Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its called natural selection

clearly those 2 are to retarded to pass their gene pool further so they will eliminate themselves and it will be better for humankind overall

other thing didnt they parents have enough time to teach those 2 idiots that trespassing is illegal and can get them shot ? this situation pefrekly shows downfall of western culture
    They were on the street in front of the home in their car

Would need a local law to know if thats considered trespassing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    "The release says the investigation is ongoing."

http://6abc.com/news/officials-man-s...house/1430254/
    I do have to wonder how the police and prosecutors disagree with anyone yet if its an ongoing investigation....

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its called natural selection

clearly those 2 are to retarded to pass their gene pool further so they will eliminate themselves and it will be better for humankind overall

other thing didnt they parents have enough time to teach those 2 idiots that trespassing is illegal and can get them shot ? this situation pefrekly shows downfall of western culture
    Psst.

They were on a public street. You know. Non-private property. It's pretty hard to get nailed for trespassing on a public street, even at 2AM. nor is "sitting in a car on public streets" anything remotely related to natural selection.

I think your lack of reading comp. would be the real "pefrekly shows downfall of western culture" though, if it makes you feel better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

I do have to wonder how the police and prosecutors disagree with anyone yet if its an ongoing investigation....
    It wasn't an immediate arrest, therefore innocence!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Revenge of Florida Man: Pokemon Edition..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    I responded to a comment about "every citizen", and you reply with "Florida is among many states", insinuating that it doesn't apply to every citizen. And as others have commented before me, it doesn't give you the right to shoot at them. There are also laws against false imprisonment.
    I would say "educate yourself", but that sounds quite smug.
    You want to act dumb now and give me the "no no, that's not what i meant" bullshit? We are talking about florida, what other state do you think he would be talking about? Also, many states allow citizens arrests.

He didn't have the right? Why isn't he arrested? Seems the police disagree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    The Revenge of Florida Man: Pokemon Edition..
    Pokemon: Florida
    With Pokemon: Alabama as its co game

Pokemon: Georgia as the third.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    You want to act dumb now and give me the "no no, that's not what i meant" bullshit? We are talking about florida, what other state do you think he would be talking about? Also, many states allow citizens arrests.

He didn't have the right? Why isn't he arrested? Seems the police disagree with you.
    Its an ongoing investigation
    Educate yourself.

Educate yourself.
    I made that last post in jest but it seems.. he actually believes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made that last post in jest but it seems.. he actually believes it.
    Yeah, its weird.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon: Florida
    With Pokemon: Alabama as its co game

Pokemon: Georgia as the third.

- - - Updated - - -

Educate yourself.
    You say that like it makes you right, or like it makes him guilty. If it was as open and shut case as you try and make it out to be why wouldn't he be arrested already? He admitted himself that he shot at them, why isn't he even detained? Why instead are they warning people from hunting pokemon in strange neighborhoods in the middle of the night?

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    You say that like it makes you right, or like it makes him guilty. If it was as open and shut case as you try and make it out to be why wouldn't he be arrested already? He admitted himself that he shot at them, why isn't he even detained? Why instead are they warning people from hunting pokemon in strange neighborhoods in the middle of the night?

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe I was busy typing my reply and didn't refresh the page yet. Imagine that.
    Nope, not at all. I dont claim to be right, and I dont automatically assume hes guilty of anything as I dont even think official charges are out for him to even be guilty yet. He sounds like a crazy person and I think something should be done about him, but I am not one of the officers there.

Sounds to me like you are making assumptions and conclusions based on little to no evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe I was busy typing my reply and didn't refresh the page yet. Imagine that.
    Weirdly enough, it doesn't require you to read it for the idea that immediate arrest not happening = innocence to be absurd.

And for your first part.. congratulations on the premise of "what the fuck, florida" in this thread. Because instead of, oh.. "don't shoot wildly at 1:30AM" or "get a license plate and call the cops, don't stand in front of the car with a gun" they say "it's not safe to be outside at night, so stay inside". That's fucked up when it's because some dude is goddamn nuts, but because it's a gun it's hunky-dory.

10+ Year Old Account
    what about some guidelines for like iunno... oh right NOT SHOOTING PEOPLE
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Weirdly enough, it doesn't require you to read it for the idea that immediate arrest not happening = innocence to be absurd.

And for your first part.. congratulations on the premise of "what the fuck, florida" in this thread. Because instead of, oh.. "don't shoot wildly at 1:30AM" or "get a license plate and call the cops, don't stand in front of the car with a gun" they say "it's not safe to be outside at night, so stay inside". That's fucked up when it's because some dude is goddamn nuts, but because it's a gun it's hunky-dory.
    I think it would be common sense not to be running around strange neighborhoods in the middle of the night.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be common sense not to be running around strange neighborhoods in the middle of the night.
    But they are driving not running, and were parked on the street. Both of which are legal. Neither of which are against common sense either.

They were sitting in their car.

Seriously, I've done exactly what they were.. because I needed to set a GPS, or I needed to pull over for a random reason and happened to be by someone's house.

It's not something that you can be "citizen's arrested" for, nor is it such an awful crime that the only right thing to do is to shoot at the moving car.

Deleted
    That Law in US about guns, and ppls screaming this is their right to have gun......But that law is not from Wild West times when having gun was a must cause of many bandits and Indians wanting to kill all colonist who treat their land?? Today we have different times...there are no indians fighting for their land cause most are dead in Wild West times thx to the gun rights described on the Law pages. Now Americans kill each other, hmm wonder how far this go.

15+ Year Old Account
    "I heard a noise and they were in a car" is not reasonable belief they committed a felony, nor are you allowed to shoot at a moving car when you threaten someone in an illegal manner.
    But he had a gun, therefor by freedom logic he had more justice on his side and was in the right and the teens were in the wrong for trying to defend their own lives.

/s

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
    Why indeed? Sounds like Florida has some pretty damn fucked up laws and sense of justice in this case.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    But they are driving not running, and were parked on the street. Both of which are legal. Neither of which are against common sense either.
    They were in the car when he confronted them, but he said he heard loud noises like door slamming. How do you know they never left their car? Do you have more information than the articles have released? Obviously he thought they just got back in their car and were asking each other if they got anything good, which is why he tried confronting them with his gun(obviously a bad idea), which is why they tried to run him over(also a bad idea). They all made bad decisions, no one made the right choice here. I don't get why you want to ignore any responsibility the young men had in this situation.

They were in the car when he confronted them, but he said he heard loud noises like door slamming. How do you know they never left their car? Do you have more information than the articles have released? Obviously he thought they just got back in their car and were asking each other if they got anything good, which is why he tried confronting them with his gun(obviously a bad idea), which is why they tried to run him over(also a bad idea). They all made bad decisions, no one made the right choice here. I don't get why you want to ignore any responsibility the young men had in this situation.
    Because the default position isn't "do nothing" or "threaten to shoot them".

You have time to run out and stand in front of the car with a gun? Try a phone. Take a picture of the license plate. That's infinitely more useful and won't cause them to want to get away from you while you block the path of a vehicle that outweighs you by several hundred pounds.

What thought process is there even in standing in front of a car threatening to shoot random people and not expecting the car to move? Shit, I can't even think of a thought process that would get to "they tried to hit him!" when he stood in front of them and threatened to murder them. They were trying to get AWAY from him. Which usually means going forward in a car. You placing yourself in front of the only way away from you while threatening someone and then get afraid of being hit by the car? Try not being a fucking idiot in multiple ways.

There is no law against people riding around at night.....

I am quite sure there is a few laws even in Florida about shooting at innocent people.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm still baffled by this fucked up logic that the guy with the gun is allowed to shoot at them because he "thought" they had done something wrong, but the kids nearly running him over trying to flee away from crazy lunatic with a gun is totally not ok.

But of course people aren't allowed to be in their car on the street after dark. At least not in freedom land where the guy with the gun is always the one in the right.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"