Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I can only assume they'll make an equivalent bag pattern with Legion mats? Otherwise that's silly.

But yeah old bags always remain profitable to some extent.
    24-slot crafted BOE bags are coming in Legion.

Not as easy to make as 30-slot (Hexweave Bags)(as long as the mats hold out), or even the 28-slot (Royal Satchels)(since I can put six alts into their Sunsong Ranches, and push out--IIRC, it's been about two years--one bag every two days with windwool and spirits of harmony).

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    Thank god I saw this.

I have six other characters just like this.
    Gold makers rejoice!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    Thank god I saw this.

I have six other characters just like this.
    Why do you have 3000 legendary ring quest items for the BRF step? Could have completed it at 900.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    Why do you have 3000 legendary ring quest items for the BRF step? Could have completed it at 900.
    Ceebs. I just collect them now.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

I see that a lot of people are concerned about the trading post mat prices going up x4... But has anyone taken into account that a lot of existing gold missions require 2 followers and even 3?
    I am trying to wrap my head around the math of it all...

100 gold mission ---> 100 GR mission (requiring 2 followers)

With Normal scavenger trait the mission awards 300 GR? (100 original + 100% + 100%)?

With Extreme scavenger trait the mission awards 500 GR? (100 original + 200% + 200%)?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    You need to roll BOTH treasure hunter/extreme scavenger AND normal scavenger for that. Good luck spending GR for trait rerolls till you get that. Even so, 300%<400%.
    He said 200% at best. Just pointing out there is possibility to go higher. Also some of my followers already got both traits. One way is to recruit TH (ES) green quality and level them up to purple.

There will be more resource missions than before so eventualy you will end up at about the same GR <-> TP mats ratio.
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2016-07-18 at 11:40 AM.

What do we actually need gold for in Legion? Aside from the mad merchants cosmetics?

Quote Originally Posted by Dandeleon View Post
    They nerfed Jewel and Inscription daily quest ?
    I don't think they did

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    I wonder if all missions that start prior to prepatch will fail like they did on beta and ptr.
    i hope not i just got a 2nd 2k gold ship mission it it returns on the pre patch...

Deleted
    Feel free to speculate other ways of making gold from your garrison after pre-patch, but don't even bother to quote me for not thinking more creatively. I have and i know what to do with my garrisons after pre-patch in MY server.
    I do not doubt even in the slightest, that your math is correct, but let me ask you this, why would anyone spend time trying to milk whatever gold might be obtained from old garrisons, when there is clearly much more gold waiting for us in our class halls in legion?
    To all the people that are saying they are relieved because the alt-golding is over, come Legion, it is clear you have not seen the post in these forums, showing the gold missions in class halls.
    They are still too worthy to skip alt-golding them, and they are even faster, as it seems to me, they are concentrating six or seven of the old gold missions in just one.
    Even without a treasure hunter trait in the new followers, they are absolutely worthy in terms of time needed/ gold earned.
    Yes it will take some time to make the gold machine working, but you know, i did not set up my gold machine in WOD, just in 2 days.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kcf912 View Post
    I see that a lot of people are concerned about the trading post mat prices going up x4... But has anyone taken into account that a lot of existing gold missions require 2 followers and even 3?
    I am trying to wrap my head around the math of it all...

100 gold mission ---> 100 GR mission (requiring 2 followers)

With Normal scavenger trait the mission awards 300 GR? (100 original + 100% + 100%)?

With Extreme scavenger trait the mission awards 500 GR? (100 original + 200% + 200%)?

YES. tested on beta.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post41416763

Best to skim threads, already answered your "concern" in my own linked post.

- - - Updated - - -

He said 200% at best. Just pointing out there is possibility to go higher. Also some of my followers already got both traits. One way is to recruit TH (ES) green quality and level them up to purple.

There will be more resource missions than before so eventualy you will end up at about the same GR <-> TP mats ratio.

I was answering to you. You mentioned 300%, i have no friggin idea to whom you're referring to. Of course there's the possibility for a 300% scavenger (i have 2-3 on my army of 20 garrisons with a total of 500 followers), but as i said, good luck rerolling your followers or ditching your old ones and relevelling new ones for the off chance they will roll normal scavenger along the extreme scavenger trait. The possibility is there, but it is too low and there is no easy way to abuse it.

I suggest you go re-take your math class. 300<400. But hey, let's make another example, since you didn't take the time to think about this yourself...

http://legion.wowhead.com/mission=31...-home-this-way

3 x Normal Scavengers reward : 300GR base + 3x 300GR = 1200GR. You can buy 300 of the cheapest mats with this reward currently (4GR each)

3x Extreme Scavengers reward : 300GR base + 3x 600GR = 2100GR. You can buy 131,25 of the cheapest mats with this reward after pre-patch (16GR each)

I'll humor you here. Let's say you managed to get 3x double scavengers (having both the Extreme Scavenger and the Scavenger Trait) Reward for this mission is :

300GR base + 3x 900GR = 3000GR. You can buy 187,5 of the cheapest mats with this reward after pre-patch (16GR each)

Please correct me if i am mistaken on my math above, but YOU WILL NEVER EVER GET the same GR/mat return ratio than on live. Good luck trying, though.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2016-07-18 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post
    I don't think they did
    The Legion version of Wowhead shows the Merchant's Orders received a 90% nerf, with the vendor value lowered to 7,5 and 22,5 gold. Can't really tell what's inside the JC bags, but it would be safe to assume those received a nerf as well.

Please correct me if i am mistaken on my math above, but YOU WILL NEVER EVER GET the same GR/mat return ratio than on live. Good luck trying, though.
    My guess is the nerf to your buying potential at the trading post won't be affected that greatly if you've got lots of treasure hunters. Costs at the trader will go up a great deal, but so will the potential income. Net GR income mostly comes from missions currently, and income from current GR missions will receive a sizeable boost after the pre-patch by running them with treasure hunters (let alone the combo of scavenger/TH). And to top it off you've now got a lot of additional missions that will reward resources as well. You get more gold missions than resource missions right now.
    Last edited by Delaios; 2016-07-18 at 01:26 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    I do not doubt even in the slightest, that your math is correct, but let me ask you this, why would anyone spend time trying to milk whatever gold might be obtained from old garrisons, when there is clearly much more gold waiting for us in our class halls in legion?
    To all the people that are saying they are relieved because the alt-golding is over, come Legion, it is clear you have not seen the post in these forums, showing the gold missions in class halls.
    They are still too worthy to skip alt-golding them, and they are even faster, as it seems to me, they are concentrating six or seven of the old gold missions in just one.
    Even without a treasure hunter trait in the new followers, they are absolutely worthy in terms of time needed/ gold earned.
    Yes it will take some time to make the gold machine working, but you know, i did not set up my gold machine in WOD, just in 2 days.
    I was merely trying to explain why garrisons will not be passive gold makers anymore. There are ways of still using them for gold making and i will probably do this on my alts if and when i have downtime on my main and if my server prices actually stay in a range that it will still be profitable for me to use alts than level them.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Yes all of these will no longer give gold.

Btw my garrisons are spitting gold like crazy since yesterday got blingtron vault on 5 alts and a lot of 900g missions (with multiplier obv). Way to say goodbye then
    If they don't remove Card of Omens I will still be able to make 30-40k gold each week - having 14 inscribers ofc, more if ii use Primal Spirits, i get about 200 per week across all alts. Just need to stock up on herbs/pigments since I spend about 2400 a week and I am set for Legion

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    The Legion version of Wowhead shows the Merchant's Orders received a 90% nerf, with the vendor value lowered to 7,5 and 22,5 gold. Can't really tell what's inside the JC bags, but it would be safe to assume those received a nerf as well.

JC quest rewards GR now.

- - - Updated - - -

My guess is the nerf to your buying potential at the trading post won't be affected that greatly if you've got lots of treasure hunters. Costs at the trader will go up a great deal, but so will the potential income. Net GR income mostly comes from missions currently, and income from current GR missions will receive a sizeable boost after the pre-patch by running them with treasure hunters (let alone the combo of scavenger/TH). And to top it off you've now got a lot of additional missions that will reward resources as well. You get more gold missions than resource missions right now.
    DID YOU READ MY POST? Really, people start using your brains. I will need to complete 2 or even 3 GR missions to get the same amounts of mats after pre-patch, than i do currently. There is a time element in here as well.

DID YOU READ MY POST? Really, people start using your brains. I will need to complete 2 or even 3 GR missions to get the same amounts of mats after pre-patch, than i do currently. There is a time element in here as well.
    But there will be more GR missions after the nerf, substantially more if you have a level 3 inn. In no realistic scenario will your acquisition of materials through the trading post drop to the degree that you're thinking. You've got to look at the overall picture. Let's compare live vs legion with a random selection of missions:

On live you might get the following selection of missions that give resources:
    a 2 man mission rewarding 225 resources (+200% from 2 scavengers for 675)
    a 1 man mission rewarding 48 resources (+100% from 1 scavenger for 96)
    a 1 man mission rewarding 46 resources (+100% from 1 scavenger for 92)

totaling at 863 resources

With the Legion pre-patch with an identical mission selection you'd see the following mission rewarding resources:
    a 2 man mission rewarding 225 resources (+400% from 2 treasure hunters for 1175)
    a 1 man mission rewarding 48 resources (+200% from 1 treasure hunter for 144)
    a 1 man mission rewarding 46 resources (+200% from 1 treasure hunter for 136)
    *a 2 man mission rewarding 100 resources (+400% from 2 treasure hunters for 500)
    *a 1 man mission rewarding 70 resources (+200% from 1 treasure hunter for 210)
    *a 1 man mission rewarding 60 resources (+200% from 1 treasure hunter for 180)

*indicates a mission that used to reward gold but now gives resources instead
    totaling at 2345 resources

With the exact same selection of missions you already pull 2.7 times as many resources after the nerf as you do on live. And that's ignoring the following:
    - gold missions are more common than resource missions
    - the odd follower that currently has scavenger and treasure hunter
    - most people barely pay any attention to recruiting scavengers

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    But there will be more GR missions after the nerf, substantially more if you have a level 3 inn. In no realistic scenario will your acquisition of materials through the trading post drop to the degree that you're thinking. You've got to look at the overall picture. Let's compare live vs legion with a random selection of missions:

On live you might get the following selection of missions that give resources:
    a 2 man mission rewarding 225 resources (+200% from 2 scavengers for 675)
    a 1 man mission rewarding 48 resources (+100% from 1 scavenger for 96)
    a 1 man mission rewarding 46 resources (+100% from 1 scavenger for 92)

totaling at 863 resources

With the Legion pre-patch with an identical mission selection you'd see the following mission rewarding resources:
    a 2 man mission rewarding 225 resources (+400% from 2 treasure hunters for 1175)
    a 1 man mission rewarding 48 resources (+200% from 1 treasure hunter for 144)
    a 1 man mission rewarding 46 resources (+200% from 1 treasure hunter for 136)
    *a 2 man mission rewarding 100 resources (+400% from 2 treasure hunters for 500)
    *a 1 man mission rewarding 70 resources (+200% from 1 treasure hunter for 210)
    *a 1 man mission rewarding 60 resources (+200% from 1 treasure hunter for 180)

*indicates a mission that used to reward gold but now gives resources instead
    totaling at 2345 resources

With the exact same selection of missions you already pull 2.7 times as many resources after the nerf as you do on live. And that's ignoring the following:
    - gold missions are more common than resource missions
    - the odd follower that currently has scavenger and treasure hunter
    - most people barely pay any attention to recruiting scavengers
    Sure. Only that the cheapest mats now cost 4 times more than currently. 4>2.7

675 resources on live buy 168,75 cheap mats that cost 4GR each.

1175 resources after pre-patch (same mission, extra rewards from TH-Extreme Scavengers) buy 73,4375 cheap mats that cost 16GR each.

To get 168,75 mats after pre-patch you need to complete the same mission MORE THAN twice. Garrisons will not be dead for buying "free" mats. But to gather the resources you want for the same amount of mats you will need either double (or more than double) the missions you now get. If you insist that this will not be a problem, yeah, ok. But don't fool yourself that nothing really changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Does Mage Tower portals utility remain? And also garrison HS? A bit irrelevant questions rly but technically these two also help the gold making
    Both working fine on beta atm.

Sure. Only that the cheapest mats now cost 4 times more than currently. 4>2.7

675 resources on live buy 168,75 cheap mats that cost 4GR each.

1175 resources after pre-patch (same mission, extra rewards from TH-Extreme Scavengers) buy 73,4375 cheap mats that cost 16GR each.

To get 168,75 mats after pre-patch you need to complete the same mission MORE THAN twice. Garrisons will not be dead for buying "free" mats. But to gather the resources you want for the same amount of mats you will need either double (or more than double) the missions you now get. If you insist that this will not be a problem, yeah, ok. But don't fool yourself that nothing really changed.
    What's the point of picking out a single individual mission? You should be looking at the total income from all your missions combined. And the amount of missions that will reward resources will roughly double. If you can buy 100 goods per day on average from GR missions, that won't drop down to less than 100 per day. Even the 2.7 rate from my example isn't exactly the most favorable scenario. You're more likely looking at a rate of roughly 3 after factoring in that you get more gold missions than resource missions with a level 3 inn and the 1-2 followers with both traits.
    You'll still have to account for all the other sources of resources being a lot weaker relatively. Cache, treasures, dailies, random dungeons, filling TP work orders etc. But most of those don't apply to characters that just do missions. The cache will be the only noticeable one. It currently allows you to buy 250 trade goods per week (roughly) and that will be dropping to 60-ish.

I was answering to you. You mentioned 300%, i have no friggin idea to whom you're referring to.

I suggest you go re-take your math class. 300<400. But hey, let's make another example, since you didn't take the time to think about this yourself...

Too bad I didn't attach quote there. Oh, I did actually!

I was talking about GR per day earned / mats bought ratio.
    You forgot that we will be getting at more resource missions than before.

Ok example, with the simplest one follower missions. (I believe 100gold mission requires 2 followers, but let's do math with just one). You may spawn at once following missions:

40 gold mission + 100 gold mission + 75 gold mission + 80 GR mission + 40 GR mission
    80x2+40x2 = 240 GR

40 GR mission + 100 GR mission + 75 GR mission + 80 GR mission + 40 GR mission
    40x3+100x3+75x3+80x3+40x3 = 1005 GR

1005/240 = 4,1875

See? Average 4 times more GR earned. Blizzard did raise cost to quadra for reason.

My math is just ok, you should rethink yours.
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2016-07-18 at 05:13 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of picking out a single individual mission? You should be looking at the total income from all your missions combined. And the amount of missions that will reward resources will roughly double. If you can buy 100 goods per day on average from GR missions, that won't drop down to less than 100 per day. Even the 2.7 rate from my example isn't exactly the most favorable scenario. You're more likely looking at a rate of roughly 3 after factoring in that you get more gold missions than resource missions with a level 3 inn and the 1-2 followers with both traits.
    You'll still have to account for all the other sources of resources being a lot weaker relatively. Cache, treasures, dailies, random dungeons, filling TP work orders etc. But most of those don't apply to characters that just do missions. The cache will be the only noticeable one. It currently allows you to buy 250 trade goods per week (roughly) and that will be dropping to 60-ish.
    Today: 200 fur cost 800 GR. After pre-patch: 200 fur cost 3200 GR. Instead of getting your GR in 1-2 missions, you will probably need around 24h mission respawn to grab 3200GR. Feel free to spend more time in your garrison, i won't.

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad I didn't attach quote there. Oh, I did actually!

I was talking about GR per day earned / mats bought ratio.
    You forgot that we will be getting at more resource missions than before.

Ok example, with the simplest one follower missions. (I believe 100gold mission requires 2 followers, but let's do math with just one). You may spawn at once following missions:

40 gold mission + 100 gold mission + 75 gold mission + 80 GR mission + 40 GR mission
    80x2+40x2 = 240 GR

40 GR mission + 100 GR mission + 75 GR mission + 80 GR mission + 40 GR mission
    40x3+100x3+75x3+80x3+40x3 = 1005 GR

1005/240 = 4,1875

See? Average 4 times more GR earned. Blizzard did raise cost to quadra for reason.

My math is just ok, you should rethink yours.
    So you're actually saying you will need a whole day of missions to get the same buying power, right? Don't forget that, instead of doing those 5 missions simultaneously, like you do now, you will have to have 5 extreme scavengers at your disposal with the right counters to do them at the same time. Else, you'll need to relog, resend, and log again afterwards to collect. You will have to complete 5 missions instead of 2 to get approximately the same results in your example. That is, IF you actually spawn 3 extra (formerly gold) garrison resource missions...