Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    Think of it this way: one less option makes the decision making process that little bit easier! Say "Thank you, Blizzard"!
    Lmao, I guess thats the only positive way to look at things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manifestatio View Post
    Hopefully the uproar when pre-patch hits will be large enough that we get changes. Otherwise, don't bother with ret, the talent tree is abysmal and the new spells are not satisfying whatsoever.
    That sucks. I've been a Paladin for most of my WoW career....

Deleted
    RET: WORST OF THE WORST. THE WORST TALENT TREE THAT HAS EVER BEEN IN WoW AND THE MOST UNINTERESTING AND NON-SATISFYING BUTTONS IN THE GAME.
    Doubt that. Why? Because the Ret tree was never any good. It was always a row that either didn't matter or had a clear winner. Some were situational but you can easily swap for these situations anyways. It may not be better, but you can't make a talents that are at the worst even worse. They could remove them and give every Ret the same in WOD and it wouldn't matter.

Am I a bit disappointed that they didn't make a real improvement? Yes. But I would still call it an improvement. At least the lvl 30 and 60 row have potential. Why Divine Purpose is still in the talents is something I don't understand, but it shows that Blizzard just didn't want to put too much work in the talents.

Add to that: THEY'RE USING ASHBRINGER FOR THIS MONSTROSITY, it's a straight up insult to all ret players.
    Don't feel like that. And if you don't like it, transmog it.

The ret class feedback is by far the one with most posts in it because ret is so horrible, but do they want to maybe change anything? After several months of Alpha AND Beta and very good suggestions and ideas they have actually changed NONE of the problems and fixed NONE of the bugs with the spec.
    Blizzard never really cared about the Palading class. They always got the least blue posts and changes, their talents where the most reused ones over the years. They get the Holy one fine most of the time because it is a healer and they have some basic guide lines for healers when they work on them. But especially Ret is a spec they don't care much about and they never did except when they needed to fix it for BC. So nothing surprising or new. Ret was ok in some addons but that was more due to coincidents and luck and not because they put in a lot of thoughts and work.

I'm saying that since 2012 - "World of Castercraft"

Ret isnt so good but is better than warriors that is by far the worse meele class, and if you look at meele at all, they all are very bad

We'll see what's what when Legion actually releases. I'm not really into their design choices for Ret this expansion. The fact that they refused to give the spec some baseline mobility, when all other melee specs have it, is a large issue for me. I'd much rather have all the self-healing taken from the spec if something has to be given up. We got Uther from HotS as holy spec. Johanna as protection spec. However, they decided to cut Tyrael as retribution for whatever reason.

*shrug* I'll be giving protection a go. If it's not to my liking I probably won't be playing yet another wow expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramiell View Post
    'd much rather have all the self-healing taken from the spec if something has to be given up.

So you want the Paladin to be a mobile melee plate dps....hmmm I wonder if Blizzard has something like that already.....

WARRIOR

I dunno, maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    There is no point being part of history if you're too ignorant to understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    So you want the Paladin to be a mobile melee plate dps....hmmm I wonder if Blizzard has something like that already.....

WARRIOR

I dunno, maybe?
    There is a difference between being a mobile DPS and having SOME mobility. Ret in BC was rough because you were basically just running in circles trying to cast judgement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerknard View Post
    There is no hope for Ret in Legion. 1st of all Ret will change to RAT Think about it, Tirion = Dead, Uther = Dead, Mahad = Dead. They kill our big shot and leave the wifey which is Lady Liadrin, Yrel live so they can wiggle their hips (or @$$) with us in the name of "W" key. Maybe next expansion they will make paladin female only so some fans can make a fan art about orc and holy knight (you know what i mean) because the holy knight can't even escape from orc warrior cuz mobility. Now that I think about it Blizzard element is Ice which favored by DK and Mage (as for others I don't know) and DK is Paladin arch nemesis. They make DK have gapcloser and huge damage only nerf it recently a tiny weeny little bit. As for RAT i mean ret, they only play the number between crusade, boj, bow, templar verdict. 100 Page of feedback with no response = blizzard is shitty company. I hope other Stockholder realize this and complain, only for blizzard to take countermeasure by remove RAT class forever and ever.

Fuu... Rage aside

Agreed dude.
    This is probably the most dramatic thing i have read, i wouldn't respond to this if i was a dev either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post

WARRIOR

I dunno, maybe?
    We don't need to be as mobile as warriors, we don't need to be able to instantly connect with our targets like they do with charge and Heroic Leap, but we do need something more than what we have currently(Ret paladins in Legion are less mobile than we have EVER been in WoW's history, including Vanilla)... Melee DPS cannot function if they cannot get to their target, and we can't get to our target right now if they aren't a complete moron who attempts to kite walking backwards - having a functional level of mobility is absolutely necessary for a melee spec to be viable.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-07-18 at 04:31 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    We don't need to be as mobile as warriors, we don't need to be able to instantly connect with our targets like they do with charge and Heroic Leap, but we do need something more than what we have currently(Ret paladins in Legion are less mobile than we have EVER been in WoW's history, including Vanilla)... Melee DPS cannot function if they cannot get to their target, and we can't get to our target right now if they aren't a complete moron who attempts to kite walking backwards - having a functional level of mobility is absolutely necessary for a melee spec to be viable.
    I was with you until you said Vanilla... I don;t think Ret, or Paladins had any speed boosts at all. Then again, its been a decade, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I was with you until you said Vanilla... I don;t think Ret, or Paladins had any speed boosts at all. Then again, its been a decade, lol.
    We had pursuit of justice, and we still had a no cooldown, low mana cost cleanse that removed magic effects, which we haven't had since Cataclysm, that one is very important.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

We had pursuit of justice, and we still had a no cooldown, low mana cost cleanse that removed magic effects, which we haven't had since Cataclysm, that one is very important.
    I don't recall PoJ being a Vanilla spell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't recall PoJ being a Vanilla spell.
    It was a 2 point talent in Retribution that gave 15 % movement speed, believe it or not I'd take that any day over current ret mobility.

Edit: 2 or 3 point talent, I recall it as 2 but might be 3

Been playing my ret since wrath, only thing I have never really liked is the fact we got holy power.

I could really care less what else they do but I do wish they would remove holy power.

Meh its whatever ill get use to the new skills and keep playing my ret.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It was a 2 point talent in Retribution that gave 15 % movement speed, believe it or not I'd take that any day over current ret mobility.

Ahh, I see. I think all melee had something along those lines. I was thinking of active spells. My bad.

10+ Year Old Account

It was only 8% back then actually and cost 2 talent points, it was upgraded to a 3 point 15% increase sometime during BC...

PoJ isn't the important part anyways, cleanse is what makes it better, without magic cleanse or emancipate in Legion we are never going to catch anyone.

Also we had an instant cast repentance that could be used as a pseudo gap closer... I mean, I guess if you want to try and hard cast repentance to gap close you could do that, rofl.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-07-18 at 05:41 PM.

Deleted
    It was only 8% back then actually and cost 2 talent points, it was upgraded to a 3 point 15% increase sometime during BC...

PoJ isn't the important part anyways, cleanse is what makes it better, without magic cleanse or emancipate in Legion we are never going to catch anyone.

Also we had an instant cast repentance that could be used as a pseudo gap closer.
    Yes, correct all way through. We no longer have utility, offheals that matter or mobility. But at least we have an aura for 20% dmg and 30% dmg reduction when one of our allies die, right? RIGHT?

10+ Year Old Account
    offheals that matter
    I seriously miss being able to instant cast a FoL any time I got a melee crit back in WotLK... RIP Art of War, you will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Hopefully the uproar when pre-patch hits will be large enough that we get changes. Otherwise, don't bother with ret, the talent tree is abysmal and the new spells are not satisfying whatsoever.
    when has anything been Improved in a pre patch? -Plenty of nerfs, cant recall any improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Daystone View Post
    After doing a lot of reading here and on other forums, as well as testing on the PTR, the big question I have is as following:
    Is there ANY hope at all that there will be gameplay changes between now and say, 1 month into Legion? -Or "should" I switch to my Unholy DK and not regret it soon-ish after launch? I love my paladin, but you can read "gameplay changes" as drop Judgment down a pit that leads straight to hell.
    Both DK specs are super fun. If you don't like what they've done with Ret, and there's no changes between now and August 30, I think you should play your DK. You'll enjoy yourself more than if you were living on a hope and a prayer. As for me, I have a lot of gripes, but I'm too diehard to switch mains. I'm just gonna have to accept the crappy aspects for the foreseeable future.

Deleted
    Hey atleast it's not feral. For the first time since LK we had decent aoe/burst aoe and were competetive in dungeons (mythic+) and maybe progress raids (mythic) then they take the biggest hottest dump on literally all aoe spells nerfing it to the ground and beyond literally the day before prepatcH =)