeras might be that void titan in reality. Read it. See if you thinks it's good or not.

They weren't ever jealous of the titans powers, they were only envious. And while envy might come at any angle, even jealousy, I think the void lords envy was at the level of "I'm curious of their strength, let me take a look more into their ideals by void" rather than "They're so powerful...I wish I was one of them".
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2016-07-17 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    Anyone else think Void Lords are dumb?

I like back when the Old Gods were the ultimate end-all. Blizzard pulls the Void Lords out of their ass which are magically and arbitrarily 1 tier above Old Gods.
    Burning legion was the ultimate evil until recently.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The Void Lords are the absolute top tier. They're not the most powerful thing in the universe only because they're not in it. If you look at the cosmology chart, the Void Lords have no known equivalent. The Old Gods and naaru are the comparable ones, but we know of nothing in the Light as high as the Void Lords (but I think we can presume such a thing exists in some capacity).

The Old Gods don't destroy planets because that's not their goal. They were sent out en masse hoping that some would land on world-souls, and then they'd corrupt that world-soul.

Sargeras may be called a dark titan, but he's not a void titan. A void titan is even worse, and is what Sargeras is afraid of. The reason why the Void Lords want a void titan isn't because they're not powerful themselves, it's so they can have a significant physical presence in the universe. (It's possible that Sargeras has unknowingly become what the Void Lords wanted, by making him so paranoid that he'll destroy the universe for them, but he certainly doesn't realize that, and it's not canon so far.)

Sargeras didn't take the void seriously at first, because he didn't know what it was. When he saw what even their lesser minions could do, and learned of their plot, he snapped.

The Void and Light exist in a dimension outside the universe. They're cosmic forces. The Void Lords are just a personification of that. The Void and Light clashing created the physical universe and the Twisting Nether. If the Void Lords were ever able to actually enter the physical universe, that would pretty much be the end. It's like introducing antimatter to matter.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2016-07-17 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    The Void Lords are the absolute top tier. They're not the most powerful thing in the universe only because they're not in it. If you look at the cosmology chart, the Void Lords have no known equivalent. The Old Gods and naaru are the comparable ones, but we know of nothing in the Light as high as the Void Lords (but I think we can presume such a thing exists in some capacity).
    The chart isn't a power chart, however. It's a cosmology / alignment chart. The opposite force aren't of equivalent strength / power. Having no void lord equivalent Light being doesn't really say much about their power. We don't know how powerful they really are, but judging by Chronicle, it's very possible that they aren't as powerful as people are thinking. They are of top tier in WoW - whether they are more or less powerful than the Titans / Sargeras is unknown - but clearly they are not tier 2-A (universal burster) as OP put it. Nothing in WoW so far were better than tier 3-B (multiple galaxies) at best estimation.

The Old Gods don't destroy planets because that's not their goal. They were sent out en masse hoping that some would land on world-souls, and then they'd corrupt that world-soul.
    The Old Gods - at least the one we know - can't destroy planets. It's true that it's not their goal, but that doesn't mean it's within their capability to do so. They have never been shown to be capable of doing so and the one we know were beaten by the Keepers + their titan forged armies alone (with Y'Shaarj being the sole exception). If they are planet burster, they'd have no problem destroying an army.

The reason why the Void Lords want a void titan isn't because they're not powerful themselves, it's so they can have a significant physical presence in the universe.
    This is true, but it doesn't mean they are necessarily as powerful as a void titan, or even just a titan for that matter.

Sargeras didn't take the void seriously at first, because he didn't know what it was. When he saw what even their lesser minions could do, and learned of their plot, he snapped.
    True, he didn't know what it was, but he could sense their power just fine. He noticed they were "far more powerful than the demons", but seeing he didn't report them back to the Pantheon or took any further action, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that they are not as powerful as the void / warped titan - the one that freaked Sargeras out.

If the Void Lords were ever able to actually enter the physical universe, that would pretty much be the end. It's like introducing antimatter to matter.
    They are capable of entering physical universe. They have done so, even.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakaranailol View Post
    Titans has babies?
    Azeroth is a baby Titan. Which makes Sargeras kind of a pedophile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    No they are not. The Titans were the strongest beings in our universe however the Void Lords exist outside of it and can not enter it on their own. The Titans and Sargeras feared the Void Lords for a reason. The fear of a Void Titan is not its individual power but that it would be strong enough to bring the Void Lords to our reality.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tier Genie.

Probably very awesome in their own realm, but since they can't traverse - NEGATED.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Did people forget that the Pantheon believed a single titan could destroy the void lords? Also, that the void lords couldn't do anything to adult titans, which is why they targeted baby ones?
    "Eonar was quick to champion Aggramar's cause. She compelled the other Pantheon members to think of the world's potential. If brought to maturity, this new titan could exceed even Sargeras's considerable might, she argued. Indeed, it could become their greatest warrior, one capable of neutralizing the void lords once and for all." p. 30

"Aman'Thul called out to Sargeras, pleading with him to abandon his mad Burning Crusade. He told Sargeras of Azeroth, a fledgling world-soul with more potential than any of the Pantheon had ever seen, a being strong enough to defeat the void lords in due time. Sargeras listened carefully, but was unmoved." p. 50

only titan Azeroth could destroy the void lords. not other pantheon titans, not even sargeras.
    Last edited by olddog; 2016-07-18 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    The fear of a Void Titan is not its individual power but that it would be strong enough to bring the Void Lords to our reality.
    This is headcanon. The fear of a void titan IS its individual power. The only ones who thought that they need to deal with the Void Lords were the Pantheon - whose knowledge are questionable since all they've got were second hand information from Sargeras. Throughout Chronicle, Sargeras himself never ever cared / worried about dealing with the Void Lords' themselves, just their corruption (which can give birth to the Void Titan).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    If the powers of the Void succeeded in corrupting a nascent titan, it would awaken as an unspeakably dark creature. No power in creation, not even the Pantheon, could stand against it. In time, the warped titan would consume all matter and energy in the universe, bringing every motes of existence under the void lords' wills.
    As you can see, that is what the Void Titan(s) can do, and it has nothing to do with "bringing the Void Lords to our reality" - in fact, they have already entered it at least once. The Void Titans acting as an agent, consuming everything in the name of the Void Lords and bring them under the void lords' wills have nothing to do with bringing them to our physical universe. It's what the Void Titans can do by themselves - consuming everything and being more powerful than everything else in creation. One may even argue that "no power in creation, not even the Pantheon, could stand against it" would also include the void lords - it wasn't "in the physical universe" after all, it was in all creations. Still, I guess I wouldn't read that far into it and assume the void lords weren't included there.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    only titan Azeroth could destroy the void lords. not other pantheon titans, not even sargeras.
    And that's still just one titan. Moreover, whether the Pantheon's judgement and focus were correct or not is in question. All they knew were just second hand information from Sargeras. The one who told them about it (Sargeras) actually were never concerned about defeating the void lords, even when he found them in the physical universe. Would the Pantheon knew more about the Void Lords' threat than the one who found them first hand? When they (the Pantheon) might not have even taken that threat serious until they found out about Azeroth?
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-07-18 at 05:37 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    The way I understand it the Void Lords themselves are not the problem, their ability to corrupt an unborn Titan is.

Though honestly I don't see why a corrupted Titan should be stronger than Sargeras, the guy who single handedly slaughtered the entire Pantheon.

Bad writing? I think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    "Eonar was quick to champion Aggramar's cause. She compelled the other Pantheon members to think of the world's potential. If brought to maturity, this new titan could exceed even Sargeras's considerable might, she argued. Indeed, it could become their greatest warrior, one capable of neutralizing the void lords once and for all." p. 30

"Aman'Thul called out to Sargeras, pleading with him to abandon his mad Burning Crusade. He told Sargeras of Azeroth, a fledgling world-soul with more potential than any of the Pantheon had ever seen, a being strong enough to defeat the void lords in due time. Sargeras listened carefully, but was unmoved." p. 50

So... a single titan, just as I said.