Page 73 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    How does other similar abilities compare to it? Every tank has something to sacrifice survival to gain more dps... i somehow doubt its as bad as maul.
    Maybe they nerfed Maul because some change they made that some how slipped thru the cracks...i mean that has to be why they nerfed it. Yeah its our weakest attack, yeah its off the GCD, and yeah it has a CD, why not nerf it even more and make it pointless.

The only reason it should of been nerfed if it was put on the GCD and had its CD removed, that kind of change i could see and understand a damage nerf on it but that has yet to happen.

Wow so much pieces have crit on them (looking at nighthold gear). Is the 4piece worth taking? Cause 5pieces of tier have crit on them out of 6. Helm,shoulder and chest(one piece without crit from emerald nightmare) pieces donot have nonsetpieces without crit so I guess we would take helm shoulder chest and pants(the only tier piece without crit) to get 4piece bonus. Gloves and cape have offset pieces without crit. Belt doesnt have any piece without crit(2pieces without crit but from emerald nightmare) so we have no choice. Nighthold trinkets 3out of 4 of them have crit (wtf blizz itemize properly), its sad that crit is being shoved down our throats.
    Good trinkets seem to be Grotesque statuette (stacking damage reduction on enemies when they hit you) and goblet of nightmarish ichor (static agi and vers proc).
    Meh trinkets are phantasmal echo (static haste and DR proc when hit below 50% health) and infernal contract (static mastery and absorb on use)
    Last edited by Milocow; 2016-07-18 at 08:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Someone asked about stat priority. It's a little bit weird for guardians because you can find yourself using lower item level gear even if you have higher ilevel gear because of the distribution of stats. Mastery is at the moment the best stat for guardians, and you are inclined to use items with high mastery. I found myself in a predicament where i had to test higher ilevel gear with more agility but bad stat distribution against lower ilevel gear but with much more mastery, and generally the lower itemlevel gear wins because it raises your damage and raises your survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Findme View Post
    Someone asked about stat priority. It's a little bit weird for guardians because you can find yourself using lower item level gear even if you have higher ilevel gear because of the distribution of stats. Mastery is at the moment the best stat for guardians, and you are inclined to use items with high mastery. I found myself in a predicament where i had to test higher ilevel gear with more agility but bad stat distribution against lower ilevel gear but with much more mastery, and generally the lower itemlevel gear wins because it raises your damage and raises your survivability.
    How much lower ilvl are you talking about? Finding it hard to believe a lower lvl mastery item trumps the stam, agility, and armor of a higher level piece.

Is anyone going to be going Guardian MS/Balance OS in Legion? I will be main tanking raids, but I've been playing hunter so long I'd like to have a ranged DPS offspec. I haven't been paying much attention to any Legion news but it feels like a different main stat offspec will suck. With the ability for all drops to be super warforged or whatever it's called I can't see changing my loot spec to balance very often. I highly prefer balance over feral as of right now so unless they change substantially in Legion I would definitely prefer balance, but should I just suck it up and go feral?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Is anyone going to be going Guardian MS/Balance OS in Legion? I will be main tanking raids, but I've been playing hunter so long I'd like to have a ranged DPS offspec. I haven't been paying much attention to any Legion news but it feels like a different main stat offspec will suck. With the ability for all drops to be super warforged or whatever it's called I can't see changing my loot spec to balance very often. I highly prefer balance over feral as of right now so unless they change substantially in Legion I would definitely prefer balance, but should I just suck it up and go feral?
    The only items that cannot be shared between specs freely are really only trinkets and weapon relics in Legion. Everything else has both main stats or none - not much of a change from Live.

And for trinkets .. if you're a Druid chances are you cannot really share them much either way. Maybe Feral/Guardian and Resto/Balance can share one or two trinkets, but thats about it.

For all other gear, it comes down to secondary stats as always.

If anything it got easier in Legion as rings and amulets do no longer have a mainstat so you can share them now, and cloaks have all main stats now.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-07-18 at 12:50 PM.

Balance is switching from a mastery focus to haste for Legion, so it probably won't be quite as easy as it is now.

On the upside, if you don't care about optimising your gear for Offspec, you only need to switch weapons and trinkets, everything else is useable for everything.

Oh wow I was thinking trinkets/rings/cloak/neck so that's awesome to hear. Thanks.

Deleted
    Hey guys,
    Maining druid for first time in Legion and also going to try tanking full time with what little experience I have. I plan on offspec-ing Resto, so my question is (for those on BETA) will I be better off focusing on my tank artifact to make my time a little easier as I ease into the roll, or should I put AP into both items?

I'm not in a terrible rush and as my guild is more of a social group made up of real life friends I imagine my time will be spent in LFR then onto normal when I feel I know the fights and have a bit more confidence. Just wondering anyways, thanks for the advice.

You don't want to use lower ilvl gear even if it has better secondary stats, yes mastery is our best secondary stat but with Ilvl comes more Stam and more Armor both of which trump Mastery and have more value point wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow I was thinking trinkets/rings/cloak/neck so that's awesome to hear. Thanks.
    They removed Str, Int, and Agi from Rings and Necks. Cloaks are now Str, Agi, and Int and only your main stat is given, like current leather armor does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garalon View Post
    Wow so much pieces have crit on them (looking at nighthold gear). Is the 4piece worth taking? Cause 5pieces of tier have crit on them out of 6. Helm,shoulder and chest(one piece without crit from emerald nightmare) pieces donot have nonsetpieces without crit so I guess we would take helm shoulder chest and pants(the only tier piece without crit) to get 4piece bonus. Gloves and cape have offset pieces without crit. Belt doesnt have any piece without crit(2pieces without crit but from emerald nightmare) so we have no choice. Nighthold trinkets 3out of 4 of them have crit (wtf blizz itemize properly), its sad that crit is being shoved down our throats.
    Good trinkets seem to be Grotesque statuette (stacking damage reduction on enemies when they hit you) and goblet of nightmarish ichor (static agi and vers proc).
    Meh trinkets are phantasmal echo (static haste and DR proc when hit below 50% health) and infernal contract (static mastery and absorb on use)
    Have to take into account legendarys as well, Guardian has Legendary Chest which is also BiS and Legendary Legs

The chest is http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13701...ator-of-worlds (5% damage reduction + other benefit based on talent)

and

The Legs is http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13706...ing-encasement (2 more stacks makes Rend and Tear talent even better)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamste View Post
    Hey guys,
    Maining druid for first time in Legion and also going to try tanking full time with what little experience I have. I plan on offspec-ing Resto, so my question is (for those on BETA) will I be better off focusing on my tank artifact to make my time a little easier as I ease into the roll, or should I put AP into both items?

I'm not in a terrible rush and as my guild is more of a social group made up of real life friends I imagine my time will be spent in LFR then onto normal when I feel I know the fights and have a bit more confidence. Just wondering anyways, thanks for the advice.
    Focus on your Tank artifact first, once you unlock Artifact Research you can if you want toss in the first 13 ranks into the resto Artifact. Those first 13 ranks are cheap and your not trying to min/max so its ok to spend the ArtPow elsewhere.

But to be honest if your not planning to heal anything past LFR you shouldn't go more than the first 13 in it till your MS artifact is at rank 34. Because lets face it..its LFR lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    How much lower ilvl are you talking about? Finding it hard to believe a lower lvl mastery item trumps the stam, agility, and armor of a higher level piece.
    A bit of math and using ask mr robot simulator to verify we get the following:

875 Nightborne Battle-magus Hood is Crit/Haste
    vs
    850 Cowl of Fright is Mastery/Crit

As you can see with the 850 hood you get 28 more attack power. You lose 10k health and 340 agi.

Now I'm not going to speculate on DPS as there are many more variables that come into that discussion.

The main issue is just like with HM, we have very few choices.

I don't pay much attention but don't they do this every expansion? Stat distribution on gear sucks at the start and gets better every subsequent raid?

I don't pay much attention but don't they do this every expansion? Stat distribution on gear sucks at the start and gets better every subsequent raid?
    Pretty much yeah

Entirely on purpose, too.

So what's the verdict on the tier 5 talents? I thought GG would pull ahead but I've been reading that it's only good for AOE situations

Quote Originally Posted by Phyraan View Post
    So what's the verdict on the tier 5 talents? I thought GG would pull ahead but I've been reading that it's only good for AOE situations
    It's the best talent in the row, GG is way better than SoTF and Incarnation is still the DPS cd its always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyraan View Post
    SotF is slightly more DPS on pure single target, while GG still provides more rage which you can convert into defense, and is generally stronger on AoE/Cleave in DPS as well.

anyone have a gear list for hfc? any trinkets sticking out for pre-patch going into legion?

Mirror of the Blademaster is deployable Bladestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Neversage View Post
    Mirror of the Blademaster is deployable Bladestorm.
    That thing has been great and will continue to be great for DPS. Too bad it doesn't provide spinning bears.