Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    So all new gear is 720 (plus titanforged mechanic) but the existing gear remains the same. Got this right now?

By existing, I mean already looted
    Correct. There's people in this thread theorizing that 720+ can be anything up to 780 but I strongly doubt this is the case. (Even though very few people tested Mythic HFC on the PTR, I'm positive we would've seen somebody posting about such items existing... as of now, I haven't seen anything.)

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Correct. There's people in this thread theorizing that 720+ can be anything up to 780 but I strongly doubt this is the case. (Even though very few people tested Mythic HFC on the PTR, I'm positive we would've seen somebody posting about such items existing... as of now, I haven't seen anything.)
    Well, the bare minimum for Titanforged is +15. So maybe something in the likes of +15-25?

+25 would be slighty over the existing Archimonde WF items

Deleted
    So all new gear is 720 (plus titanforged mechanic) but the existing gear remains the same. Got this right now?

By existing, I mean already looted
    I doubt it, I'm sure already existing gear also goes down to 720 (725 if it was warforged).

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    I doubt it, I'm sure already existing gear also goes down to 720 (725 if it was warforged).
    No wonder I am confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    I'm guessing you're one of the people who would get removed for complaining about gear. Bad loot councils obviously exist, but if you've ever played exclusively with a bunch of rational adults it's not hard to imagine a system where loot council actually works well. My current guild has been using loot council since it's inception and we've lost exactly one person to loot drama this expansion. The player in question was kicked for complaining about not getting enough gear ("I paid to transfer here, you owe me purples!")
    nope. because I use a fair and impartial system. you have the points you get the gear.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Weird both fury and arms warrior are more complex (and more fun) than they currently are on Live. So maybe you don't know what the fuck you are talking about?
    Gave me a good chuckle.

None of my existing gear was downscaled on the PTR. Please do not spread misinformation. Currently existing gear is not being touched.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Lol @ loot council. People still use the old give it to your buddy system?
    You mean the most common way for all the top guilds? Yeah, it's used a lot still.

- - - Updated - - -

nope. because I use a fair and impartial system. you have the points you get the gear.
    Sounds like your system is meant to consider loot as a prize for the player, rather than a tool for the team to use to progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    None of my existing gear was downscaled on the PTR. Please do not spread misinformation. Currently existing gear is not being touched.
    Why even bother running HFC then apart from killing manno/archi for the mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Sounds like your system is meant to consider loot as a prize for the player, rather than a tool for the team to use to progress.
    Regardless of the loot system you use loot is a prize for the player. It's the core of WoW's longevity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Why even bother running HFC then apart from killing manno/archi for the mounts?
    For fun? I'm sure alot of people will do it just to try out class changes as well as maybe try and complete mythic before the Xpac launches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol @ loot council. People still use the old give it to your buddy system?
    Most high end guilds use loot council unless they're running PL for whatever reason.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

What's the name of this fair and impartial system that so many guilds overlook?

Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    What's the name of this fair and impartial system that so many guilds overlook?
    (You generally don't run loot council for fairness in progress guilds, you run it for efficiency)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

It's not fair and impartial. It's for scrubs that use gear as a prize. Carefully hoarding points and passing up on decent upgrades so you can outbid your "rival" (team mate) on a trinket isn't fair and impartial.

Lol back at you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    (You generally don't run loot council for fairness in progress guilds, you run it for efficiency)
    What's unfair about it?

Existing gear is not going down to 720

I'm getting this whole post wrong. If the Titanforged is implemented with the Valor upgrade you can definitely go over 750...

There are already ilvl 751 items
    I wonder how that will work with Weapon enchants, as they can't be placed on Items > 749.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipton View Post
    I wonder how that will work with Weapon enchants, as they can't be placed on Items > 749.
    751 will be impossible to get after the patch, and any 751 weapon you got before the patch will presumably be enchanted already?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    751 will be impossible to get after the patch, and any 751 weapon you got before the patch will presumably be enchanted already?
    And if you want to change the enchant, due to all the class changes.

Ah well, we'll find out tomorrow