Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    All I'll say is that a 40 metres range on a turret is BS, if the damn thing is able to snipe you from this doorway on one of the Lijang CPs without drop off then there is something wrong.

I mean that distance is nearly half the map's size and a turret really shouldn't be subing into Widowmaker's job. It's meant to be locking down small areas with heavy firepower not taking down other players before they even enter the area or other turrets being set up on outside ledges. Granted this was a game that I had been loaded into after the red team already had one CP under their belt and we were forced into attacking from the left side of the building as the turret was sniping us as we ran out from the upper entrance to the area and the other players had the garden and right side of the map secure. Irregardless that distance is still stupidly far for a turret that auto aims and has no drop off on it's bullets.

Also it's not only on Lijang, it can snipe you on most of the other maps as well if positioned correctly. e.g. from near the sign nearby the first checkpoint on route 66 pointing towards the player spawn and either of the ledges next to the CP in Kingsrow. An additional gripe would be that it shouldn't be able to detect you behind it until you start shooting at it but that can be ignored.
    If a team with a torbjorn has enough time to set up there, the other team is fucking something else up on a much larger scale.

And again, drop any tank with any long range damage dealer in an area where they can shoot the turret and it's not a problem.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    My question to all the Torb haters out there:
    How does it feel, not being able to deal with a stationary target?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If a team with a torbjorn has enough time to set up there, the other team is fucking something else up on a much larger scale.

And again, drop any tank with any long range damage dealer in an area where they can shoot the turret and it's not a problem.
    Yes because 15-20s (about the time it takes for a Torb to drop a turret and level it up) is such a long time for the Torb to get it's turret up. I may have neglected to mention that this was after they had reclaimed the point using a suicide Dva, Roadhog and Lucio combo to kill four of us on the point (Torb on our team was being a df and set up his turret near our upper starting entrance to the main area and a Genji was dueling a Tracer but seriously fuck that Ult's LoS issues). Then as we were running back into the area through the upper entrance it was sniping us as we came off the ledge in addition to killing the Turret that our Torb had set up there which is ridiculous range. Now take into account it's positioning again, the turret was positioned just slightly outside the pagoda's right side entrance which happens to be a really hard place to snipe at without being in view of A) the turret and being shot at and B) the enemy team having a full view of you. Even with a tank in either situation, it's still strongly in favour of the Torb and the fact he can just start rebuilding the turret if you manage to get rid of it in this situation and still have to deal with the enemy team and the control point is getting to be stupid.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no need for salty players who can't deal with turrets in fps games either but yet here you are qq'ing.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes because 15-20s (about the time it takes for a Torb to drop a turret and level it up) is such a long time for the Torb to get it's turret up. I may have neglected to mention that this was after they had reclaimed the point using a suicide Dva, Roadhog and Lucio combo to kill four of us on the point (Torb on our team was being a df and set up his turret near our upper starting entrance to the main area and a Genji was dueling a Tracer but seriously fuck that Ult's LoS issues). Then as we were running back into the area through the upper entrance it was sniping us as we came off the ledge in addition to killing the Turret that our Torb had set up there which is ridiculous range. Now take into account it's positioning again, the turret was positioned just slightly outside the pagoda's right side entrance which happens to be a really hard place to snipe at without being in view of A) the turret and being shot at and B) the enemy team having a full view of you. Even with a tank in either situation, it's still strongly in favour of the Torb and the fact he can just start rebuilding the turret if you manage to get rid of it in this situation and still have to deal with the enemy team and the control point is getting to be stupid.
    Then take five seconds for Pharah with a reinhardt blocking her to just shoot the turret from that ledge, if it has such a long line of sight.

The enemy team had a tracer, a Roadhog, a D.va, and a Lucio, apparently (and torbjorn) meaning that had absolutely jack-all ranged ability, meaning no one could 1) do much to contest a pharah to begin with and 2) couldn't stop the reinhardt+pharah (or any other tank+ranged damage dealer, as we discussed) from destroying the turret unless they all pushed waaaaay off the point, in which case the turret is no longer defended, nor is the point.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The only thing that might be changed would be to deactivate the turret when Torb's dead. Maybe put it in "sleep mode" or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Then take five seconds for Pharah with a reinhardt blocking her to just shoot the turret from that ledge, if it has such a long line of sight.

The enemy team had a tracer, a Roadhog, a D.va, and a Lucio, apparently (and torbjorn) meaning that had absolutely jack-all ranged ability, meaning no one could 1) do much to contest a pharah to begin with and 2) couldn't stop the reinhardt+pharah (or any other tank+ranged damage dealer, as we discussed) from destroying the turret unless they all pushed waaaaay off the point, in which case the turret is no longer defended, nor is the point.
    Well that might've worked, if we had the time. This was on a CP map remember with a CP that had over 50% on the enemies' side after being taken back so we really didn't have the time to be fucking around with dedicating a single Pharah and Reinhart to deal with a sniping turret whilst also hoping that the D.va does not bounce the Reinhart out the way or the Hog pulling the Pharah down and killing her. I also neglected to mention that the 6th enemy player was a Mei who switched to Reaper later on. Either way the main point of my argument is still that Torbjörn's turret range is ridiculously long for a weapon that is meant to be aimed at locking down a small area, not sniping players across the map.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

This was on a CP map remember with a CP that had over 50% on the enemies' side after being taken back so we really didn't have the time to be fucking around with dedicating a single Pharah and Reinhart to deal with a sniping turret
    You're saying 50% but it seems you mean 97% ?

In which universe does 50% of a capture point means "WE CANNOT WASTE 5 SECONDS TO RUIN THE TURRET GUYS WE HAVE TO RUSH THE POINT NOW OR WE LOSE !!!" ?

Indeed, 50% is ages of time at your hand.

Enough time to let your Reinhardt + Pharah stand there and nuke down that turret, while the 4 others flank and go in on the left side, where the turret can't see you, and simply play safe (no need to go inside before the turret is down, or before the timer is closer to 95%), then when Pharah have killed the turret, and most likely Torbjørn as well, if he tried to fix it, they can jump down and attack from the front while you guys go in from the left. And simply push them out.

The game is rather balanced, as long as you know how to play. Bads gotta bad though, and they are always mad cuz bad. And that is the reason threads like this is made.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Well that might've worked, if we had the time. This was on a CP map remember with a CP that had over 50% on the enemies' side after being taken back so we really didn't have the time to be fucking around with dedicating a single Pharah and Reinhart to deal with a sniping turret whilst also hoping that the D.va does not bounce the Reinhart out the way or the Hog pulling the Pharah down and killing her. I also neglected to mention that the 6th enemy player was a Mei who switched to Reaper later on. Either way the main point of my argument is still that Torbjörn's turret range is ridiculously long for a weapon that is meant to be aimed at locking down a small area, not sniping players across the map.
    So let me see if I have this right...

You're moaning about a turret shooting at people that you deliberately didn't focus.
    Turrets provide a lot of damage if you just leave them free shooting all match. They provide none if you take a few seconds to collectively kill it.
    It also focuses Torbjorn into a setup phase again when you kill it making him vulnerable.
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-07-18 at 01:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it's quick play it's understandable. People are stubborn and won't ever change. But if it's competitive people have to just suck it up and switch to counter the other team.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the seeing through walls abilities such as those of hanzo and widow are retarded

Both symmetra and torb got turret damage nerf. I was not expecting sym as there was zero mention of her nor her turrets being too strong.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    tbh the only thing I really think should be changed is the lock-on time. If you can't peek around a corner without instantly getting shot by a turret that locked on on 1 cm of your body you know something should be done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    100% agree, but they are so deeply into TF2's ass that they had to copy the Engi as well.

Pretty dumb that they'd copy the Engi but not their counter class, the Spy.
    They mentioned Sombra being stealthy...so yeha, next champ the Spy will be there