Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What's happening with HFC gear that's currently WF?

So with the release of the pre-patch on Wednesday (or tomorrow if you're American), the Legion loot system is going to be applied to all HFC loot. This creates an issue in my mind with current WF being +6 and Legion having the system roll for +5 on an item, then rolling again and so on until it fails.

Are they going to reroll all the gear we already have? This could potentially mean we lose ilvls. I could just wait to find out, but I'm kinda impatient, so if anybody knows what they're doing with it, please let me know.

Source:
    "Hellfire Citadel Loot
    Hellfire Citadel loot is now part of the new Legion bonus system. This means that instead of hoping for a Warforged upgrade of +6 ilvls, your Hellfire Citadel item can have a variety of item levels, in increments of +5 ilvls.
    Anything up to +15 over the base ilvl has the "Warforged" description.
    Any loot over +15 of the base ilvl has the "Titanforged" descirption."

From a wowhead article on the prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sintry View Post
    So with the release of the pre-patch on Wednesday (or tomorrow if you're American), the Legion loot system is going to be applied to all HFC loot. This creates an issue in my mind with current WF being +6 and Legion having the system roll for +5 on an item, then rolling again and so on until it fails.

Are they going to reroll all the gear we already have? This could potentially mean we lose ilvls. I could just wait to find out, but I'm kinda impatient, so if anybody knows what they're doing with it, please let me know.

Source:
    "Hellfire Citadel Loot
    Hellfire Citadel loot is now part of the new Legion bonus system. This means that instead of hoping for a Warforged upgrade of +6 ilvls, your Hellfire Citadel item can have a variety of item levels, in increments of +5 ilvls.
    Anything up to +15 over the base ilvl has the "Warforged" description.
    Any loot over +15 of the base ilvl has the "Titanforged" descirption."

From a wowhead article on the prepatch.
    I would expect that this re-roll would ONLY apply to gear that was already WF and only with regards to the magnitude of the WF upgrade. So you would have no chance that non-WF gear would get the increased ilvl. Conversely, the WF would not have a chance of becoming non-WF. So the WF would loose at most 1 ilvl on an item with the potential to gain up to several increments of +5 ilvl.

If it's anything like the current system for mythic dungeon gear, it seems likely that you'll be getting more upgrades than losses on the WF gear.

Seems like a fair trade off to me. Besides, if it's going to affect HFC loot at all, I don't see why it wouldn't be retroactive. Let's face it, people would also complain and probably even more if their WF gear WASN'T given the chance to get more ilvls.
    Last edited by Akainakali; 2016-07-18 at 07:12 PM.

Deleted
    nothing happens to ur gear.

Only new items are affected, not what you already have

Quote Originally Posted by Akainakali View Post
    I would expect that this re-roll would ONLY apply to gear that was already WF and only with regards to the magnitude of the WF upgrade. So you would have no chance that non-WF gear would get the increased ilvl. Conversely, the WF would not have a chance of becoming non-WF. So the WF would loose at most 1 ilvl on an item with the potential to gain up to several increments of +5 ilvl.

If it's anything like the current system for mythic dungeon gear, it seems likely that you'll be getting more upgrades than losses on the WF gear.

Seems like a fair trade off to me. Besides, if it's going to affect HFC loot at all, I don't see why it wouldn't be retroactive. Let's face it, people would also complain and probably even more if their WF gear WASN'T given the chance to get more ilvls.
    ...I copied over multiple toons with various levels of Mythic HFC gear to the PTR and not a single one of them was affected by any of the proposed gear changes. My item level was the same on the PTR as it is on Live and I can guarantee you this change only applies to gear which drops out of HFC from the prepatch onward.

Your current gear stays as it is. Not a single change in ilvl exept the change in items with multistrike.

The changes apply to new drops with a 0,00001% of reaching max 790ilvl titanforge.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your current gear isn't going to magically change.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    i got a 725 cloak( same ilvl as it was before prepatch) from M soc today from bonusroll and it dint say wf or titanforged, so it sseems ilvl base dint change.

15+ Year Old Account
    We had a 735 and 740 bracer drop on assault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    We had a 735 and 740 bracer drop on assault.
    a guildie got a 735weapon from lfr today aswell

Has anyone gotten something from mythic that's higher ilvl than a warforged archi drop pre-7.0.3? Something like a 750 weapon before upgrades or similiar. Curious how high ilvl can scale up to now for HFC gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Has anyone gotten something from mythic that's higher ilvl than a warforged archi drop pre-7.0.3? Something like a 750 weapon before upgrades or similiar. Curious how high ilvl can scale up to now for HFC gear.
    Someone linked me the armory of some dude with a tyrant maul at level 755 (730+15 for 745, then 10 on top for VP), so it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Someone linked me the armory of some dude with a tyrant maul at level 755 (730+15 for 745, then 10 on top for VP), so it is possible.
    That's neat. Wonder if that's how high items go up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Feral in my guild got a 745 polearm from Mannoroth http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Redwolf/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Peachpies View Post
    Feral in my guild got a 745 polearm from Mannoroth http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Redwolf/simple
    In that case I'd guess it caps out at 745. They did say they wanted to / can implement thresholds where it stops being able to upgrade, so 740 or 745 seems logical (as max pre-patch was 741, from archi). With a 735 wep and 730 wep both going to 745, it's obviously not 740 :d.

Just to clarify, is it true that all non-warforged gear from mythic HFC is ilvl 720, regardless of which boss you got the item from, as it says in the adventurer's journal?

Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    Just to clarify, is it true that all non-warforged gear from mythic HFC is ilvl 720, regardless of which boss you got the item from, as it says in the adventurer's journal?
    It is not. The item levels are exactly the same as before the patch - 720 scaling up to 735 (archimonde) levels. Just with the warforged mechanic replaced by titanforged, which lets it roll up to 745 (as far as we can tell) in increments of 5 (so tier can become 740+ rather than "just" 731 now - see our warlocks chest: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%BD/advanced )

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It is not. The item levels are exactly the same as before the patch - 720 scaling up to 735 (archimonde) levels. Just with the warforged mechanic replaced by titanforged, which lets it roll up to 745 (as far as we can tell) in increments of 5 (so tier can become 740+ rather than "just" 731 now - see our warlocks chest: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%BD/advanced )
    Hmm okay thanks. The adventurer's log is a bit misleading then, since it implies that you can potentially get 720 loot off Archimonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    Hmm okay thanks. The adventurer's log is a bit misleading then, since it implies that you can potentially get 720 loot off Archimonde.
    In fairness, it's also entirely correct. It says you can get 720 loot and above (indicated by the +). I'd agree it's a bit unclear, but still, I can see why they thought it'd be fine to half-ass it the way they did, especially concidering it's the only tier they've done this bullshit "increasing ilvl the further you get"-thing with, and they don't seem to be keeping up the trend in legion, so "streamlining" it was sort of important.

Deleted
    Did anyone get a 5man item to go above 720? As far as I know the final Legion system is for almost all current expansion content that rolls warforged to be able to go to the max possible. Of course, starting from only 685, re-rolling each time and reaching 725+ might not be that probable.