Thread: Artifact Grind

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Worth to mention, that research will have catch up, meaning that if you are "behind" as you reroll some months after Legion release, your work orders will be much shorter and you get artifact knowledge a lot faster than you did at release.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Correct.
    Meaning it'll take you around 125 days (not including leveling) to get full research.

This entire Artifact Power BS (which is just a rehashed Paragon Leveling system) is going to be a major hindrance for anyone rerolling mid expansion or someone joining the game later on.
    again you deliberately ignore what they said about research time geting lower and lower with time - on releae it may be 5 days but 2 monhs later it could be 3 days hwile year later it may be 1 day reducing it to 25 days.

the only ones feeling it being as grind will be those who will push hard in first tier - those like me who dont focus on raiding until usually last tier of expansions wont feel as bad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I've been in beta 5 weeks and already can't get myself to log in.
    congrats on burning yourself out months before expansion even landed - thats why i never want to play betas - whats the f... point if all you will do month after release will be ocmplainng how bored you are with game already and who fault it is if not yours ?

i honestly think a lot of people are just idiots for leting blizzard use them for free - unlinke twitch streamers who make living out of streaming beta people who do it for free are idiots - you should get at least a hourly salary if you do job for blizzard.

They may speed up the earlier ones after some time, sure. But I don't think they'll increase the speed of the later ones as any Artifact Power you gain after you filled your regular artifact traits is the over time "nerf tool" for blizzard. I mean it takes millions and millions of Artifact Power to get points into the % damage increases.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Worth to mention, that research will have catch up, meaning that if you are "behind" as you reroll some months after Legion release, your work orders will be much shorter and you get artifact knowledge a lot faster than you did at release.
    Just to clarify...doesn't this only apply to off-specs on the same character, and not to alt characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Just to clarify...doesn't this only apply to off-specs on the same character, and not to alt characters?
    artifact knowledge is character specific, however if i join say 3 months late my knowledge will be acquired faster than once every 5 days, they said this in the Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    artifact knowledge is character specific, however if i join say 3 months late my knowledge will be acquired faster than once every 5 days, they said this in the Q&A
    I literally just swapped from Blood with 6k AP to Frost so I could spend them on my swords. The AP didn't transfer. It was weapon bound, not character bound. This is going to be a problem if intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    I literally just swapped from Blood with 6k AP to Frost so I could spend them on my swords. The AP didn't transfer. It was weapon bound, not character bound. This is going to be a problem if intended.
    knowledge =/= power

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    again you deliberately ignore what they said about research time geting lower and lower with time - on releae it may be 5 days but 2 monhs later it could be 3 days hwile year later it may be 1 day reducing it to 25 days.

the only ones feeling it being as grind will be those who will push hard in first tier - those like me who dont focus on raiding until usually last tier of expansions wont feel as bad

- - - Updated - - -

congrats on burning yourself out months before expansion even landed - thats why i never want to play betas - whats the f... point if all you will do month after release will be ocmplainng how bored you are with game already and who fault it is if not yours ?

i honestly think a lot of people are just idiots for leting blizzard use them for free - unlinke twitch streamers who make living out of streaming beta people who do it for free are idiots - you should get at least a hourly salary if you do job for blizzard.

If you think 5 weeks of playing a couple hours a day is burning out... then I just don;t know what to think about your definition of an MMO... hell playign 8 hours a day everyday for 5 weeks shouldn't burn you out of an MMO...

Legion is just MEH after the 10-12 hours of leveling.

Deleted
    For some people it will take too long no matter how fast it is. Yet, complain afterwards game is so easy and there's nothing to do.

whatever you do, if you plan on getting alts later down the road, level them to reach Aresearch, make sure you keep getting those. When I lost my Survival Hunter Artifact because of bug, and switched to BM, it took me 3 hours to catch up what I've had built in a week on my first spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    whatever you do, if you plan on getting alts later down the road, level them to reach Aresearch, make sure you keep getting those. When I lost my Survival Hunter Artifact because of bug, and switched to BM, it took me 3 hours to catch up what I've had built in a week on my first spec.
    I agree with the tactic. And is exactly what I plan on doing.. leveling alts to 110 asap.

Keep in mind though, that the first 13 points or so are really fast and cheap... so while yeah... it'll be pretty easy to recoup a week's work of time early on... in a couple months.. a week's worth of time might be 1 point... or not even.

- - - Updated - - -
    Though that's only for people that are behind on Artifact research. The people who keep up will always have 5 days per work order. Plus the rate of which it gets reduced depends how far behind you are. If you are 1/25 yea it will be 1 day to get a level. But if you are 23/25 it will still take you 5 , maybe 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    They may speed up the earlier ones after some time, sure. But I don't think they'll increase the speed of the later ones as any Artifact Power you gain after you filled your regular artifact traits is the over time "nerf tool" for blizzard. I mean it takes millions and millions of Artifact Power to get points into the % damage increases.
    and thats why artifact knowledge growth is closer to being exponentiary then to linear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mnesymne View Post
    Though that's only for people that are behind on Artifact research. The people who keep up will always have 5 days per work order. Plus the rate of which it gets reduced depends how far behind you are. If you are 1/25 yea it will be 1 day to get a level. But if you are 23/25 it will still take you 5 , maybe 4 days.
    and ? jut slowly play and enjoy expansion instead complain about having nothing to do in game 4 months after release and bitch to blizzard wtf new raid isnt yet.
    or if you want to go full grind mode dont complain about not having stuff to do in game.

this expansion is supposed to last 2 years which gives you plenty of time to max out artifact before 8.0 comes.

this expansion is supposed to last 2 years which gives you plenty of time to max out artifact before 8.0 comes.
    Why would I want to max out an artifact at the end of an expansion when the next day it get's replaced?

The artifact should be maxed no later than halfway through an expansion... Remember... It's likely most of that "last year" will be after all content has already been done. (No matter what they say.. this will happen)

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    If you think 5 weeks of playing a couple hours a day is burning out... then I just don;t know what to think about your definition of an MMO... hell playign 8 hours a day everyday for 5 weeks shouldn't burn you out of an MMO...

Legion is just MEH after the 10-12 hours of leveling.
    If Legion is so meh after the 10-12 hours of leveling why are you even bothering to level toons up on live still?

Everything I've seen of Legion is making it feel like the best expansion yet, or at least a close contender. It has constant flow of content that will be relevant throughout the expansion, good raid encounters so far, amazing dungeons, an alternate leveling path that feels rewarding (AP) without making it impossible to get into the game later in the expansion (AK).

My only complaint about the expansion so far is the camera zoom is just stupid and makes the game feel different than it does on live for me. I'm also not a fan of crafting gear being able to be equipped in every slot because for hardcore raiders this could mean buying every item you possibly can and forging it up to 850 ilvl, which is just absurd and not fun to do. If anything the equipped crafting gear should be gated like 1 piece at start and every 2 weeks you can equip another or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Harekrsna View Post
    If Legion is so meh after the 10-12 hours of leveling why are you even bothering to level toons up on live still?
    I stopped at 21 100's for garrison gold leeching. I will level a gnome hunter because... to be honest, that is more fun that anything in legion offers.

Oh it's all fresh and shiny and you will be so excited to consume it. But consume it quickly you will.<Yoda>

We'll see how excited you are 6-8 weeks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Harekrsna View Post

Everything I've seen of Legion is making it feel like the best expansion yet, or at least a close contender. It has constant flow of content that will be relevant throughout the expansion, good raid encounters so far, amazing dungeons, an alternate leveling path that feels rewarding (AP) without making it impossible to get into the game later in the expansion (AK).
    I can see where he is coming from, I have had access to legion since Alpha and once I hit 110 I was kind of bored. TBH It's probably because it's beta and knowing it isn't worth grinding out all this AP to have it all wiped. The world quests will get boring and feel very grindy after a short period of time. It will be similar to garrisons where people feel they need to do it on all their chars or they will feel behind. As much as blizzard says its optional it will be "mandatory" for a lot.

and then you have guys like Slootbag on beta that have 5 tanks (leveling up the 6th) that are all like 850-860+ lol

did i do something wrong ? i just leveled 110 , but i have 10 traits unlocked, not even the first golden trait is unlock and i did dungeon, quest, treasure , rare boss, i dont see what i did wrong if im suppose to have 12 unlocked well before 110
    Ohhh Deer,Resto shaman in legion

Quote Originally Posted by tallulah View Post
    did i do something wrong ? i just leveled 110 , but i have 10 traits unlocked, not even the first golden trait is unlock and i did dungeon, quest, treasure , rare boss, i dont see what i did wrong if im suppose to have 12 unlocked well before 110
    Did you complete all quests in all zones? You get a lot of Artifact Power at the end of chain quests, there's also treasures, named mobs and so on. Keep in mind that 110 unlocks Suramar quests which has several thousands of Artifact Power hidden in them.

110 doesn't mean you stop questing, you never stop questing. Even if you don't have Emissary caches you still do most world quests for rep and Order Hall resources and so on.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    Right, so people playing 10 hours a day won't be that far ahead of people only playing a few hours a day because of the artifact knowledge acting as like a "soft cap" for how many points people can possibly get each research level.

That's good then. What about multiple specs? Does artifact knowledge apply to all artifacts on that character?
    People that play more will get more artifact power, and will be ahead. People who stick with one class/spec the whole time will be ahead of anyone who change spec and/or class.
    But the power needed to get one point will keep on increasing, so in the end you can both be on the same number of Artifact traits, but you can be millions of Artifact powers behind the other one.

I think the last 20 traits (that increase dmg by 0.5% for dpsers) cost around 20 mill each. But then again, when you've gotten that far you will have a ton of research notes to speed things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore