Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    am i the only crazy person who fucking loves the core of wod sub rogue? like with no tier set, any raid trinkets, etc. i spend 30min+ just hitting the dummy in my garrison and i really enjoy it
    I didn't mean to imply that WoD sub is bad, just that most of the praise is due to an outlier of an experiment they did with the trinkets/ring. The gameplay is solid, but definitely dated, with no changes since cata except for blade twisting (worst mechanic ever).

Legion sub is just different, with it's downsides just like WoD sub has it's downsides.

I will say that i won't miss blade twisting at all, and i won't miss the required precision on cd's - When optimal CD use and timing is measured in seconds with no forgiveness, it's not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    It doesn't show... all 3 of is rogue video were shit... in the sub one he spend more time on the color of the spell than on the actual gameplay... I had some respect for the guy but this expansion he did shit video... I understand that he doesn't like the change but he makes no good point and sound like a cry baby with no argument...

Yes all 3 specs have flaws but there is really good foundation for all of them.

Instead of spending the time on the specs to find what is and what is not working he just say it's bad... I understand the guy doesn't have all the time in the world but don't argue that he did crazy testing when he CLEARLY didn't...
    We will have to agree to disagree, because he went into detail why the specs don't work and how they do work. Even Finallboos went form why are Rogue players complaining to "oh I get it now guys, sorry".

- - - Updated - - -

am i the only crazy person who fucking loves the core of wod sub rogue? like with no tier set, any raid trinkets, etc. i spend 30min+ just hitting the dummy in my garrison and i really enjoy it
    You are not alone, because I like WoD Sub too.

First and foremost, Preachgaming is a youtuber, he makes videos based on his own opinion on the relative content he is reviewing. He is not exactly good at the game, hes not a master pvper.

He is a mediocre player who makes well-thought out videos so people can preview content, thats it. Rogues are actually quite good in legion.

I think he did enough testing to call his opinion "informed" but which spec is more "fun" is highly subjective. I have a feeling they might get somewhere--maybe mid-way through the expansions--with Outlaw and actually make the spec work. You'd think having a spec where you do different things based on different procs could be fun and engaging. I'm not saying that's Outlaw now (I've virtually no experience with the spec) but it's certainly something that could happen.

I personally will miss dispatch. We're "nostalgic" about it because it was one element that often let us play Assassin when other specs might have been better, since execute is useful.

Rogue doesn't appeal to the playerbase en masse - in other news water is wet.

Rogues are fine, if you liked rogues before you'll like them now. If you didn't like them you probably won't like them now either. As long as they tune each spec to be roughly equal so you can play whichever one you want, I see no reason to complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    First and foremost, Preachgaming is a youtuber, he makes videos based on his own opinion on the relative content he is reviewing. He is not exactly good at the game, hes not a master pvper.

He is a mediocre player who makes well-thought out videos so people can preview content, thats it. Rogues are actually quite good in legion.
    He's used to do well in high-end PVE in the past though and still does some of it, but not at the highest level anymore.
    Nothing and Everything

Quote Originally Posted by tehTyrant View Post
    He's used to do well in high-end PVE in the past though and still does some of it, but not at the highest level anymore.
    It's a fair comment his play is pretty mediocre - even on the specs he played most. Good enough for a top guild (debatable, technically) but in the context of this forumbase that isn't really that great (mmo-champion being far more hardcore than say the wow forums)

OT: I usually disagree with his videos and find them annoying if not downright incorrect, but for the melee specs I've played his analysis was spot on. For rogues I've only tried outlaw. Obviously preference is personal opinion, and he will explain things he dislikes negatively but dig into the theme and ask yourself if you like that theme (regardless of whether preach liked it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

When I first saw Roll the bones I thought it could literally take any combat buff from any class in the game which I thought was a very cool idea. Imagine having a pool of perhaps 50 different combat buffs some of which would completely change your rotation or how the class plays until the next one comes up.

This comes as no surprise.
    Seeing how the class has been all alpha, i wasn't expecting anything more for the outcome.
    Some of us have complained and complained and nothing has changed.
    I can personally totally get behind Preach on this one, with the exception that i need to pile even more shit on Roll the Bones for outlaw.
    It's _the_ worst thing i've seen in a game recently.

I think that Blizzard has no clue on what to do with this class, they haven't had a clue in a long long time.
    Hence we have had monks and now dhs introduced to the game later on.
    Each expansion they've tried to figure it out, but it always seems to end up being shit on, and for a good reason.
    Even the amount of people playing this class vs others shows it.
    But if it's not enough to say "we don't want this", i really have no solution how it's going to get better in the future.
    I give up and don't really care anymore, do what you wish with this class Blizzard.

I've sort of made my decision already.
    My main for Legion will be the rogue, but only by name and for legacy reasons.
    Doing things first time with the rogue, BUT i know that enhancement shaman is the spec i'm going to be playing like 70% of the time of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Redecle View Post
    I think that Blizzard has no clue on what to do with this class, they haven't had a clue in a long long time.
    That's quite a leap of logic. Blizzard don't know what to do with rogues therefore they introduce monks and demon hunters? Unless you feel that they should have introduced a rogue tanking (or even healing?) spec, I can't see your line of reasoning. I haven't exactly seen anyone calling for this though.

It mostly sounds as if you're salty that new classes that can roll on agility leather have been introduced. That's understandable but less relevant these days with personal loot and whatnot.

As far as I can see they've actually done a pretty good job redesigning rogues to meet their ideas of class fantasy as well as trying to promote spec diversity, and RtB is a fun and engaging (even iconic) ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Redecle View Post
    This comes as no surprise.
    Seeing how the class has been all alpha, i wasn't expecting anything more for the outcome.
    Some of us have complained and complained and nothing has changed.
    I can personally totally get behind Preach on this one, with the exception that i need to pile even more shit on Roll the Bones for outlaw.
    It's _the_ worst thing i've seen in a game recently.

Each expansion they've tried to figure it out, but it always seems to end up being shit on, and for a good reason.
    Even the amount of people playing this class vs others shows it.
    But if it's not enough to say "we don't want this", i really have no solution how it's going to get better in the future.
    I give up and don't really care anymore, do what you wish with this class Blizzard.

I've sort of made my decision already.
    My main for Legion will be the rogue, but only by name and for legacy reasons.
    Doing things first time with the rogue, BUT i know that enhancement shaman is the spec i'm going to be playing like 70% of the time of the expansion.
    i'd love it if people didnt "speak for everyone" when clearly not everyone agrees with them.

rogue has changed a lot since alpha you know, assa has been made objectively better than it is on live, outlaw is better unless you actually liked bandit's guile and not just "BUT IT'S SKILLCAP HURRDURR", and sub is totally different but still is the spec with the most depth, yes it's technically easier than sub now, but that's because the t18 setbonuses add another layer to that skillcap, honestly my only gripe with sub(which is a big one and i will fight blizzard to the ends with it) is that BS and SS cant be on the same button, if that didnt exist sub would be the smoothest spec there ever was.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    i'd love it if people didnt "speak for everyone" when clearly not everyone agrees with them.

rogue has changed a lot since alpha you know, assa has been made objectively better than it is on live, outlaw is better unless you actually liked bandit's guile and not just "BUT IT'S SKILLCAP HURRDURR", and sub is totally different but still is the spec with the most depth, yes it's technically easier than sub now, but that's because the t18 setbonuses add another layer to that skillcap, honestly my only gripe with sub(which is a big one and i will fight blizzard to the ends with it) is that BS and SS cant be on the same button, if that didnt exist sub would be the smoothest spec there ever was.
    This.. so much. I will play my rogue and gameplay wise the only thing that I think is flawed is the shadow dance bar // stance macro. Assa is looking super fun to play, the problem with assa are the mastery and haste value not the gameplay. Outlaw and rtb are fun to play, again, the problem with outlaw is the RNG factor not the game play. Sub is looking great complex and fun to play .... Just miss that God damn shadow dance bar

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Rogues are fine, if you liked rogues before you'll like them now. If you didn't like them you probably won't like them now either. As long as they tune each spec to be roughly equal so you can play whichever one you want, I see no reason to complain.
    i know people don't like the whole "sky is falling attitude" but i think this is another extreme. they made big enough changes that a lot of people who main rogue now are switching off the class, and the other way around, 90% of people who are going to main outlaw have never played a rogue before.

i know people don't like the whole "sky is falling attitude" but i think this is another extreme. they made big enough changes that a lot of people who main rogue now are switching off the class, and the other way around, 90% of people who are going to main outlaw have never played a rogue before.
    to be fair, no self respecting rogue shouldve ever "mained" combat either unless they were forced to
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-07-18 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    to be fair, no self respecting rogue shouldve ever "mained" combat either unless they were forced to
    ya i mean it wasn't a popular spec but there is a small group of people who only want to play it. i'm just saying that it's hard to deny the majority of people flocking to outlaw this expac will non-rogue mains who are doing it mainly for the flavor of the spec, not because they want to play the rogue class. so it's not really fair for the other poster to say that not liking rogues in the past means you won't want to play one in legion because outlaw is a thing now.

tested all specs and clases but disc priest.

I 100% agree with his list.

altough im going blood DK and i will have the best melee off-specs ever. really enjoyed them.

Deleted
    Will be first time i will reroll my rogue since WOTLK launch. I have to admit, Preacher finalised my decision. I've just got beta this weekend so will give the class benefit of the doubt and try it out. But i'm looking to go Monk as we arent allowed to go DH in our guild, due to an officer wanting it and not being allowed to switch from range to melee lol. If DH really shines through i may have to do the regrettable thing and look to move guilds. As much as i love my current. It's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by nairobi13 View Post
    Will be first time i will reroll my rogue since WOTLK launch. I have to admit, Preacher finalised my decision. I've just got beta this weekend so will give the class benefit of the doubt and try it out. But i'm looking to go Monk as we arent allowed to go DH in our guild, due to an officer wanting it and not being allowed to switch from range to melee lol. If DH really shines through i may have to do the regrettable thing and look to move guilds. As much as i love my current. It's a shame.
    and t here cant be more than 1 DH in your guild? lol

also give rogues a chance, they didnt fundamentally change, they still play the same way they've been for 11 years

I've never played a rogue beyond lvl 20 but I was drawn to both sub and outlaw due to the revamped class fantasy. I gave up on sub due to the lack of burst AOE, really liked outlaw but I was ironically turned off from the class as a whole by the weaksauce order hall campaign. Class fantasy giveth and class fantasy taketh away I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by nairobi13 View Post
    I can't imagine a guild with such ridiculous enforcements being fun. Switch sooner then later, be happy.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose