Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Yeah I will probably not use it for the most part. Haven't played properly for almost two months so nothing much has changed my end. I haven't even had a chance to prepare for the pre-patch.

All that's changed is I've gone back to numbers instead of spirals. Few issues here and there but haven't had the time to do much recently.

I always like your simple but highly usable setups. Especially since you didtched the pixel fonts.

Yeah I am still trying to figure out (on Wednesday) if the setup I have is usable in raids or dungeons. If it's not, I already have made a concept which I write down in some hours then. Not using (unsupported) Action Cam or else. So I am prepared!

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Can I ask you which minimap addon are you using?
    The only thing I used was the rectangle shape mask of dRecMap (which I could make myself, but I was lazy af so). Rest is self made. Mostly reusing parts of my old minimap addon.

Quote Originally Posted by slothington View Post
    Are those the new default blizzard nameplates, or are you using something for them?
    For the nameplates, I am using a nameplate addon of obble (you can download it on his github) which I slightly modified.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    waiting patiently for a usable version
    Wednesday. But after that release I will may change the whole frames if I can't raid with this setup.
    Already done a concept ... just need some hours to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I am assuredly missing something obvious, but how/where do you turn off that frame? I've looked through all the (very reduced) options and didn't see anything for it.
    If you can't do it with the interface options itself (which I also believe you can, never tried it). It's always possible to do that with an addon or cvar setting. As always!
    Last edited by Lyn; 2016-07-18 at 06:18 AM. Reason: added links
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    The only thing I used was the rectangle shape mask of dRecMap (which I could make myself, but I was lazy af so). Rest is self made. Mostly reusing parts of my old minimap addon.
    Thanks! I was using QuseMap myself but couldn't stand those bad icons. I'll try this one.

Thanks! I was using QuseMap myself but couldn't stand those bad icons. I'll try this one.
    The only special icon I have is the mail icon. Rest is standard.
    Some elements aren't even tested. :'D
    oh, honey.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always like your simple but highly usable setups. Especially since you didtched the pixel fonts.

Yeah I am still trying to figure out (on Wednesday) if the setup I have is usable in raids or dungeons. If it's not, I already have made a concept which I write down in some hours then. Not using (unsupported) Action Cam or else. So I am prepared!
    Aha, your concept triggered something in my head and it's given me an idea. I shall mess around over the coming weeks. It looks good.

No problem. Think I'll just create some if I don't like something. It's working great btw. Ty!

Aha, your concept triggered something in my head and it's given me an idea. I shall mess around over the coming weeks. It looks good.
    Now I am curious!

No problem. Think I'll just create some if I don't like something. It's working great btw. Ty!
    Just search some here and make fitting tga's out of it.
    oh, honey.

It's similar to an old one of Kait's that I've been toying with restarting http://www.wowuigallery.com/topic/kait-shadow. My first kid is due in August and a promotion to head of year at school says I won't be raiding, so I'm putting something new together for dungeons based on this concept. Pics to follow soon I hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Gymer View Post
    It's similar to an old one of Kait's that I've been toying with restarting http://www.wowuigallery.com/topic/kait-shadow. My first kid is due in August and a promotion to head of year at school says I won't be raiding, so I'm putting something new together for dungeons based on this concept. Pics to follow soon I hope...
    You know care is talking about the concept I linked to him, right? Nothing to do with Kait.
    oh, honey.

I am assuredly missing something obvious, but how/where do you turn off that frame? I've looked through all the (very reduced) options and didn't see anything for it.
    I believe it's under the name/nameplates tab

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    I believe it's under the name/nameplates tab
    Personal Resource Display:
    https://i.imgur.com/2QY26kE.png

Due to high demand, I decided to release my UI, as many of you wanted.

It's my first time sharing an UI, so if it doesn't work as it should, just PM me and I'll try to fix it and update it as soon as I can.

There are some things you need to set up yourself like DoT timer to show your DoTs, VexPower to show your Combo Points etc. but the most important things should work. Also I know there seems to be some things left unpolished but that's because I'm creating something new atm. I had this UI for 4 years, so I think it's time for a change when Legion hits retail.

It's highly customizable, so feel free to use your own addons/ideas.

*Updated for 1920x1080
    Last edited by Mahcake; 2016-07-18 at 02:02 PM.

You know care is talking about the concept I linked to him, right? Nothing to do with Kait.
    Oh yeah, of course. More that your concept reminded me of Kait's old Shadow ui with the off to the side placement etc.

Oh yeah, of course. More that your concept reminded me of Kait's old Shadow ui with the off to the side placement etc.
    Hm, yeah maybe just a little bit ... but it's no new idea. My first Lyn UI was also this layout ,back in .. well .. '07? dunno anymore.
    oh, honey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Personal Resource Display:
    https://i.imgur.com/2QY26kE.png
    That's strange, I'm not getting the Nameplates section.

Is there some way to "turn on" expanded options or something? This is on the beta.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Is there some way to "turn on" expanded options or something? This is on the beta.
    interesting i dont have all of that extra stuff either.
    Science the shit out of it!

Hm, yeah maybe just a little bit ... but it's no new idea. My first Lyn UI was also this layout ,back in .. well .. '07? dunno anymore.
    Personally I really like the layout idea. I still want to try something really stripped back with just aura alerts and a player nameplate. Perhaps legion will finally give me the kick up the rear to give that a go!

Do you have any screenshots of the old Lyn UI floating about? I'd be curious to see them if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    interesting i dont have all of that extra stuff either.
    Are you using ElvUI? Heard from a few people that ElvUI hides those options for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud7928 View Post
    Are you using ElvUI? Heard from a few people that ElvUI hides those options for some reason.
    Ah yeah. I don't use ElvUI on live, but I installed it on beta to quickly get a solid UI. Thanks for the tip, disabling it fixed the issue.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Ah yeah. I don't use ElvUI on live, but I installed it on beta to quickly get a solid UI. Thanks for the tip, disabling it fixed the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud7928 View Post
    I do. and knew elv changed the settings. I dont remember having all the extra stuff before I switched back to elv on beta though. hmm. Blind.
    Science the shit out of it!

Do you have any screenshots of the old Lyn UI floating about? I'd be curious to see them if nothing else.
    Sadly, the last screenshot I had was on omgphatloots ... but that site disappeared years ago, too. So sadly, no
    oh, honey.