Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Great. So that means we're stuck with it until the Fall season of 2017.
    They really need to stop creating heroes while thinking about how the hero in question will be effecting their metagame. That's bullshit. What happened with Rain of Destruction is certainly that it was either the first ability they had brainstormed about and upon iteration after iteration did not manage to get anything that felt right to them OR it was a filler thrown in because #2ults.

They need to create what they like and then make changes if it is not well received. Gul'dan could have Chaos Bolt and not a generic cone for a Q with a 1.5 sec cd, that just happens to be the same with Medivh's Q, short of having a requirement to have it at such a reduced cd.

Just my 2 cents, sigh.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, for Gul'dan I imagined an 8 second cooldown Incinerate for his Q, that you would target and it would travel, dealing damage to the target and anyone else that is passes through, while it zic-zacs to the target with the characteristic animation of WoW, and I am not even a Warlock. I don't see why that fel flame crap happened.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fel Flame happened to play to Gul'dans theme - you CAN dump a nuke repeatedly over a very short time but it will eat all your mana, forcing you to Tap to do so, thus putting you at risk. Or you can play safer and extend time between Qs, thus requiring less Taps.

Essentially his damage is designed around Life Tap, with the player able to choose how quickly or slowly to spend mana that needs to be Tapped back. That's the reason behind Fel Flame.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Fel Flame happened to play to Gul'dans theme - you CAN dump a nuke repeatedly over a very short time but it will eat all your mana, forcing you to Tap to do so, thus putting you at risk. Or you can play safer and extend time between Qs, thus requiring less Taps.

Essentially his damage is designed around Life Tap, with the player able to choose how quickly or slowly to spend mana that needs to be Tapped back. That's the reason behind Fel Flame.
    Nah, in all my games with him, I was spamming Q as I should. You should never let a cooldown go to waste as a dps (unless of course you are 100% going to miss the skillshot). Having a half-decent team will negate all the drawbacks of Life Tap and actually make you shine, because Gul'dan is a dps (actual damage per second) hero who has infinite resources. That's his strength in his current HotS iteration and metagame and that showed even in my QM matches as him. He's a different hero to pick certainly, and I see the reasons behind his design, but honestly, I cannot accept that Gul'dan does not have Drain Soul, Incinerate, Green Fire & freaking Chaos Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    I'd love that at level 20, Juraxxus kills him and you will then play perma eredar lol.
    I imagine Jaraxxus shows up, punts Wilfred back to base and the player controls Jaraxxus for a period of time. After which Wilfred will reappear back where he originally cast it or something.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Nah, in all my games with him, I was spamming Q as I should. You should never let a cooldown go to waste as a dps (unless of course you are 100% going to miss the skillshot). Having a half-decent team will negate all the drawbacks of Life Tap and actually make you shine, because Gul'dan is a dps (actual damage per second) hero who has infinite resources. That's his strength in his current HotS iteration and metagame and that showed even in my QM matches as him. He's a different hero to pick certainly, and I see the reasons behind his design, but honestly, I cannot accept that Gul'dan does not have Drain Soul, Incinerate, Green Fire & freaking Chaos Bolt.
    I really, REALLY hope Rain of Destruction gets reworked and made into Chaos Bolt. Like Kael's pyroblast except the likes of Uther's Divine Shield don't stop it, that would be a game changer. At the minute he only has 1 Ulti, it's not even up for debate (I am happy with him though otherwise)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraz View Post
    I really, REALLY hope Rain of Destruction gets reworked and made into Chaos Bolt. Like Kael's pyroblast except the likes of Uther's Divine Shield don't stop it, that would be a game changer. At the minute he only has 1 Ulti, it's not even up for debate (I am happy with him though otherwise)
    I wouldn't make it targeted. I would make it a slow skillshot that pierces through everyone in the line dealing immense damage.

Deleted
    So like BFG? I do not know...If it is like BFG, its a copy, and if it is targeted it is a pyro copy. The immunity piercing is intrigueing, alas i am not sure if such a skill has a place in hots....also you would have to increase its cooldown or lwoer the dmg. If it was to ignore immunities and would hit as hard as pyro, wouldnt that be a tad OP?
    No splash dmg either.

I think RoF is ok per se, it just should not hit random but instead deal its low dmg in the whole area. Would ok then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombard View Post
    So like BFG? I do not know...If it is like BFG, its a copy, and if it is targeted it is a pyro copy. The immunity piercing is intrigueing, alas i am not sure if such a skill has a place in hots....also you would have to increase its cooldown or lwoer the dmg. If it was to ignore immunities and would hit as hard as pyro, wouldnt that be a tad OP?
    No splash dmg either.

I think RoF is ok per se, it just should not hit random but instead deal its low dmg in the whole area. Would ok then.
    BFG? Also, it wouldn't pierce immunities, but just pierce through players dealing its full damage to everyone. Yeah, if it dealt its damage to everyone in the area, it would be ok.

BEST GUL"DAN TALLENTS SO FAR
    1 Echoed corruption
    4 Health funnel
    7 Hunger for Power
    10 Horrify
    13 Harvest life
    17 Ruinous Affliction
    20 Haunt , but you can go for demonic circle if you are bad at fleeing
    this is one of the strongest builds enjoy

Funnily enough Dark Bargain is doing surprisingly well. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I suppose it would do quite nicely against a dive comp to give you a bit of breathing room.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    BFG? Also, it wouldn't pierce immunities, but just pierce through players dealing its full damage to everyone. Yeah, if it dealt its damage to everyone in the area, it would be ok.
    BFG is Blunt Force Gun from Sergeant hammer...you know, that huge ass rocket circling the world when fired I interpret the name of that skill as a Doom reference, so...
    That immunity piercing of a potential Chaos Bolt was talked about on various places now. This is how chaos bolt works in WoW, but as i said, i do not think this mechanic would fit into hots

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    1 Echoed corruption
    4 Health funnel
    7 Hunger for Power
    10 Horrify
    13 Harvest life
    17 Ruinous Affliction
    Nah. Lvl 4 the minion killing thing is stronger, as is lvl 13 the healthstone. You are way less killable by stuns that way. Also lvl 7 depending on your comp...if you have a healer, taking the corruption cd reduce via fel flame seems to be better.
    At least that is what i think^^

Just got 15k gold. How is it doing in ranked? Should I buy it or wait til they lower the price?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Just got 15k gold. How is it doing in ranked? Should I buy it or wait til they lower the price?
    He plays like the standard warlock in WoW, with both their strengths and weaknesses. If that's a playstyle that you can bend to your will, go ahead. Otherwise wait for the price reduction/free week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    He plays like the standard warlock in WoW, with both their strengths and weaknesses. If that's a playstyle that you can bend to your will, go ahead. Otherwise wait for the price reduction/free week.
    Pretty much this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also very spammy and pokey with his Q. If you like dancing around tossing out abilities constantly rather than waiting for the "right" moment to unload a full burst combo, you'll like Gul'dan.

- - - Updated - - -

1 Echoed corruption
    4 Health funnel
    7 Hunger for Power
    10 Horrify
    13 Harvest life
    17 Ruinous Affliction
    If you're doing an E build and not taking Bound By Shadow at 7, you're doing it wrong.

Also most of the W talents are pretty subpar. Minion sac and Improved Life Tap at 4 are both vastly better - Sacrifice is amazing on maps like TOSQ, ST and Infernal where you will almost constantly be fighting right next to a minion lane, and it acts as a better fountain with two charges to keep you in the skirmish.

As mentioned, Healthstone is almost universally better as well.

I ran him in try mode, and while numbers looked a bit off (bugged), he looks like fun. You can focus talent builds on any ability or use a mix of talents to suit your style.

I noticed that RoD has radius large enough to possibly hit both top camps in GoT (a map where Guldan would already be very strong). He has enough sustain to take down 4 man camps alone at 20 (although a tad slowly).

I've got lots of gold and it's going to be very interesting to choose the next couple of heroes to buy. Guldan is a contender, though. Chromie is hella fun, I'm just average at tracer and Li Ming beckons for some HL action - coz my team almost never has her in HL if she passes the 1st ban phase. I can hold off buying Lunara, too.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2016-07-18 at 07:48 AM.

Also very spammy and pokey with his Q. If you like dancing around tossing out abilities constantly rather than waiting for the "right" moment to unload a full burst combo, you'll like Gul'dan.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're doing an E build and not taking Bound By Shadow at 7, you're doing it wrong.

Also most of the W talents are pretty subpar. Minion sac and Improved Life Tap at 4 are both vastly better - Sacrifice is amazing on maps like TOSQ, ST and Infernal where you will almost constantly be fighting right next to a minion lane, and it acts as a better fountain with two charges to keep you in the skirmish.

As mentioned, Healthstone is almost universally better as well.
    dunno life leach an enemy and get him killed will only have a 2 sec void to life leach again , visually its a deterrent to the mind and will make you flee after a second or two
    and a health strone .. dunno what impact that will have visually and mentaly

15+ Year Old Account
    dunno life leach an enemy and get him killed will only have a 2 sec void to life leach again , visually its a deterrent to the mind and will make you flee after a second or two
    Oh well if we're talking Bronze 5 level play then yeah take whatever you like

Seeing the enemy's HP suddenly jump up by around 900 has a MUCH bigger impact visually than a silly beam does, at least to players who aren't suffering from actual brain damage.

Oh well if we're talking Bronze 5 level play then yeah take whatever you like
    who cares about bronze , its effective and it works

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Seeing the enemy's HP suddenly jump up by around 900 has a MUCH bigger impact visually than a silly beam does, at least to players who aren't suffering from actual brain damage.
    you dont speak from experience arent you ?