Deleted
    I'm in the top 1% for kills per game at an average of 45.61 kills per game. Pretty good. Anybody want to go a round with me?

Pharah is dope.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I'm getting the exact opposite, the more i played, the more people unwilling to stick i found. I may retry tonight after a couple of weeks of hiatus, but i doubt that in the low ranks there's still people doing anything (and i just assume people will be just leaving the game if it's not of their tastes).
    Yeah I was getting really dejected for a time. I don't know if I got lucky or just carried (sad to say with how average I am) some teams to get out of my placement ranking, but I did get out. I can't remember if I dropped lower than 43 before that graph started tracking....but I did get out of placement as 49, then did nothing but drop down, at which point I was considering never playing the game again even though I love it.

That's part of the reason I had to stop playing so much and only play a couple of games a night with my brother, then we both stop while we are ahead. Since I started doing that my rank has been steadily climbing to where I honestly believe the 60 bracket is likely where we belong. I'm starting to see the cheese strat too much now though, where a high rank player queues with a super low rank player and then it tosses them in with us.

It's a lose lose for everyone involved except the high player, so it really sucks. Perfect example, we had a rank 62 who was grouped with a rank 46 in our rank 54 game. Had the same group twice. We lost the first series and lost an entire rank. We won the second match and gained like 1/6 of a rank. As soon as we were back with normal rank people, we were back to winning being 3/4 of a rank and losing only being 1/4, which felt more appropriate.

The worst part is you have no control over it. It's too late to leave when you see them, but you know you have to bust your balls and the win will get you nothing...but god forbid you lose with someone that high on your team b/c you are done for.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I got back into ow recently and I'm already looking to drop it. Terrible casual game with low skill involved and barely to no aim needed on most characters.

Blizzard managed to basterdize another genre, the only reason this trash is successful is because of the blizzard fanboys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Im currently rank 49 in competitive but I got too angry at the hanzo hit boxes ujst killing me in 1 hit, I may try again once the patch hit but for now I am definitley losing interest in the game due to cheap shots from some players.
    Game is made to make everyone win with retarded skills and big hitboxes.

It's a console casual fps. Not comparable to something serious like cs:go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    Game is made to make everyone win
    Yet most people making these complaints seem to lose, like the person you quoted. Soo...? If it is so unskilled, why are all these apparent CS:GO pros like yourself not able to adjust to it? Things that make you go 'hrm...'
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yet most people making these complaints seem to lose, like the person you quoted. Soo...? If it is so unskilled, why are all these apparent CS:GO pros like yourself not able to adjust to it? Things that make you go 'hrm...'
    Cause I can't really make up for 5 retards in my team and grinding 100+ games to get higher is something I won't do.

Same trash as hots where you need games and games to get higher.

If you are good on cs you can carry. If you are good in this trash game you get killed anyway by some stupid no skill ability.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just because the skillset Overwatch requires is different from more straight-forward FPS titles, that doesn't mean it takes no ability to perform well.

I understand that it's not for everyone, but you just make yourself look like a tool by blaming 5 other people and citing that you continually die to no-skill abilities. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are good on cs you can carry. If you are good in this trash game you get killed anyway by some stupid no skill ability.
    Let's see here...

Game requires only one member of a team to perform, so it's a 'better' game than one that requires an entire team to perform.

If you are a pro in this game, you just die all the time because of all the people with no skill.

You have very transparently told us you are really bad at playing this game and I have to take a stab in the dark that you are used to getting carried by someone in CS:GO so you think it is a better game. That's sad.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    Just because the skillset Overwatch requires is different from more straight-forward FPS titles, that doesn't mean it takes no ability to perform well.

I understand that it's not for everyone, but you just make yourself look like a tool by blaming 5 other people and citing that you continually die to no-skill abilities. :P
    I rarely die to abilties like reaper's ulti but there are times when you can't do anything to dodge it. I probably get double gold medals 80% of my games and I'm losing/winning around 55-60% so my individual impact is small even if I'm playing well.

In a real fps if you are good you can carry hard, in this trash game you can't since the game is dumbed down to make everyone feel good. I didn't even meet someone dominating a game yet.

Too many shields, aoe damage with big range (no skill involved like junkrat bombs) and little to no aim required unless you are playing soldier. The rest is all close shit weapons with a circle so big it covers half of the screen.

This is more like arenas in a mmofps, blizzard managed to pour their terrible ideas on a fps and this is what was born.

Let's see here...

Game requires only one member of a team to perform, so it's a 'better' game than one that requires an entire team to perform.

If you are a pro in this game, you just die all the time because of all the people with no skill.

You have very transparently told us you are really bad at playing this game and I have to take a stab in the dark that you are used to getting carried by someone in CS:GO so you think it is a better game. That's sad.
    I think you can't actually read. First, in cs there's a scoreboard with kills and death (unlike the fake one in overwatch) so I know I'm definetly not getting carried.
    Second, I'm not dying all the time, my teammates are dying all the time like retards walking into bastion or going away from reaper's ulti instead of killing him.
    Sadly I can't save my retarded teammates all the time and most of the games I can't carry. I can climb ranks but it's going to be really slow unless I duoqueue, something I'm not going to do.
    Last edited by mmoc6cc9359bff; 2016-07-18 at 06:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you can't actually read.
    I'm very convinced to believe your well thought out and eloquently written feedback when this is how you need to respond.

Counterpoint: I think you can't actually Overwatch.
    BAD WOLF

Still stuck in some kind of Catapult MMR in QP. Win 1 game, lose 12 then repeat. The matches are really uneven level wise too. I was in a game a few nights ago again with over 300 level's difference in the total time played of the two teams. Again, not everyone is terrible who is at a low level in QP, but if you were betting on a Team with your life on the line, which one would you choose?

Granted some of those losses felt like it was because I was using a character I don't normally play, but I was still getting gold's in some of the categories, so I couldn't have been doing completely awful. Not sure about that really. I'm at the point where I feel like if I don't play one of my main, more practiced hero's my team gets stomped, but if I want to play something else I can't practice on them because the match only lasts a few minutes before a loss.

Got whined at in QP a times in the last week too for "Not Playing the Comp" or in other words, not playing what someone else wanted me to play. The whining itself doesn't bother me, but it gets old after a while.

All my friends seem to be off OW already so now I'm just looking for new people to group with, but that's hard to do with the teams I get put on.

Also, this last week has been the revenge of open mic night at the improv. And just open mic for the entire match. And eating with the mic open.... Its not been a good week.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

Deleted
    I'm very convinced to believe your well thought out and eloquently written feedback when this is how you need to respond.

Counterpoint: I think you can't actually Overwatch.
    I'm at rank 56 and I just started to play, I get get to 60+ if I keep playing. The fact is the game is trash, you feel like you can't do shit just like in hots.

Both terrible games with this stupid team mentality which implies retarded combos and press2win abilities (zarya ulti+ whatever).

Trash console game.

7+ Year Old Account
    I rarely die to abilties like reaper's ulti but there are times when you can't do anything to dodge it. I probably get double gold medals 80% of my games and I'm losing/winning around 55-60% so my individual impact is small even if I'm playing well.

In a real fps if you are good you can carry hard, in this trash game you can't since the game is dumbed down to make everyone feel good. I didn't even meet someone dominating a game yet.

Too many shields, aoe damage with big range (no skill involved like junkrat bombs) and little to no aim required unless you are playing soldier. The rest is all close shit weapons with a circle so big it covers half of the screen.

This is more like arenas in a mmofps, blizzard managed to pour their terrible ideas on a fps and this is what was born.
    Uses fairly common stats from competent players to reinforce idea of being good? - Check
    Uses a no true Scotsman fallacy to redefine common terms through semantics? - Check
    Tries to pass off personal dislikes as objective failures? - Check
    Uses blatant hyperbole to try and bolster argument? - Check
    Compares apples to oranges? - Check

It's pretty obvious you don't like the game. Don't me wrong, that's fine. You're certainly not obligated to like it. However, it's painfully clear we can't have an actual conversation about the strengths or weakness of the game if you're just going to irrationally flame it for the design choices Blizzard opted to make.

Still, I hope you have fun in a game that is more suited to your liking.

Cause I can't really make up for 5 retards in my team
    What happens when all 6 people on the team say this?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's funny because people in CS:GO - to use his own example - say the same shit.

I don't understand why people come to one game and complain about qualities that are common to other games. Oh, your think your team sucked and that's why you lost and that's somehow unique to this one game? Really? So why is that the same shit that I hear in every other team based game on the internet?
    Yup, there are all these hidden gems that are being kept down by the pleb masses in every game. Especially in Overwatch, I know I'd be making team killing plays like I do in CS:GO if it weren't for all these pesky Junkrat grenades flying everywhere through the map randomly.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Same old shit, different day. Went in comp because QP queue was so long, 1 curb stomp against basically 3 players who literally never missed a shot (seriously if they were genuinely that good they should have been playing in the 70+ brackets, even their own side called them for cheating since they didn't even need to be there), then 1 good match, 2 poor ones and a curb stomp against a full premade.
    If they're not cheating or smurfing, they probably are legit 70+ players who've purposely come down in rank to easily farm competitive points. There was a post on reddit a few days ago, where a guy was complaining about a group of 3 of very high ranked (75-80) players who were constantly leaving games and going afk/trolling. And everyone was wondering why the hell someone would do this.

Then it was explained that since your end of season reward is based on your highest rank achieved and not the current rank, there's really no reason for you to stay there and fight for wins when you can just drop to the 40s and speed farm competitive points carrying your team with dps heroes.

Yet another flaw with this fluctuating rank system. It doesn't lock you into your actual skill rating.

15+ Year Old Account

You do realize gold medals are only for your team? Plus two people can get gold if your stat is the same while the difference between gold and silver could be 1 kill, and 100 damage. There's lots of ways to whore those stats as well. I can get max damage on Junkrat if the enemy has a Reinhardt by spamming his shield nonstop. Same with Bastion. Pound those shields and come away with 25k damage.

If they allowed you to see the stats of other players it would just add fuel for your trolling when you're doing poorly.

You can carry in this game just fine. But not when you're being matched against with your same skill level.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I'm at rank 56 and I just started to play, I get get to 60+ if I keep playing. The fact is the game is trash, you feel like you can't do shit just like in hots.

Both terrible games with this stupid team mentality which implies retarded combos and press2win abilities (zarya ulti+ whatever).

Trash console game.
    I've said this to so many people... There is a common denominator in all the games you lose.. You.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    If they're not cheating or smurfing, they probably are legit 70+ players who've purposely come down in rank to easily farm competitive points. There was a post on reddit a few days ago, where a guy was complaining about a group of 3 of very high ranked (75-80) players who were constantly leaving games and going afk/trolling. And everyone was wondering why the hell someone would do this.

Then it was explained that since your end of season reward is based on your highest rank achieved and not the current rank, there's really no reason for you to stay there and fight for wins when you can just drop to the 40s and speed farm competitive points carrying your team with dps heroes.

Yet another flaw with this fluctuating rank system. It doesn't lock you into your actual skill rating.
    Why would a game lock you into your skill rating? Your skill is a live metric. Those who consistently perform well will be higher. Those who perform well sometimes will be lower. If those people continuously leave they they'll get banned for the entire season and get no rank. I hope they continue doing it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    I've said this to so many people... There is a common denominator in all the games you lose.. You.
    No shit, I can't win every game. Do you even know what statistics is?

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You do realize gold medals are only for your team? Plus two people can get gold if your stat is the same while the difference between gold and silver could be 1 kill, and 100 damage. There's lots of ways to whore those stats as well. I can get max damage on Junkrat if the enemy has a Reinhardt by spamming his shield nonstop. Same with Bastion. Pound those shields and come away with 25k damage.

If they allowed you to see the stats of other players it would just add fuel for your trolling when you're doing poorly.

You can carry in this game just fine. But not when you're being matched against with your same skill level.

I mainly play soldier/reaper and I'm 1st on kills most of the time. I actually go for the healer and I don't spam shoots.

Honestly, most of the people sucks, the only times I actually think "good play" is when mercy/lucio use their ulti at the right time. Most of the damage dealers in this game are terrible, I mean, sometimes I meet a good tracer/soldier but most of the times they are just terrible.
    Last edited by mmoc6cc9359bff; 2016-07-18 at 09:40 PM.