Finally took a moment to round up a couple FC folks and a friend of mine for an Aquapolis run. Our first time in there, and we had some serious beginner's luck, because we made it to the last room despite a couple "oh fuck...wait what" moments with the doors trolling the shit out of us. Couple of minions dropped, bunch of crafting mats, and a few pieces of glamour gear. Same sort of stuff people were reporting in about when the patch hit. Didn't realize how fast a treasure goblin would up and disappear, though...little shit got away from us.

Looks like I'll have to gather from some level 60 nodes at least once a day now.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Currently at 72/240.
    I really don't understand how you people can grind so much w/o losing interest or getting bored.
    I just run roulettes, primarily 50 and 60, and do Vanu Vanu dailies. For a long while I skipped leveling, trial, and EX even, but I've started doing those again too (here and there, not every day). Plus 200 eso from the weekly Void Ark and Weeping City runs. There have been a few days on weekends I've gotten squirrely and done some Aetherochemical Research Facility runs to get some extra ones. If I spotted a PF speed run group doing it, I'd probably join for a few hours since I'm getting to the home stretch now. I could mute the game and finish last season's Flash or Arrow.

I've finally run out of sands, though. I have to actually put effort towards getting sands again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    2-3 umbirtes a day through roulettes is serious grinding? :O
    That's 600/900 Eso, you'd have to do dungeons for 2-3 hours in order to get that many (unless you go in with a premade group and clear dungeons in 15 minutes).

I'd call that serious, yes.
    @Faroth: Heh, I had to go and gather a bit for sands yesterday too.

That's 600/900 Eso, you'd have to do dungeons for 2-3 hours in order to get that many (unless you go in with a premade group and clear dungeons in 15 minutes).

I'd call that serious, yes.
    @Faroth: Heh, I had to go and gather a bit for sands yesterday too.
    I generally have one friend with me who's ilvl 235ish DRG, and every so often a FC buddy who's 230ish AST/WHM, so yeah, grabbing a friend or two whose well-geared makes for sub-20 minute roulettes more often than not. We tend to prioritize expert, 60, and 50, and we get those done within a hour, barring any bio breaks or some absolutely terrible pug players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started to get around to doing the Moogle (must kill them) dailies, and one of the moogle is called ふわふわモーグリ/Fluffy Moogly. I want it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I started to get around to doing the Moogle (must kill them) dailies, and one of the moogle is called ふわふわモーグリ/Fluffy Moogly. I want it.
    You hadn't touched them all this time? :O Great series of dailies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    You hadn't touched them all this time? :O Great series of dailies
    I started now. I was gone for 3 weeks vacation with parents/grandparents so wasn't really able to do anything in FFXIV.
    Also must murder moogles. I don't care if they're trying to rebuild, they left me scarred. Also them hammering/pick axing the ground randomly gave me a good chuckle.

You get to slap and throw bombs at them later ;P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    You get to slap and throw bombs at them later ;P.
    Sign me up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sign me up.

Patch 3.3 did a good job at sating the need for violence against moogles, with the addition of the beast tribe quests + Sohr Khai. Sprinkle in the level 58 DRK quest plus the original moogle bash-fest aka Thornmarch, and I think there's plenty of moogle bashing to be had.

Got my first real "welcome to crafting" moment yesterday: 2 sets of carbonweave gloves that were above 80% chance to HQ...both NQ. Needless to say, I'm going to take a look at my cross class list and see what I can dump for Reclaim, heh. Pretty sure on each of those two tries, I had at least 2-3 failed hasty touches and no condition procs that I could really benefit from. Third time was a charm and I got them to HQ, but not before going damn near piss broke in the process.

Now to save up gil/mats for 170 offhands...weeee!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Patch 3.3 did a good job at sating the need for violence against moogles, with the addition of the beast tribe quests + Sohr Khai. Sprinkle in the level 58 DRK quest plus the original moogle bash-fest aka Thornmarch, and I think there's plenty of moogle bashing to be had.

Got my first real "welcome to crafting" moment yesterday: 2 sets of carbonweave gloves that were above 80% chance to HQ...both NQ. Needless to say, I'm going to take a look at my cross class list and see what I can dump for Reclaim, heh. Pretty sure on each of those two tries, I had at least 2-3 failed hasty touches and no condition procs that I could really benefit from. Third time was a charm and I got them to HQ, but not before going damn near piss broke in the process.

Now to save up gil/mats for 170 offhands...weeee!
    You only really worry about reclaim until you can get decent gear with nice high CP. And even then, I'd only use CP if you were crafting say ironworks. At least on my server the mats for carbonweave is pretty damn cheap.

Once I got 170 gear pre-3.3 I had maybe two occasions where I really wished I'd had reclaim socketed and all the rest were "meh, it didn't cost that much". Now that I have ironworks it feels like I personally would have to make a mistake to not get 100% HQ chance, as even RNG can't seem to hold me down.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, guild spontaneously asked me to help out on T9 unsync today. Finally got my quest for final coil done.

Now I'm curious how long it'll take me to actually down the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    You only really worry about reclaim until you can get decent gear with nice high CP. And even then, I'd only use CP if you were crafting say ironworks. At least on my server the mats for carbonweave is pretty damn cheap.

Once I got 170 gear pre-3.3 I had maybe two occasions where I really wished I'd had reclaim socketed and all the rest were "meh, it didn't cost that much". Now that I have ironworks it feels like I personally would have to make a mistake to not get 100% HQ chance, as even RNG can't seem to hold me down.
    Inclined to agree more with this assessment because if I'm remembering that particular craft (attempt #2), I had good procs just as Steady Hands 2 fell off (not in itself a bad thing), but instead of using each of those for normal touches (had used Tricks of the Trade to bank CP), I was holding out for more condition procs in order to use precise touch. Instead I left my ass over an open flame, had a couple of failed hasty touches instead, only had it at 86ish% (instead of 100%), and got what I deserved for being bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, guild spontaneously asked me to help out on T9 unsync today. Finally got my quest for final coil done.

Now I'm curious how long it'll take me to actually down the bosses.
    Boom. Should be quick with 230 gear. We did it with 170? 180?, not pleasant until we got an understanding of the boss. Group was kind of half derp admittedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boom. Should be quick with 230 gear. We did it with 170? 180?, not pleasant until we got an understanding of the boss. Group was kind of half derp admittedly.
    Yup only dangerous thing is meteor stacking. Evenrything else was over within seconds.

Yup only dangerous thing is meteor stacking. Evenrything else was over within seconds.
    In my opinion, you've completed the hardest fight in the Coils.

We had less issue with Phoenix and Bahamut with our unsync group runs than Nael ever gave us. Granted, our gear was a bit better when we went back to them, but mechanic-wise, they weren't as nightmarish as Nael's dragon dive bombers for us.

Finally got around to completing one of my personal side goals today and obtained the Midgardsormr card. Easier than it was before, but I also did like 20 cards in two days (most of them timed NPCs, so I was juggling running between them and playing matches and crossing my fingers), so I'm burnt out on Triple Triad for the time being.

Can consistently beat Rowena now as well, so will combine farming for the Lousoix card with the 300 roulette matches achievement at some point...and knowing Rowena, get the achievement first (I'm at 99 out of 300 for the achievement that gets the card).

MNK is now approaching 57 so it shouldn't be much longer until I hit 60. After that comes WAR and then I get the lovely <Grandmaster of War> achievement and title that I'm after. I shall be exploiting the fact that tomorrow's patch brings us The Palace of the Dead to also push WAR up a few levels, I think. Apparently it starts at level 17 so it will be interesting to see how good the experience gain is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch notes up, and holy balls they went all out on this deep dungeon. It's like a traditional Japanese rogue like.
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...c82c85a550f9a0