Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki View Post
    Anyone sane would judge pokemon go players as insane dangerous people who have no reason to do what they do but the will of a algorithm.
    I wouldn't go that far. They're entitled, sure, but dangerous? How do you back up that claim?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So many of these headlines boil down to:

"Pokemon GO reveals country completely unprepared for people to walk around in it."
    I...

goddamn, that's frighteningly correct.

Well first place where a gym was located for us is right where the police keep warning the neighborhood about a pedo van.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Florida Man, World's Worst Gym Leader
    "Oh hey we're here for a pokemon battle-"
    "GET OFF MY PROPERTY!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's Florida. Can that place just sink already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I...

goddamn, that's frighteningly correct.
    Why cant people be social, and play outside, and talk to one another~! OMG PEOPLE!!!! *gets the gun*

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Why cant people be social, and play outside, and talk to one another~! OMG PEOPLE!!!! *gets the gun*
    TOO LATE

I already have the one gun allotted to liberals, you're all dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    They were in their car on the street. It's not like they were on anyone's property.
    He had a reasonable suspicion that they have committed a theft, so he tried to detain them. When they attempted to flee, he used his weapons. There is nothing wrong with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    He had a reasonable suspicion that they have committed a theft, so he tried to detain them. When they attempted to flee, he used his weapons. There is nothing wrong with that.
    Uuuh hes not a cop, detain is an odd word here.

I want to know how messy this guys house is if he thought his house had a burglary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    You said when you're the victim of a crime, not when you think you're a victim of a crime for no reason.

Being parked in the street is not reasonable suspicion of a crime.

Additionally in this case both sides are alive, and his irrational actions don't out weigh the effects his irrational actions had on his victims. Pointing a gun at someone for no reason they perceive is an incredibly violent and aggressive action. They have the right to do anything it takes to preserve their life, even if that means running the guy over. You seem dead set on taking his side for some reason.
    Yeah this is what I don't get. Guy with a gun is apparently allowed to make a citizen's arrest/defend himself, but teens with a car aren't allowed to do the same. Fuck logic.

Maybe if the teens also had a gun the people in here would be defending their right to shoot at the guy aiming a gun at them. Who knows. People who like firearm vigilantism come up with some pretty fucked up ideas of what is and is not justice.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Uuuh hes not a cop, detain is an odd word here.
    Every citizen have a right to detain a (suspected) criminal until police arrives. They can use force to defend themselves and third persons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Every citizen have a right to detain a (suspected) criminal until police arrives. They can use force to defend themselves and third persons.
    Umm, no, I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. Police can detain a suspected criminal, not a civilian. Otherwise, what's the difference between police and anyone with a gun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    Umm, no, I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. Police can detain a suspected criminal, not a civilian. Otherwise, what's the difference between police and anyone with a gun.
    Really you wannabe lawyers should learn to at least use google before you act like you know what you're talking about.

Florida is among many states that follows common law regarding citizen's arrest. You can detain someone, until police arrive, if you witness a felony or have reasonable belief someone committed a felony. You should tell a person if they are under arrest, but don't worry about reading them Miranda rights.

Look it up, educate yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Really you wannabe lawyers should learn to at least use google before you act like you know what you're talking about.

Florida is among many states that follows common law regarding citizen's arrest. You can detain someone, until police arrive, if you witness a felony or have reasonable belief someone committed a felony. You should tell a person if they are under arrest, but don't worry about reading them Miranda rights.

"I heard a noise and they were in a car" is not reasonable belief they committed a felony, nor are you allowed to shoot at a moving car when you threaten someone in an illegal manner.

10+ Year Old Account

I see no reasonable belief, unless I know how messy this persons home was for him to automatically think someone had broke into his home.

10+ Year Old Account

I responded to a comment about "every citizen", and you reply with "Florida is among many states", insinuating that it doesn't apply to every citizen. And as others have commented before me, it doesn't give you the right to shoot at them. There are also laws against false imprisonment.
    I would say "educate yourself", but that sounds quite smug.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    "I heard a noise and they were in a car" is not reasonable belief they committed a felony, nor are you allowed to shoot at a moving car when you threaten someone in an illegal manner.
    Obviously the police and prosecutors office disagree with your very informed opinion, or is this man currently in jail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously the police and prosecutors office disagree with your very informed opinion, or is this man currently in jail?
    Investigation is ongoing,

educate yourself.

"The release says the investigation is ongoing."

http://6abc.com/news/officials-man-s...house/1430254/

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36818384

So I know a lot of careless things are happening with Pokemon go (people driving into trees, etc) and we're basically going back to "cell phone" education (don't do things while distracted, etc) and that's all fine and good, but what bothers me about this is that this is clearly victim blaming. I mean, we have to release guidelines for Pokemon Go but we can't release guidelines for PROPER FIREARM USAGE.

Meanwhile a few more cops got executed in Baton Rouge. So guns are really doing a great job protecting those good guys. We clearly do not have a gun problem here in the US. We should all just join the NRA to save us.
    its called natural selection

clearly those 2 are to retarded to pass their gene pool further so they will eliminate themselves and it will be better for humankind overall

other thing didnt they parents have enough time to teach those 2 idiots that trespassing is illegal and can get them shot ? this situation pefrekly shows downfall of western culture