Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    That guy looks more Latino then anything. lol
    Just because he wears a suit and tie doesn't make him white.
    Your idea of a aryan whiteness doesn't exist, a large portion of white people would look similar to Erdogan during the summer and they see a little bit of sunlight.

Personally judging by your second sentence (which is rather telling) I think the concept of white Muslim offends you if anything else.

Also.

Given the past statements by EU/national politicians and the statements made that Turkey wouldn't be joining the EU within most people's lifetime I do wonder what they mean with ''end EU accession talks''.

It seems to me that the EU as a whole doesn't really want Turkey to join and aren't really a honest partner when it comes to the accession so why should threatening to end talks actually mater?
    Last edited by ati87; 2016-07-18 at 05:25 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Which is why I don't get why they don't use firing squad. Or hanging. Costs nothing. Or whatever the price of one round is.
    Because the execution isn't the expensive part. Are you advocating the removal of due process? Because due process is the only reason why the death penalty is more expensive.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    So you doubt EU is the richest entity on planet? Yes it is, the EU GDP is bigger than the American or the Chinese.
    Why someone wouldn't join is the correct question.
    because only a few actually benefit from it while most don't. Greece joined the EU and look what happened to them. Ireland, Spain, Italy....italy is your next country to bail out. Then you have Brussels backed by Germany forcing countries to take in hundreds of thousands of people from the 3rd world "or else". Yeah, no way would I ever want to be part of the EU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    You realize the death penalty costs more than life imprisonment? Unless of course you don't care about due process and making sure the guy who is being put to death is actually guilty. Then of course there is always the risk of ending an innocent persons life over the misconception of saving a few dollars.
    Yeah, where did you pull that out of?

Again, you're not being very clear... at all.

The person I quoted said that the death penalty makes sense because it's cheaper than life in prison. That is not true. That's all I said, I didn't bring up the cost of trial, I didn't bring up the drugs required, I didn't bring up plea bargains. I was simply pointing out to TwoNineMarine that the fact that death penalty is cheaper is a misconception.
    I brought those things up, and then you quoted me. It doesn't really matter. You could just scroll up and read it but, meh why bother with this? What do you gain from this non-discussion we are having? If I misquoted, who really cares? Its a forum with many posts.

- - - Updated - - -

You realize the death penalty costs more than life imprisonment? Unless of course you don't care about due process and making sure the guy who is being put to death is actually guilty. Then of course there is always the risk of ending an innocent persons life over the misconception of saving a few dollars.
    At what age? Surely that figure is not equally accurate for both 20 year olds and 80 year olds. And even on the whole, it takes like 60k+ a year in the US to put someone away. I would like to see your math on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    White isn't a literal meaning, the majority of whites are actually peach/pink skinned, some even reddish. True white like the Forsaken's skin color doesn't even exist.

Look at how reddish this is.
    strawman argument.

7+ Year Old Account
    good.
    merkel doing something good for once.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Your idea of a aryan whiteness doesn't exist, a large portion of white people would look similar to Erdogan during the summer and they see a little bit of sunlight.

Personally judging by your second sentence (which is rather telling) I think the concept of white Muslim offends you if anything else.

Also.

Given the past statements by EU/national politicians and the statements made that Turkey wouldn't be joining the EU within most people's lifetime I do wonder what they mean with ''end EU accession talks''.

It seems to me that the EU as a whole doesn't really want Turkey to join and aren't really a honest partner when it comes to the accession so why should threatening to end talks actually mater?
    You think wrong. Know what happens when you assume like that? You make an ass out of you and yourself. Typical lefty thought patterns though so no surprise there.
    Last edited by Xires; 2016-07-18 at 05:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Pointless posturing as Turkey won't be joining the EU anytime soon. The moment Turkey joins EU is when Fixit, Swexit, Denxit etc. happen.
    This. We are talking about a country that geographically, culturally and economically has no business in the EU. A country ranked 69th in the United Nations Human Development Index, behind Libya, Libanon or Venezuela. A country unifying behind a rabid, religious leader. A country happily doing business with the most notorious terrorist organization of the planet.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a pretty well known statistic with multiple sources only a google search away. But here are a few:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphi.../#383941a34563

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/i...h-penalty-cost

http://www.nbcrightnow.com/story/155...life-in-prison
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2016-07-18 at 05:34 PM.

because only a few actually benefit from it while most don't. Greece joined the EU and look what happened to them. Ireland, Spain, Italy....italy is your next country to bail out. Then you have Brussels backed by Germany forcing countries to take in hundreds of thousands of people from the 3rd world "or else". Yeah, no way would I ever want to be part of the EU.

- - - Updated - - -

Greece started it's downfall before joining the EU, the policies that destroyed Greece was decades old policies that had nothing to do with the economics of the EU.

Ireland destroyed his own economy with their own messed up banking system, the EU at that time didn't really have the power to stop individual countries from checking the banks of individual countries.

Spain and Italy had issues before the EU itself was created, the high unemployment rate of young people has predates the creation of the EU

So what would you do with refugees? First legally as agreed upon by treaties you really can't send them back to the country of origin if that means a certain death (like if it;s a warzone).

SO this would mean if you follow the EU rules you force Greece to take every single refugee
    Second solution would be to send them back to Turkey which the EU and turkey have a agreement that allows this but as part of the agreement the EU countries has to take at least some refugees in as well
    Third solution would be to sink their boats and drown them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    This. We are talking about a country that geographically, culturally and economically has no business in the EU. A country ranked 69th in the United Nations Human Development Index, behind Libya, Libanon or Venezuela. A country unifying behind a rabid, religious leader. A country happily doing business with the most notorious terrorist organization of the planet.
    Your talking about the UK now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, some good news for Turkey.

Not sure why this is newsworthy at all. It's not like "oh yeah! Great, Germany says Turkey can't join if they introduce death penalty and Germany is the leader of the EU, awesome!". If anyone thinks that they are completely oblivious. Just as anyone who is protesting/worried of Turkey joining the EU. Being principally in favor of Turkey joining the EU doesn't change the fact that Turkey first has to fulfill every criteria for joining the EU, and despite them having been an applicant since 1987 they are still not nowhere near close to doing that. At this rate they will be able to join in the year 3,000. So don't worry. Also Germany has principally been against it regardless, and that is just the most prominent member that is principally against it. When the day comes that they fulfill the criteria to join I am quite sure there will be at least one small country in some corner of the Union that will veto it, like the Republic of Cyprus or some conservative little country in the east like Latvia. So let them negotiate, don't worry about it.

This is nothing more than Germany stating a fact. It's nothing new. A country cannot join the EU having the death penalty because it is forbidden according to the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, which was introduced by the Treaty of Lisbon. It is a clear requirement for membership. It was the case yesterday, it is today and it will be tomorrow. I am not part of the Merkel hating choir, I rather like her, just saying this is not a moment to praise Germany. It's a completely neutral moment.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Wow, some good news for Turkey.
    Nicely done, sir. +1 internets for you

Deleted
    solid argument.
    Fixed that for you.

Deleted
    That guy looks more Latino then anything. lol
    Just because he wears a suit and tie doesn't make him white.
    What? White, latino, turkish, they are all caucasian.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Its almost as if Portugal and Spain were in Europe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So your saying when Trump is going to build a wall is to keep those white people out :P?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, are you telling me when the Spaniards and Portuguese crossed the Atlantic ocean they didn't stop being white?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Turkey cannot join the European Union if it reinstates the death penalty, a spokesman for the German government said on Monday, sending a clear message to President Tayyip Erdogan who has raised the possibility after a failed military coup.

"Germany and the member states of the EU have a clear position on that: we categorically reject the death penalty," government spokesman Steffen Seibert told a news conference.

"A country that has the death penalty can't be a member of the European Union and the introduction of the death penalty in Turkey would therefore mean the end of accession negotiations."

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-tur...-idUKKCN0ZY0Y5
    Turkey has no place in the EU. None. We share nothing with them and only a small part of their country is even on the European continent.
    Despot Erdogan can piss off. We want none of what he's shoveling.

Deleted
    Wait, are you telling me when the Spaniards and Portuguese crossed the Atlantic ocean they didn't stop being white?!
    That big fire ball in the sky transformed them!