Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    As for the UI, everything is really straight forward, but I wish I could see what kind of glyphs are available to my spec. Its annoying not knowing what I have available and im not sure why the only option to know what glyphs we have is to learn inscription.
    You can do that on wowhead right now (based on the beta, not any hidden internal build).

Just go to your class:
    http://legion.wowhead.com/classes

In my case, I'll select Death Knight.

I get a page for Death Knights.

http://legion.wowhead.com/class=6/death-knight

Then I click on Glyphs.

I see 10 glyphs.

There are glyphs on Army of the Dead (I think this is Unholy?), Path of Frost (two mutually-exclusive), Wraith Walk (one for Blood, one for Unholy, one for walking--e.g., to jump over obstacles while in Wraith form), Anti-Magic Shell (one for Blood, one for Frost), and two for Raise Dead (which I'm guessing are both Unholy still?).

Once we know what spells each spec has, we should be able to tell which glyphs are for which specs.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    You can do that on wowhead right now (based on the beta, not any hidden internal build).

Just go to your class:

Then I click on Glyphs.

I see 10 glyphs.

There are glyphs on Army of the Dead (I think this is Unholy?), Path of Frost (two mutually-exclusive), Wraith Walk (one for Blood, one for Unholy, one for walking--e.g., to jump over obstacles while in Wraith form), Anti-Magic Shell (one for Blood, one for Frost), and two for Raise Dead (which I'm guessing are both Unholy still?).

Once we know what spells each spec has, we should be able to tell which glyphs are for which specs.
    Thats nice for sure but something in game would be nice just for the general UI for glyphs. Thanks for linking that though, will definitely be using that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Im not sure if they removed this, not sure why they would, but back in alpha we were able to get these cool cosmetic enchant things sort of that made our weapon look like it was imbued with wind, fire, etc. Was really cool and its shaman specific, not sure if that would fall under the glyph category or enchant category. Most likely the latter, but not sure.

As for the UI, everything is really straight forward, but I wish I could see what kind of glyphs are available to my spec. Its annoying not knowing what I have available and im not sure why the only option to know what glyphs we have is to learn inscription.
    Yeah the old weapon imbues are under enchants. The Tomes drop off a some elemental raid bosses like Rag and Tectus.

Deleted
    Hehe, looked up Death knights glyph's and love the description on Glyph of Wraith walker;

"While in Wraith Walk you, well, walk." Are those the official descriptions of Blizzard?

The only reason you'd want to remove/change a glyph is if you want a mutually-exclusive glyph to put in its place.

For instance, druid's travel form has (that I can remember) four glyphs. You can make the stag look like either a cheetah or a doe, you can make the walrus look like an orca, or you can make the hawk/bat look like a sentinel (a kind of owl).

You can't have all four. You can't have even two (though I'd want the cheetah, the orca, and the sentinel). You have to choose one.

:-)
    So is the Stag 100% speed increase gone now?

Quote Originally Posted by Balgazarr View Post
    So is the Stag 100% speed increase gone now?
    http://legion.wowhead.com/class=11/d...pells:type=-13

Unless there's a lot more glyphs than have been data-mined, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tranmet View Post
    Hehe, looked up Death knights glyph's and love the description on Glyph of Wraith walker;

"While in Wraith Walk you, well, walk." Are those the official descriptions of Blizzard?
    From what I understand, reading the comments, Wraith Walking is kind of floating. You're levitating, without levitating. So you can't jump over obstacles, apparently.

Wraith Walker lets you actually walk, which means you can jump.

Or something like that, it's 5am here...

Deleted
    what happens to old glyphs, what are in bags or bank, and inks/pigments?

Just go to your class:

Then I click on Glyphs.

I see 10 glyphs.

RIP reduced fall damage with Path of Frost. That glyph kept its same slot since the day it was released for me, gonna miss it. </3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post
    Usually glyphs turn into 'junk' items that you can only vendor or destroy so better get rid of them now. Don't know about inks/pigments, if they still have their uses then they will be kept the same (not a scribe sorry).

The ten old glyph-inks BETTER still be useful. I emptied six reagent banks of Draenic herbs, converted them to inks, and traded them for old inks. (I have enough inks for almost 150 glyphs for each old-world ink. At an average of four old-world-ink glyphs per class, that's about 350-ish characters I can equip...)

Glyphs in bags should have one of 2 effects. If the glyph was changed it will becomes the new glyph (aka itemid is the same). If the glyph no longer exists (itemid not a legion glyph) it will becomes a grey junk item.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Glyphs which have not been converted into another or transitioned will most likely become vendor trash, as will the recipes for learning them.
    Materials if they still remain a part of crafting should be unchanged.
    I still expect there to be a traditional levelling of the profession, so there will still be glyphs crafted at various levels, and with various levels of materials.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

So can we buy glyphs on live right now for the ones that are still going to exist/get changed and then have them ready to go after the prepatch? I was looking some up on wowhead and they seem to still be the same item (again, only for the ones that still exist).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    So can we buy glyphs on live right now for the ones that are still going to exist/get changed and then have them ready to go after the prepatch? I was looking some up on wowhead and they seem to still be the same item (again, only for the ones that still exist).
    If the item ID stays the same, I'm inclined to say yes...but this is a system overhaul so spend your gold with caution. They could always make all old glyphs vendor trash so that people have to pay Scribes in the xpac.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    If the item ID stays the same, I'm inclined to say yes...but this is a system overhaul so spend your gold with caution. They could always make all old glyphs vendor trash so that people have to pay Scribes in the xpac.
    Well 90% of people will not even know that new gylphs exist and assume they are gone forever.
    Of the 10% that do know glyphs still exist less then 1% will be carrying glyphs with them and instead have them all learned so they need to buy anyway
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good system for it, but it bugs me how some glyphs that I just can't live without (like the Shadowform one, or Astral Form) are either gone or put on a vendor I can't access between Tomorrow and August 30th.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)