Deleted

Question Legion Collectors Edition vs Preorder Dilemma, Solutions?

So i ordered Legion Collectors Edition long ago when it first came out for preorder....

My problem is that i wont have my key or copy until 1-2 days before the release of Legion.

This means that i wont have early access for Demon Hunter like the people that bought the digital deluxe version.

Any1 else with the same dilemma? and how did you solve it?

Thankful for tips or answers! /hug

The DH starting zone is 1h20m maybe 2h at max if you read all the questlines. Still enough time and you will also avoid the initial zerg of players that preordered as well as the following influx of ones that didn't preorder. No worries

They have given a option. Of a kinda refund. You get a key for legion back if you use it ( extra key) that you can give to a friend.

But there are no other options as far as i know.

Yea its bullshit, should have digital now phyiscal later option for Collectors edition, with the increased cost instead of sticking to the customer
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

In the same boat, amazon is projecting Sept 2nd delivery for me. Guess I'll just have to wait till then, maybe just keep it mint in the box if I don't feel like playing after all.

Blizzard really screwed collectors editions this year.

There is a way around, I believe. You can contact customer support and fiddle it out.

Had same dilemma, ultimately decided to go for DD.

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Deleted
    I've seen this talked about a lot on the main forums as if it's Blizzard just screwing up. Can people really not see that it's an intentional fiddle to double on your sales, so Blizzard can claim XXmillion players for WoW worldwide, in full knowledge that a lot of these will be people who pre-purchased so they could play DH early but also bought the Collector's Edition. The fanbase for the game is predictable enough that they can rely on a large percentage shelling out twice. I mean sure, they'll complain about it on the forums but then they've been complaining about the game since it's inception, hasn't stopped em playing!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    In the same boat, amazon is projecting Sept 2nd delivery for me. Guess I'll just have to wait till then, maybe just keep it mint in the box if I don't feel like playing after all.

Blizzard really screwed collectors editions this year.
    How exactly did blizzard do this?

Sounds like the retailer did this.

Honestly though they should ship them out early. Its not like you can play anything new till launch day anyway when the server activates the new content. Literally nothing is lost doing it this way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    That's not a workaround though is it? The solution they are presenting is buy it twice, we'll let you pass a key on to someone else after launch. Except of course most people who play the game will have bought a key already, so the majority of people that buy it twice will just be left with a spare key. But Blizzard will be able to report much higher market penetration than they really have, not to mention the higher sales. It's a very cynical marketing move imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    How exactly did blizzard do this?

Sounds like the retailer did this.

Honestly though they should ship them out early. Its not like you can play anything new till launch day anyway when the server activates the new content. Literally nothing is lost doing it this way.
    Sorry I should clarify, I would and have been OK in the past waiting for a couple of days for my collectors editions to arrive.

But this is the first time they have added exclusive early access content. So I am a little disgruntled that I wont have that opportunity unless a I drop another $45.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksmiter View Post
    That's not a workaround though is it? The solution they are presenting is buy it twice, we'll let you pass a key on to someone else after launch. Except of course most people who play the game will have bought a key already, so the majority of people that buy it twice will just be left with a spare key. But Blizzard will be able to report much higher market penetration than they really have, not to mention the higher sales. It's a very cynical marketing move imo.
    They did this for WoD already. I bought the normal game directly from the store and ordered the CE from amazon. When CE arrived I entered the CE key, got the normal edition key and just put it on ebay for 90% of the usual price. Was sold in hour.
    Dunno, yes, you are paying ~10 or even 20% more but that is what you get if you do not want to wait 1-2 days for your CE to arrive. I am fine with that.

Deleted
    Well i have 2 accounts and have no issues
    I will use regular DDE on the one and will get the DH much much early(later will simply move it to my main account)
    But i`m agree that ppl who buy CE box should get a digital key for activation or flagging the account for Legion preorder with rest on the moment when they pay for (i prepayed my one)