Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I personally think that if there is ever a good chance to get us an Argus expansion, it would be after Legion. The real question is, if that comes to pass, what we will do on Argus if we killed Kil'jaeden in Legion?

The only thing that comes to my mind is that Argus will be a base to build the Army of Light in the face of the Void Lords down the road. Hell, if that comes to pass -theoretically-, then this would also be a good chance to introduce the ethereals as playable since people seem to want them all the time. They can be the only race that could go mercenary and join both factions, too.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    then this would also be a good chance to introduce the ethereals as playable since people seem to want them all the time. They can be the only race that could go mercenary and join both factions, too.
    The Pandaren say hi.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    The Pandaren say hi.
    Obviously, aside of the one we already have.

Besides, since when pandaren became mercenaries?

7+ Year Old Account
    Would be interesting to go there but I don't know.

Signature by Serryn

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Why would they send an invasion force directly from Argus? The planets controlled by Legion in the Dark Beyond is countless. And considering they can even transcend among the multiverses, the army we saw in Legion must be a little, tiny chunk of them.
    Being the permanent home of the Eredar (including Archimonde and KJ), Argus is now a major demon planet, thoroughly infused with fel. To kill demons there is to destroy them permanently. Therefore, as Illidan demonstrated when he took his tiny strike force made up of only demon hunters through the portal from Outland to Nathreza, it can be highly fruitful to took to take your fight against the Legion directly to them instead of making a stand on your home planet to be slowly worn down to nothing. That is what this "Army of the Light" is doing and that is what Illidan was planning on continuing to do before we took him out.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Why would they send an invasion force directly from Argus? The planets controlled by Legion in the Dark Beyond is countless. And considering they can even transcend among the multiverses, the army we saw in Legion must be a little, tiny chunk of them.
    Kind of raises a problem with the story doesn't it? How can we realistically win opposed to an army that large? Even if you kill the person at the top, there's nothing stopping some other ambitious demon from taking his predecessor's place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickykong View Post
    Kind of raises a problem with the story doesn't it? How can we realistically win opposed to an army that large? Even if you kill the person at the top, there's nothing stopping some other ambitious demon from taking his predecessor's place.
    Demons are chaotic by nature, and Sargeras had problems keeping them in check on his own. This is why he sought out the trio of Arch, KJ and Velen -- because of their incredibly charismatic leadership skills. Presumably, killing off Arch and KJ for good would be a gigantic blow simply because of how much power of will they wield. Other demons might rise to the occasion, but then there will be challengers and internal fighting and bickering in the vacuum created by their absence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say that it is possible. Velen's speech in the Exodar about the Draenei going home and implying he's on the warpath might be a hint that we'll be using the Exodar to go to Kil'jaeden's stronghold on Argus to fuck him up. But who knows?

I doubt we'll go there, maybe we'll go for a single boss towards the end, something lore releated ?but as for a full out invasion I'd say no.

As a potential expansion in future, hell maybe even the next expansion I'd say that's potentially a strong chance.

I know it's early but I can't wait to see what's after legion,

Its possible, maybe we we will beat the legion in this expansion once and for all. The Next expansion would be then the Void Lords, Nozoth, Azshara. But that may be a bit much for just two expansions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    I'm pretty confident we won't go to Argus in Legion. Building a new planet is a lot of work so we'll probably visit it in some standalone expansion but it probably won't be the next one. If Blizzard is smart (and learned from the past with orcs everywhere) they will give us a demon-free expansion afterwards.
    What about all the demons in Warlords of Draenor, building up to Hellfire Citadel? Only for the expansion afterwards to be solely about demons?
    Blizzard hasn't learned a thing.

I'm already experiencing demon fatigue and Legion hasn't even come out yet. Enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    What about all the demons in Warlords of Draenor, building up to Hellfire Citadel? Only for the expansion afterwards to be solely about demons?

I'm already experiencing demon fatigue and Legion hasn't even come out yet. Enough is enough.
    Legion isn't solely about demons though. Azsuna has whithered night born and naga in large chunks of it. Stormheim is more vry'kul and the forsaken/worgen conflict. The druid zone has emerald nightmare stuff, which yeah is legion and demon related but has some different aesthetics, as well as the whole black rook hold area fighting elf ghosts. I don't recall a whole lot of demons in Highmountain either. The Legion is the primary antagonists, but it's not 'demons, demons everywhere.'

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post

Yeah, from what i've played on the beta Legion is actualy surprsingly sparse in Demons so far. They're entirely absent from highmountain , safe the feltauren thing, and are pretty sparse in most zones, save for azsuna and even there they're in "camps" like we had the camps in BC in Blade's Edge, Nagrand, HFP, Netherstorm....

And yeah considering the story going on with the Velen quest and recently AFTER the velen quest ... i'm pretty sure last patch of the expansion will be a Quel'Danas / Molten front style patch with a raid tier.

Also because an Argus expansion realy makes no sens, there is no native life on Argus, what are going to have the "eredar zone" the "mo'arg zone" the "sucubus zone"? ..... huh that actualy sounds sort of doable... like the Mo'arg would be a MASSIVE industrial complex the sucubus would be a half ilusory realm with all sort of temptation , the eredar zone would be former draenai capital..... Would be all Black and green Fel demons tho.
    Last edited by PowerOfTwo; 2016-07-18 at 06:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argus really deserves it's own expansion, but I'm not sure they'd want to do another not on Azeroth expansion only one after last.

I'm confident in an Azshara expansion following this one. But I've said that since Cataclysm so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    With out going into spoilers it's extremely likely the final raid will be us going to Argus.
    This is a spoiler thread. Lay it on us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    I already have my ticket to Argus!!!
    We'll go pedal to the metal!!!

Next expansion : Seas of Nightmare: N'Zoth is freed and overwhelming Shadowlands & the Emerald Dreams with tortured souls he'll obtain from Nagas raids on Ny'alotha nearby islands. His goal is to conrrupt the Nascent Titan by spreading the Shadow in his World Soul. We'll have to save the populations on those many locations and stop N'Zoth servants to reach Eastern Kingdoms and collect other beings.

Next expansion : Azeroth : We killed N'Zoth and destroyed Ny'alotha but we acted too late, Azeroth is falling into madness. Void gates are opening all around the planet and a great threat is consuming Azeroth. We'll have to gather every guardians and Titan technology under the Army of the Light's banner to go deep into the Planet and cure... or kill what's left of Her.
    80% sure N'zoth is going to be a mid-expansion boss like C'thun and Yogg'saron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Demons are chaotic by nature, and Sargeras had problems keeping them in check on his own. This is why he sought out the trio of Arch, KJ and Velen -- because of their incredibly charismatic leadership skills. Presumably, killing off Arch and KJ for good would be a gigantic blow simply because of how much power of will they wield. Other demons might rise to the occasion, but then there will be challengers and internal fighting and bickering in the vacuum created by their absence.
    Demons are sith confirmed.

People need to stop saying we can't go to Argus in Legion. The tomb of sargeras is a portal directly linked to Argus, (huge error on the Legion's part in my opinion) People keep saying "a planet can't be a patch" Bullshit Argus could not be a full expansion. it is the legion's base of operations if you think any part of that planet isn't painted demonic-shit colored then you are an idiot. Patch 7.3 or 7.4 You are sent to Argus to meet up with the Army of Light's foothold and have an Isle of Thunder style daily hub unlocking the zone as you progress all leading up to Kil'Jaden's doorstep and there is your final raid tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Argus really deserves it's own expansion, but I'm not sure they'd want to do another not on Azeroth expansion only one after last.
    Why does it? The diversification of Argus is dead. It's very likely the planet is 1 giant demonic clusterfuck. Makes for a great patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    May not be very likely, as generally Blizzard takes at least 1 expansion gap for a particular story line to pan out.

In legion say we defeat legion and drive them back to Argus while suffering heavy losses. the next expansion (7) we go a fight some other evil. Meanwhile the legion story pans out gradually and at some point under leadership of Khadgar whole Azeroth decides to invade Argus. then in the expansion (8) we go to Argus.
    Oh how exciting we push back the Legion for the 3rd time and we just let them fester and rebuild yet again! WHAT A GREAT FUN IDEA. Khadgar is leading us and when the orcs came out of their portal a second time and fled back into Outlands KHADGAR(and Turalyon) said "let's go fucking end this shit before they ruin other planets" Khadgar isn't an idiot if he sees an opportunity to strike at the heart of the Legion he is going to take it.

Deleted
    We ain't going no where without Turaylon and Alleria for sure.

We just took a major casualty loss on the Broken Shore, even Tirion died and he's THE CHAMPION of the Light.

I mean, this invasion makes WOTLK look like a joke.

Then again it doesn't have to be the entire planet of Argus.

They could implement Mac'aree (One of Argus' "most sacred cities" maybe its capital(?)) as a level 110 questing hub to prepare for the battle at Kil'jaeden's Palace. This is a big legion-themed expansion and I'll be damned if we aren't going to their base of operations, especially when Gul'dan's opening portals from Argus left and right.

What I'm concerned about is whether or not we'll be fighting Sargeras or rather an Avatar of Sargeras.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure that last patch will be Argus zone and KJ Palace raid:

1) They said that we will get something better than Tal'Dranath
    2) Light's Heart questline
    3) They introduced Sargerei Keystone - we need use it for something
    4) Argus is 100% controlled by Legion, so we won't have allies here and they really can't introduce new factions like in Broken Isles to add more variety, so it doesn't fit for whole expansion continent
    5) Most important - if we only close the portal, it will be defeat, because Legion is endless and always return stronger than before. We must cut their head to survive, book explain it well.

My prediction - we strike on Argus lead by Velen, Illidan and Khadgar. Also all class orders will be present. Khadgar will die ("in another land, with a red sky") and maybe Velen (he end his arc with KJ death but he also fit for whole Light vs Void war). Legion will end with BL divided and unable to attack other planets and Sargeras out there in Twisting Nether.