Page 57 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The change to Flame On's cooldown is a bit annoying. At high crit and with the Kindling talent you will have to wait for FO to come off CD before you can combust again. At lower crit rating at the start of Legion it is going to be less of a problem, but it is still a small yet annoying change.

Still weird that Fire's mana costs were not addressed either in the pre-launch tuning.
    Last edited by mmoc2462126d54; 2016-07-17 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    with TBC it wasnt that mages were that bad, but warlocks had the simplest rotation and were being fed bloodlusts, you had melee with glaives, etc.
    Shadowbolt was hard to press.

fire in pvp will be quite boring with stat templates, but with the new combustion design, in top ilevels it will be interesting to see

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    fire in pvp will be quite boring with stat templates, but with the new combustion design, in top ilevels it will be interesting to see
    Stat templates? What is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomir View Post
    Stat templates? What is that.
    In PvP your stats are scaled to a stat template rather than reading off your gear, so only your item level matters (and even then, only to a very small degree).

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    In PvP your stats are scaled to a stat template rather than reading off your gear, so only your item level matters (and even then, only to a very small degree).
    Hrm, interesting. Thank you!

Shard of Exodar the best legendary we can aim for?
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

So...fire still the way to go for PvE?

Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    You could go ahead and read a couple pages of discussion to get peoples opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Don't forget curse of doom once a min if you were the lucky lock that didn't have to curse of elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    Shard of Exodar the best legendary we can aim for?
    This is fight dependent, if a fight requires hero/bloodlust on pull then that legendary is great. If a fight requires you to save hero for the last 20-30% of a boss then the ring is useless except for the stats, it does have a lot of crit for fire though
    Last edited by GwiGwi; 2016-07-18 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    We don't know yet, well. For HFC Fire looks to be the best. But you don't know what happens when Legion hits and first raid comes

I've played with some talent+rotation starategies on lvl100 PTR yesterday and I've got the feeling that in 4 targets scenario just tunneling single target damage and waiting for Ignite to spread is more efficient than actually AOEing. What do you think of it? Is it the same on 110 lvl? I imagine +ignite dmg gems would come in handy in this case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewyn View Post
    Not in beta, so I don't know how it's working there at max level, but on the PTR these 250% fireball and 70% pyroblast pvp modifiers are really strange. I'm seeing fireball hits for 33-36k, and pyro is only 18-22k. I hope that doesn't continue at 110. I mean I get that fireball is casted, so it kind of deserves to do more than an instant cast, but it takes away from what pyroblast was always meant to be.
    Pyro should always hit harder because it also has a cast time. It is only instant as a proc. That's the whole point of it being a proc, to make it exciting because you get to instant cast your most damaging spell, watering it down is totally counter intuitive to what the spec is about, which is insane pyros. Fireball doesn't need to be strong, it's there to proc HU. I want my pyro's to hit like a truck, because they are normally a 3s cast!!

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Incinerate was actually the top warlock spec end game TBC. I could pull over 2k on brutallus with it, sb was just played by the lazy locks ������
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2016-07-18 at 10:59 AM.

Deleted
    Bummer that they nerfed Mirror Images. Would've been fun to play with that instead of Rune which is now gonna be mandatory. Haven't looked into the EN fights that much but finding a 10 second window to Combust in should be doable on most if not all bosses...

Wht not take Incanter's Flow then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imaskar View Post
    Wht not take Incanter's Flow then?
    Read somewhere around here that just looking at the numbers Flow was slightly stronger than Rune. But that didn't take stacking cooldowns into account. I highly doubt Incanter's Flow will match a +50% damage Combustion burst.

Edit: Doing the maths on just the talents shouldn't Flow be over 40 seconds a 12% dmg increase. Rune over 40 secs is a 12,5% dmg increase, right? So even without cd stacking Rune pulls ahead...

Also does anyone know if MI Fireballs get the bonuses from Felo'melorn?
    Last edited by mmoc587a92a9e4; 2016-07-18 at 11:49 AM.

But you loose time to cast it. And more, sometimes you won't be able to stay in it. So, IF might be pretty viable at least on messy fights.
    PS, If MI fireblots generate Ignite, they might suddenly become more attractive.

Deleted
    RoPs are pretty short right now and they come back relatively frequently so they always line up with major CDs. It will be very hard to find a scenario they can't be used, I personally found them fine even in leveling, at least for Arcane. A minmaxer raider will usually have his moves planed very carefully, at least after a few wipes so preparation for it would be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by encaitor View Post
    Read somewhere around here that just looking at the numbers Flow was slightly stronger than Rune. But that didn't take stacking cooldowns into account. I highly doubt Incanter's Flow will match a +50% damage Combustion burst.

Edit: Doing the maths on just the talents shouldn't Flow be over 40 seconds a 12% dmg increase. Rune over 40 secs is a 12,5% dmg increase, right? So even without cd stacking Rune pulls ahead...

Also does anyone know if MI Fireballs get the bonuses from Felo'melorn?
    Rune is 1.5x dmg for 10s, ~0 dmg for 1.5s, and 1x dmg for the other 28.5s, so averages to 8.75% dmg increase without cd stacking. The key is not to forget to calculate that Rune requires you to spend time casting it.

I would definitely not take Rune for leveling over IF - when leveling I value the always on bonus of IF over the big burst of Rune.