Poll: Are todays generation pussies?

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I wish a lot of idiots in the world would get castrated just so there's no risk of them reproducing. ¬_¬
    Problem is, an idiot can have genius offspring and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Problem is, an idiot can have genius offspring and vice versa.
    I can confirm that.

Well the baby boomers sure had it good, so good they fucked over todays generation, I should know...Im a baby boomer.

One thing I would say though of the current generation, too much crying. Fucking lock that shit away and throw away the key.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    A friend of mine pushes recruits through Navy basic training. He says the kids that have come through boot camp in the last 4 years experience withdrawal symptoms when they are separated from their cell phones. They fidget, can't stand still and generally can't deal with anything difficult.

Cultural trends come and go. Back then some sensitive issue were religion, sexuality and mental health while now it's other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korlok View Post
    Outrage over someone elses outrage is so outrageous.
    It's more outrage over hypocrisy. If you're going to get triggered by other people getting offended over things while getting offended by things you choose, then you're a hypocrite. And a pussy.

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-07-18 at 07:10 PM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    It's more outrage over hypocrisy. If you're going to get triggered by other people getting offended over things while getting offended by things you choose, then you're a hypocrite. And a pussy.
    Methinks you may have missed the sublime humor in my post. Sorry that you're so oversensitive to people being oversensitive that you've become the thing you hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

10+ Year Old Account
    A friend of mine pushes recruits through Navy basic training. He says the kids that have come through boot camp in the last 4 years experience withdrawal symptoms when they are separated from their cell phones. They fidget, can't stand still and generally can't deal with anything difficult.
    What do you mean pushes recruits through? Does he work at the reception center? Or is he an RDC? And bro, every generation seems to think the new generation are pussies who can't operate with out current comforts. It's all horseshit. I mean what are withdrawel symptoms from their phones? Have you ever been through basic training? I would say most people look like they're going through withdrawel of some sort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korlok View Post
    Methinks you may have missed the sublime humor in my post. Sorry that you're so oversensitive to people being oversensitive that you've become the thing you hate.
    I don't hate it. I'm going to point out hypocrisy though.

What do you mean pushes recruits through? Does he work at the reception center? Or is he an RDC? And bro, every generation seems to think the new generation are pussies who can't operate with out current comforts. It's all horseshit.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't hate it. I'm going to point out hypocrisy though.
    Not exactly. The baby boomers don't think that of Gen X. Sure, old guys always say the current generation is shit. But being total pussies is uniquely Millennial thing, since it is just at such and astronomically comical level (in the US).

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean pushes recruits through?
    As anyone who has gone to Navy basic training knows, that expression refers to CCs/RDCs. (They were called CCs when I was in, Company Commanders. Later the term was changed to Recruit Division Commanders when the basic training units themselves went from being "companies" to "divisions.") While there were a lot of kids who could be said to be console game addicts when I first went through, today it's different. They're used to having a personal escape tool whenever they were dealing with something dull or unpleasant. Suddenly they find themselves without them and they behave like drug addicts dealing with withdrawal symptoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Not exactly. The baby boomers don't think that of Gen X. Sure, old guys always say the current generation is shit. But being total pussies is uniquely Millennial thing, since it is just at such and astronomically comical level (in the US).
    There were pussies in every generation. And strong people in every generation. Saying otherwise is confirmation bias.

- - - Updated - - -

As anyone who has gone to Navy basic training knows, that expression refers to CCs/RDCs. (They were called CCs when I was in, Company Commanders. Later the term was changed to Recruit Division Commanders when the basic training units themselves went from being "companies" to "divisions.") While there were a lot of kids who could be said to be console game addicts when I first went through, today it's different. They're used to having a personal escape tool whenever they were dealing with something dull or unpleasant. Suddenly they find themselves without them and they behave like drug addicts dealing with withdrawal symptoms.
    Ok. I'm former Army. We called them Drill Sergeants. But saying people are finding themselves behave like drug addicts means you've never seen a drug addict go through withdrawal or you're massively exaggerating. Basic can be a shock initially for an 18 year old kid. And some people really show it. That's what he's seeing.

I can't help it, I'm a massive pussy. Game of Thrones makes me cry. I don't let people know when I'm offended though, I just skip straight to "fuck you"

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Pretty good way of putting it

Now of course very generation complains about the generation below - but men are definitely less manly these days

The only reason I'm so sure of that is because every early 20something girl I meet complains about it
    Girls in their 20s only want Chads and ignore anything else
    Last edited by Hisholyness; 2016-07-18 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. I'm former Army. We called them Drill Sergeants. But saying people are finding themselves behave like drug addicts means you've never seen a drug addict go through withdrawal or you're massively exaggerating. Basic can be a shock initially for an 18 year old kid. And some people really show it. That's what he's seeing.
    Unfortunately, lots of drug addicts do try to enlist in the Navy and it is the Naval Training Command's medical staff who have drawn the comparison, not me or he.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MattEffect View Post
    I can't help it, I'm a massive pussy. Game of Thrones makes me cry. I don't let people know when I'm offended though, I just skip straight to "fuck you"
    Saying "fuck you" is a good indication of being offended.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, lots of drug addicts do try to enlist in the Navy and it is the Naval Training Command's medical staff who have drawn the comparison, not me or he.
    When you get sworn in the 2nd time at MEPS you're drug tested. I don't know how they would even get close to a training unit.

There were pussies in every generation. And strong people in every generation. Saying otherwise is confirmation bias.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya but, we didn't wear bike helmets while riding at 2mph in the driveway. We made a ramp and rode down the hill and broke bones in grand fashion. You guys have "safe spaces" to go if words hurt you. Seriously, you just don't see it cause you know no other world, but it's pretty over the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya but, we didn't wear bike helmets while riding at 2mph in the driveway. We made a ramp and rode down the hill and broke bones in grand fashion. You guys have "safe spaces" to go if words hurt you. Seriously, you just don't see it cause you know no other world, but it's pretty over the top.
    Wait...what are you talking about "Safe spaces" to go? Where are these safe spaces? This "The current generation is a bunch of pussies" is used by older dudes to try to make themselves sound tough.

Cars used to not have seat belts too. But as time goes on, we get smarter.

Wait...what are you talking about "Safe spaces"?
    The places where millennials go on college campus if they worry that some feelings might get hurt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe-space

"The term safe space has been extended to refer to a space for individuals who are marginalized to come together to communicate regarding their experiences with marginalization, typically on a university campus"

My generation doesn't even know what that shit means. But we think you should slow down and stay off our lawn, just the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you get sworn in the 2nd time at MEPS you're drug tested. I don't know how they would even get close to a training unit.
    Starting back in the 1990s, the US Navy holds the drug test for the processing phase of basic training (the "P Days"). You're like a fat lady at a milkshake shop right now. You're grasping at straws.

10+ Year Old Account
    The places where millennials go on college campus if they worry that some feelings might get hurt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe-space

"The term safe space has been extended to refer to a space for individuals who are marginalized to come together to communicate regarding their experiences with marginalization, typically on a university campus"

My generation doesn't even know what that shit means. But we think you should slow down and stay off our lawn, just the same.
    Support groups. Which is exactly what that is, have been around for decades bro.

- - - Updated - - -

Starting back in the 1990s, the US Navy holds the drug test for the processing phase of basic training (the "P Days"). You're like a fat lady at a milkshake shop right now. You're grasping at straws.
    Um, MEPS is for all branches bro. And you may get tested at the reception center, but you're also tested at MEPS. And if you pop that test you're not going anywhere. But nice passive/aggressive insult.