Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Apologies as I think I mislead you with that last sentence in my first post. What I meant was I'll be regemming and enchanting to mastery as soon as prepatch hits and remain that way, playing MM, until 102 when I switch to BM.

Either way, I'm going to be leveling in a group so overall performance won't be an issue and it's perhaps arguable that I stay MM as long as I keep 4pc. Meh, dunno til we get there!

MM

Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    Either way, I'm going to be leveling in a group so overall performance won't be an issue and it's perhaps arguable that I stay MM as long as I keep 4pc. Meh, dunno til we get there!
    I am also going to level with 2-3 friends and therefore will level with MM.
    If somebody can grab agro from many mobs (starfall or something) and gather them barrage+sidewinders/marked shot will obliterate them.
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

10char lmao
    Last edited by Lostpet; 2016-08-18 at 05:05 PM. Reason: im retarded

Re 4pc, I had movement in mind for tagging mobs et al.

If no crit on gear, Multi = Crit, else Multi = Mastery for MM.

Also, Ill be BM > SRV > MM in that order. I despise MM. The sooner I can ditch it and be competitive the better.
    Science the shit out of it!

Probably going to roll BM at the gate just because I'm way more familiar with it. But once I hit 110 and get some artifact knowledge I'll probably invest a decent amount into MM. Given that I'll be playing live a lot more then I did beta AP from dungeons will roll in a lot faster allowing me to stockpile some of it once I get some of the key traits in BM.

Just a quick question, I won't be playing Hunter in Legion so I haven't stayed up to date on class changes, but I am expected to still play Hunter in prepatch and was wondering if there's a lot for me to reconfigure to do my job as a MM hunter on 13/13M farm raids for the duration of the prepatch? I'm aware that mastery is the way to go instead of crit, but apart from that, does the rotation and CDs change substantially, or are the changes for strictly lvl 100 something that can pretty much be winged easily?
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

It will be quite different, but the new rotation isn't that hard.
    Steady Shot and Chimaera Shot have been removed.
    Instead you use Sidewinders (talent, 2charges, 12sec cd) and Marked Shot (requires a procc + the use of Sidewinders to cast) to apply a 6 sec debuff, which buffs your Aimed and Marked Shots. So basically your rotation will look something like Sidewinders - Aimed - Aimed - procc? -> Marked - Aimed while trying to use Barrage on cd when the debuff isn't up.

BM for sure. MM can go and die in a fire, like I care.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Thanks, guess I'll take my hunter on a spin the day before our raid to get the gist of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    Well, after nearly 11 years maining Hunter I'll be hanging up my bow for this next expansion pack (at least as my main). I just can't get engaged with the playstyle of BM (just extremely simple/boring) or MM (too RNG-based & lacks interactivity between it's abilities). SV is actually very well made & fun to play and I'm glad they made it melee but I won't be raiding with that as my main spec since melee spots in our raids are already at a premium.

Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    Well, after nearly 11 years maining Hunter I'll be hanging up my bow for this next expansion pack (at least as my main). I just can't get engaged with the playstyle of BM (just extremely simple/boring) or MM (too RNG-based & lacks interactivity between it's abilities). SV is actually very well made & fun to play and I'm glad they made it melee but I won't be raiding with that as my main spec since melee spots in our raids are already at a premium.
    what you rolling to? just make sure to pick a high end dps class with good fun rotation.

Both specs are boring. Time to change class or stop WoW.

Deleted
    MM is better for long fight, BM for speed kill
    image.prntscr.com/image/d3ae4cd29a9d4ce5af44a0e61fd23e08.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sifur View Post
    MM is better for long fight, BM for speed kill
    image.prntscr.com/image/d3ae4cd29a9d4ce5af44a0e61fd23e08.png
    and with wich talents are both of MM/BM simmed?

Deleted
    MM will be top dog imo for raids - especially if your able to keep good uptime on 30 stacks of Bullseye on the MM artifact weapon. But feel BM will 100% be the way to go for Mythic, Mythic 5man +. As for Pre-patch playing around on ptr as that gonna be a better idea than using beta as a guide - fights like Reaver - seems BM will be the way to go - using Stampede can still get 400k + openers. Some fights I feel MM will be the way to go - So much passive cleave from Sidewinders into the marked shot - Xhul be a nice example I guess. Me I will spam LFR Wednesday to give me a clearer picture I think.