Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Not since the A6.
    So the code used for the A6+ SoC's don't use ARM code?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    7/11's are big in the US. Japanese owned or they used to be.
    Japan has more 7/11 stores than any other country but it has never been owned by a Japanese company.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Japan has more 7/11 stores than any other country but it has never been owned by a Japanese company.
    7/11 was an inside job.

Sorry could not resist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Economy size may not matter in terms of starting up, especially if you can make it big in a growing industry rather than stagnate in an established industry.
    Except the UK invests far more in tech start ups than Ireland does, so again not really.

Ireland has its attractions but it is tiny in comparison to the UK in every respect, it is like comparing the US to Mexico, the US and UK are going to win on every count.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    7/11 was an inside job.

Sorry could not resist.
    Definitely. We have the best convenient stores in the world hands down.

You can buy full meals, good alcohol, tons of neat shit.

http://www.bonappetit.com/wp-content.../02/7-11-9.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FxHc0Kp902...somize-025.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    So the code used for the A6+ SoC's don't use ARM code?
    They do, the new chips are still ARM. That poster is just wrong.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Except the UK invests far more in tech start ups than Ireland does, so again not really.

Ireland has its attractions but it is tiny in comparison to the UK in every respect, it is like comparing the US to Mexico, the US and UK are going to win on every count.
    for now

Mexico is not as stable as Ireland, its not a good example. Its more like comparing the US to canada

10+ Year Old Account
    for now

Mexico is not as stable as Ireland, its not a good example. Its more like comparing the US to canada
    For now and for the foreseeable future.

Use Canada then, the US is still massive in comparison and wins on every count.

You are mixing up the dependence of an economy on a sector with how important that sector is internationally - tech is important to Ireland, Ireland is not important to tech. Ireland is less of a tech centre than the UK is and will be for our lifetimes, the lifetimes of any children we may have and their kids as well.

It is like saying Malta is a gambling centre and the US is not, because gambling plays a larger role in the Maltese economy than it does in the US economy, even though the US gambling sector dwarfs the Maltese one.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Definitely. We have the best convenient stores in the world hands down.

You can buy full meals, good alcohol, tons of neat shit.

http://www.bonappetit.com/wp-content.../02/7-11-9.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FxHc0Kp902...somize-025.jpg
    They are shit actually in my town, compared to Quick Trip. I must admit I eat those nachos with the suspect chili sometimes though.

10+ Year Old Account
    For now and for the foreseeable future.

Use Canada then, the US is still massive in comparison and wins on every count.

You are mixing up the dependence of an economy on a sector with how important that sector is internationally - tech is important to Ireland, Ireland is not important to tech. Ireland is less of a tech centre than the UK is and will be for our lifetimes, the lifetimes of any children we may have and their kids as well.

It is like saying Malta is a gambling centre and the US is not, because gambling plays a larger role in the Maltese economy than it does in the US economy, even though the US gambling sector dwarfs the Maltese one.
    I am saying Ireland is a good place to be right now if you want to start up.So is the UK, but where an economy is growing at a great rate with low taxes, and an economy that is being built around your industry, why not start there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Brexit consequences makes it a no-brainer for cherry-picking the few remaining sweet global UK-owned assets!
    Cases like these are planned for YEARS beforehand. They don't just commit 30 billion into a business because "they want to cherry pick something".

You people are so stupid it physically hurts me.

Infracted for Flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-07-18 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am saying Ireland is a good place to be right now if you want to start up.So is the UK, but where an economy is growing at a great rate with low taxes, and an economy that is being built around your industry, why not start there?
    You said that Ireland is a tech centre and the UK is not, but Ireland is less of a tech centre than the UK and will continue to be so due to the disparity in economy sizes.

You are not comparing an apple with an orange, you are comparing an apple with an orchard.

10+ Year Old Account
    You said that Ireland is a tech centre and the UK is not, but Ireland is less of a tech centre than the UK and will continue to be so due to the disparity in economy sizes.

You are not comparing an apple with an orange, you are comparing an apple with an orchard.
    the UK is not being built around that industry. Its an already perfectly fine established economy. Ireland is a growing tech center where starting up is a great idea, as the economy is being build around that industry.

10+ Year Old Account
    the UK is not being built around that industry. Its an already perfectly fine established economy. Ireland is a growing tech center where starting up is a great idea, as the economy is being build around that industry.
    The Irsh tech industry is still smaller than the UK one, Ireland invests less in start ups than the UK does and both the UK and Ireland provide incentives for tech companies to start up, so how is Ireland a tech centre and the UK not?

Your argument does not really make any sense, you could use that same argument to claim that tech playing a larger role in Ireland than the USA, means that Ireland is a tech centre and the USA is not.

Personally I do not regard either Ireland or the UK as global tech centres, more like countries that have tech industries in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Cases like these are planned for YEARS beforehand. They don't just commit 30 billion into a business because "they want to cherry pick something".

You people are so stupid it physically hurts me.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Brexit wasn't even 1 month ago. I doubt the fact that the UK left the EU has anything to do with this acquisition.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Irsh tech industry is still smaller than the UK one, Ireland invests less in start ups than the UK does and both the UK and Ireland provide incentives for tech companies to start up, so how is Ireland a tech centre and the UK not?

Your argument does not really make any sense, you could use that same argument to claim that tech playing a larger role in Ireland than the USA, means that Ireland is a tech centre and the USA is not.

Personally I do not regard either Ireland or the UK as global tech centres, more like countries that have tech industries in them.
    Except California is where tech is a booming industry.

I am talking about places that are growing and being built around the industry. I am not talking about already established economies having a tech sector.

I mean why bother with any country besides the US with your logic?

Quote Originally Posted by Chetnik View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Brexit wasn't even 1 month ago. I doubt the fact that the UK left the EU has anything to do with this acquisition.
    The difference in exchange rates means it cost them a whole lot less to buy or they were able to pay a bit more for it now.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You can have any investments I have when you are paying 143% of the stock value. This is a no brainier for their shareholders.

- - - Updated - - -

Motorola called to ask if you remember them and how they made apple processors for like 20 years. I hear they still make a damn fine walkie talkie though.
    Didnt they make satellite phones with no deadzones that drove them to the brink of nonexistence?
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except California is where tech is a booming industry.

I am talking about places that are growing and being built around the industry. I am not talking about already established economies having a tech sector.
    California is not a country though, so by your criteria the US does not count as a tech centre but Ireland does. Do you not see how your argument is silly?

If you are going to do it by region, then London has a greater tech industry than Ireland, so by your definition London is a tech centre but the UK is not. And Ireland does not even fit your definition of a tech centre if you break it down into regions, as not all of Ireland is going to be tech focused.

I mean why bother with any country besides the US with your logic?
    It is your logic that is at fault, using the same argument as you are using I just dismissed the US as a tech centre, which is clearly a nonsense.
    Last edited by Kalis; 2016-07-18 at 06:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    California is not a country though, so by your criteria the US does not count as a tech centre but Ireland does. Do you not see how your argument is silly?

If you are going to do it by region, then London has a greater tech industry than Ireland, so by your definition London is a tech centre but the UK is not. And Ireland does not even fit your definition of a tech centre if you break it down into regions, as not all of Ireland is going to be tech focused.
    Im talking about places that are booming and are developing around that industry. Its not a hard concept. For example You may not think its a good idea to open a new tech firm in Oklahoma, but California would be a good bet.