Poll: Well, why do ya?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Mine is turned On, because I never cared enough to turn it off.

I actually also have my parental controls disabled because I am such a badass.

Because "cum" mean "how" in romanian, and it's kind of weird to see messages like "&#@ was your raid?".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Because I'm not a liberal college student who needs a safe space ;D
    ^This, and because this is my 2,000th fucking post and I wanna get VOCAL about it, unfiltered!
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

I like to know what rude words people are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Because I'm an adult and not an overly sensitive child.
    i literally came here just to type that same thing

Because it is badly coded and filters stuff that isn't profanity making it unreadable.

Also, I'm not the least bit offended by words, but rather if I'm offended (and that is rare) it is because of the meaning and you do not need the filtered words to express such things.

All in all, the filter is worse than pointless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because the filter is bad at filtering what matters and good at filtering what doesn't.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    To avoid missing words it blanks out and get confused in conversations.

Sounds silly but to give an example, the English word for meatballs in gravy is a sexual slur in Americanese so gets filtered.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because sometimes you need to say fuck in all capitals.

Deleted
    I don't get why you'd ever want them filtered?

If someone's swearing at you then being barraged by a series of characters isn't going to be that much better, the intent is still clear.

I always figured the only reason it was there was to protect children from picking up bad habits, which is a pretty valid use, but why any adult would hinder their ability to communicate with people is beyond me. Having everything filtered just makes it more difficult to tell if someone is swearing in jest, anger or is trying to insult you. What adult would construct that barrier?

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    To avoid missing words it blanks out and get confused in conversations.

Sounds silly but to give an example, the English word for meatballs in gravy is a sexual slur in Americanese so gets filtered.
    Simply because the profanity-filter is simply crap in other languages. Dick for example. In English it means a genital, in German it means fat. There are also a lot of words that contains forbidden words, and they get filtered, simply because the word contain in it the forbidden word. There were even a often used word that were included in it, and normal talking nearly was impossible. So i turned it off, and never turned it on again, so i don't know if it got fixed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Simply because the profanity-filter is simply crap in other languages. Dick for example. In English it means a genital, in German it means fat. There are also a lot of words that contains forbidden words, and they get filtered, simply because the word contain in it the forbidden word. There were even a often used word that were included in it, and normal talking nearly was impossible. So i turned it off, and never turned it on again, so i don't know if it got fixed or not.
    Same of Velerios.

Also Pg Name like Tassadar become T***adar with profanity filter!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I'm an adult and words don't hurt my feelings.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

7+ Year Old Account
    because i like to spell assassination rogue ,not f**** ******ination rogue
    "Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long."

10+ Year Old Account
    Because we have enough censorship these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Because I'm an adult and words don't hurt my feelings.
    Also this. Sticks and stones and all that.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Because we have enough censorship these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this. Sticks and stones and all that.
    Mhm. Especially words in a video game.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

I have a related question.
    Why do people insist on having a large audience for it by misspelling to bypass the filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I leave it on because people going ape-shit angry is rendered extremely hilarious when all you see is a bunch of jumbled characters.

"YOU %&*^ING CHEAP PEICE OF #*$( EATING $#& SUCKING (*$@! LICKER DIP !@*# NO SKILL! *$%&ING TRYHARD SOMEWHERE ELSE YOU @#$(% FILLED PIECE OF !@# NUGGET!"

I make a little game out of trying to decipher what they meant.
    For hilarity, perhaps blizzard ought to implement replacements instead of censoring.
    In another game such words are simply replaced with "cupcake".

There is no excuse for it being "accidental".
    Your use of the language when typing doesn't so easily "slip out" as it does when speaking.
    It is a conscious decision you make.
    Therefore others have the right to not want to see it.

Rather than thinking that makes you more "adult" because it is acceptable to you, it does just the opposite.
    You are lacking the self control to avoid it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-18 at 02:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The asterisks blocking out words are more annoying than the words themselves.

Because idc what other people say over the Internet (or irl) lol

Never reported anyone and never ignored anyone, say what you want, won't ruin my day lol