Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legion: World of Meleecraft

So I'm seeing a lot of people say that PVP in Legion is essentially go melee or go home. DPS casters are suffering a lot. Do you guys think this is true? Have Blizz acknowledged this as a possible problem? What could even be done about it?

Thx ily gn

Deleted
    People say a lot of things. I guess you'll have to test it yourself to find out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    So I'm seeing a lot of people say that PVP in Legion is essentially go melee or go home. DPS casters are suffering a lot. Do you guys think this is true? Have Blizz acknowledged this as a possible problem? What could even be done about it?

Thx ily gn

range always suffers compared to melee no matter if you play pvp or pve ( to my opinion) , i have bin playing a destro lock for years wod made me bench him just to the fact moving around as a caster now is nearly impossible if you wanne cast something ( talking destro here ) .
    to my opinion the only class left ( blizz its baby ) hunters are the only viable range class left, since they are the only class that can keep on running an casting

again this is only my opinion as for pvp i stick to my roque

Pretty much true. It's not as bad as WoD, IMO, but it's still pretty bad.

There's still the same problem of Blizzard being seemingly terrified of removing too many tools from melee yet going overkill with the pruning of utility/escape for any caster not called a mage. Arcane mages are borderline comical and melee classes are balanced around the idea of keeping up with them, and every other caster is a free HK for any warrior who can remember how to click their charge button.
    I'd like to say that I'm kidding.

Edit: Before someone brings them up, I totally forgot to mention the whipping boy, Ret paladins, who have functionally zero mobility and are borderline defenseless against a mage. Duels between ret and mages look almost comical.
    But hey, there's always prot now, I guess.
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-07-18 at 08:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post

Thx ily gn
    Ah, not sure I find this true. I still see some mages and warlocks shredding melee.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yea its a joke at the moment.

Shadow has a 40% movement increase for 3 seconds or a passive (~20%). There are no pvp talents to increase mobility.

Compare this to a ww monk.
    - Chi torpedo, 2 charges of basically a teleport and increases speed by 30% for 10 seconds. Pvp talent dispels all snares when used
    - pvp talent where spinning crane kick increases your movement speed by up to 100%
    - blackout kick reduces a targets movement speed by 70% for 3 seconds (pvp talent)
    - row 5 pvp talent lets you control your flying serpent kick or cause a magical wake the makes allies move 30% faster and immunes them to snares
    - row 6 lets you immediately dash to your target spanking them and using an ability that slows them by 25%

Bottom line is is world of melee gap closers vs no openers for ranged.

As usual this will degenerate into a melee vs ranged cluster fuck with the melee going "lawl you just want to free cast while not being touched" well not really, I just want parity and there isn't any atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    As usual this will degenerate into a melee vs ranged cluster fuck with the melee going "lawl you just want to free cast while not being touched" well not really, I just want parity and there isn't any atm.
    I think it's incredibly telling that almost every caster gained notably more cast time spells whereas the average interrupt cooldown is exactly the same 15 as it used to be. I can't help but feel like it has to be intentional at this point considering how easily it would be to change this and keep PvE balanced.

A very simple and wonderful way to deal with the fact that casters have been getting shit on since Cataclysm would just be to make it so that, if every melee has to have an interrupt, give them notably longer cooldowns. That way in a large scale battle, melee have to actually consider when to use it instead of two melee being able to, for all intents and purposes, permanently lock down anyone. Legion is shaping up to be a return of triple melee burst comps in arenas and I don't envy the people who still bother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I think it's incredibly telling that almost every caster gained notably more cast time spells whereas the average interrupt cooldown is exactly the same 15 as it used to be. I can't help but feel like it has to be intentional at this point considering how easily it would be to change this and keep PvE balanced.

A very simple and wonderful way to deal with the fact that casters have been getting shit on since Cataclysm would just be to make it so that, if every melee has to have an interrupt, give them notably longer cooldowns. That way in a large scale battle, melee have to actually consider when to use it instead of two melee being able to, for all intents and purposes, permanently lock down anyone. Legion is shaping up to be a return of triple melee burst comps in arenas and I don't envy the people who still bother.

Caster are more likely for hard CC Chains, nothing changes. Fav Combs will be Healer + Caster + X Melee. Melee Sticks,Caster CC/Burst Window, Healer heals.

Like always

cheers

That seems to be the way things are going. Fire mages and maybe frost are the only ranged classes on par with melee at the moment. Forgot BM hunters, they're good too, but very boring.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2016-07-18 at 09:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    That's seems to be the way things are going. Fire mages and maybe frost are the only ranged classes on par with melee at the moment. Forgot BM hunters, they're good too, but very boring.
    Elemental Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by Zni View Post
    Elemental Shaman?
    lol

/10char

Deleted
    Are u Guys talking about Arena or BGs?

Vodoo Totems seems strong as fuck for 30 sek and Ele Burst ist Insane actually. In 3s Arena is elemental not bad actually. Dunno what ur talking about.

All ranged have lost a lot of defensive and CC. So yeah, Legion PvP is going to be world of meleecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I believe Blizzard just want to suck off new players, and we all know that new players tend to choose melees.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Eh, not a ranged player but WoD was a joke for PvP. 1v1d a mage as Ret but the fucker kept using slow on me at max distance, not fun whatsoever, so I say bring the QQ and let melee have some fun, even if its for a short while before everything gets nerfed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Elemental Shaman?
    Is worse than ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I believe Blizzard just want to suck off new players, and we all know that new players tend to choose melees.
    There's litterally no evidence to prove that.

- - - Updated - - -

Are u Guys talking about Arena or BGs?

Vodoo Totems seems strong as fuck for 30 sek and Ele Burst ist Insane actually. In 3s Arena is elemental not bad actually. Dunno what ur talking about.
    "Seems" being the keyword. Nothing about Legion Elemental is insane or strong.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Nearly all the New players I've ever brought to this game start as Warlocks or Hunters.

The people in this thread have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. Ranged have always had an advantage to melee, and always outnumber the spots of melee dps in high end raiding.

In WoD, casters were consistently on top of the dps, as they always are. I doubt this will change in Legion, and if it really is as unbalanced as you make it out to be you can be sure they will fix it. No need to reroll just because your class is not the flavor of september

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    The people in this thread have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. Ranged have always had an advantage to melee, and always outnumber the spots of melee dps in high end raiding.

In WoD, casters were consistently on top of the dps, as they always are. I doubt this will change in Legion, and if it really is as unbalanced as you make it out to be you can be sure they will fix it. No need to reroll just because your class is not the flavor of september
    Yeah yeah, sure there always were some lucky outliner specs, the one we use to call "fotms". Problem is, we never had melees so strong while ranged being so impotent.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

True casters have always been suffered. Comparatively