Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Putting birdshot in a glorified potato gun doesn't make the potato gun suddenly a deadly weapon. It's ALWAYS been a deadly weapon (even potato-equipped) - it just has a very short range. So is a plastic bb gun.

Most people don't think of "gun" as "pipe with no piping you can put birdshot in and hit things 10ft away with little accuracy!" though. And no, that gun isn't more deadly than a musket was. That you think that is.. strange. And weird.

It has about the same range as someone with a knife or sword. It'd be at a disadvantage to pikes and spears. It'd be at a HEAVY disadvantage to a bowman.

Yes, it is a firearm. Pulling it out and saying "SEE. GUNS R EZ" isn't really that constructive considering what people were talking about, unless you see a lot of bird-shot 10ft-away firearm attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Gun- a weapon incorporating a metal tube from which bullets, shells, or other missiles are propelled by explosive force.

You can make a gun from absolute shit supplies. Now if you're talking about an AK-47, a semi-automatic rifle, then yeah no fucking shit you can't make one from hardware supplies or anything even close to resembling it. However, this is your first time stating it. The conversation was about a "gun" being made. Not a complex semi-automatic weapon. A "gun". Specificity matters. Don't be vague if you don't want misunderstandings.

Furthermore, calling a gun that fires bullets a "potato gun" is laughable at best. While rifling is incredibly important for velocity and accuracy, it's not what makes a gun deadly. A gun is deadly if it's capable of firing without exploding in your hands. The gun linked above that's essentially a pipe and firing pin isn't as deadly as a semi-automatic pistol but I'd wager it's more deadly than most muskets were simply because of the rate of fire you can achieve.

Is anyone deeming it anywhere near as deadly as a semi-automatic rifle? No. Is it deadly and is it more capable of killing than any sharp or blunt weapon you could otherwise use? You better believe it.
    Words have meanings. When you say gun, no person on earth is thinking a fucking potato gun. And shotguns are absolutely a lesser gun that is less restricted than other guns, nearly everywhere in the world.

Sure, you win guy. Whatever. Nobody cares about your potato gun technicality. The conversation, that you joined late, was about making a gun in a fucking 3D printer, which no offense to that poster, might be the dumbest thing I have heard in a while. Then along comes a guy that says all you need is any old metal pipe, and here we are talking to dictionary definition technicality guy. We already acknowledged your technicality, now what do want from us?

I don't know why you're so keen on birdshot. These things can fire buckshot and some of the more well made ones can fire slugs. It's far from a toy potato gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt3N...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Words have meanings. When you say gun, no person on earth is thinking a fucking potato gun. And shotguns are absolutely a lesser gun that is less restricted than other guns, nearly everywhere in the world.

Sure, you win guy. Whatever. Nobody cares about your potato gun technicality. The conversation, that you joined late, was about making a gun in a fucking 3D printer, which no offense to that poster, might be the dumbest thing I have heard in a while. Then along comes a guy that says all you need is any old metal pipe, and here we are talking to dictionary definition technicality guy. We already acknowledged your technicality, now what do want from us?
    Hot damn that got you upset, didn't it? Fact of the matter is that you people seem to think that these things can't be deadly and you're just flat out wrong. The only thing keeping anyone from making their own guns, capable of whatever they intend to do with said guns, is their own willingness to spend the time doing so. But yeah, feel free to keep believing that these are mere "potato guns".
    Last edited by Irefusetodie; 2016-07-18 at 06:40 PM.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

I don't know why you're so keen on birdshot. These things can fire buckshot and some of the more well made ones can fire slugs. It's far from a toy potato gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt3N...ature=youtu.be

Hot damn that got you upset, didn't it? Fact of the matter is that you people seem to think that these things can't be deadly and you're just flat out wrong. The only thing keeping anyone from making their own guns, capable of whatever they intend to do with said guns, is their own willingness to spend the time doing so. But yeah, feel free to keep believing that these are mere "potato guns".
    In the video he is like, oops can't use that. /shrug

I'm not mad, I'm just an asshole.

You just have missed the entire point and are focusing on a bullshit technicality and you have derailed the thread to a point it will probably get locked. But yeah you are right. How many ways can I tell you that your technicality is valid? And stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Hippies were they baby boomers, leftest today are violent cry bullies.
    Please spare us your hypocracy- two days ago you were writing posts how much you felt the "left" were sissies who were to scared to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    In the video he is like, oops can't use that. /shrug

I'm not mad, I'm just an asshole.

You just have missed the entire point and are focusing on a bullshit technicality and you have derailed the thread to a point it will probably get locked. But yeah you are right. How many ways can I tell you that your technicality is valid? And stupid?
    Since you're pretty ignorant, let's go over the major parts of an AR-15.

Barrel.
    Upper receiver.
    Lower reciever.
    The stock.

You can buy any of the parts without needing a background check of any kind except for the lower receiver. The ATF only tracks serial numbers and, guess what, the upper receivers don't have them! This means that you can purchase one without any form of background check if you so choose.
    http://www.primaryarms.com/ar-15-uppers/c/101200/

So, we've established that you can simply buy an upper receiver. We've established, through previous posts, that you can simply make your own barrel (or buy one, if you wanted to!) A stock can be bought anywhere. So that leaves just the lower receiver. Shockingly, that can be 3D printed!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlRN1C8t6n0&t=0s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqvFW71g8gM

So in short, getting an unregistered, unlicensed AR-15 really isn't that hard. I don't own a 3D printer nor am I an expert on them so I can't speak on the longevity or toughness, for lack of a better term, on these 3D printed lower receivers. Magazines and ammunition are just as easy as the rest of the gun to come by. As you said, I "came into this conversation late" but I highly doubt anyone was implying that you can 3D print an entire gun. If they were, they're wrong. But then so are you.

Oh, and while we're at it, this is perfectly legal. You're allowed to make your own firearms.
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/what...r-own-firearms

Hope that was on-topic enough for you and I wasn't "derailing xD" the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Well clearly they'll just get the guns illegally, just as the Republicans claim is apparently so easy to do.

- - - Updated - - -

If he/she's from Candada, I' believe they're referring to imagining their country spending that kind of money on a "necessity" like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the point is that if it has gotten to this "climate" - that there's clearly something very wrong.

Stop digging the hole, and all that...
    Yea, its called Obama fanning the racial tension flames since the day he set foot into the office. Meanwhile in his 8 years of administration the black families in the United States are in worse shape economically than when he took office.

But nah I'm just kidding, Obama is the best president ever! Woohoo!

Since you're pretty ignorant, let's go over the major parts of an AR-15.

Barrel.
    Upper receiver.
    Lower reciever.
    The stock.

You can buy any of the parts without needing a background check of any kind except for the lower receiver. The ATF only tracks serial numbers and, guess what, the upper receivers don't have them! This means that you can purchase one without any form of background check if you so choose.
    http://www.primaryarms.com/ar-15-uppers/c/101200/

So, we've established that you can simply buy an upper receiver. We've established, through previous posts, that you can simply make your own barrel (or buy one, if you wanted to!) A stock can be bought anywhere. So that leaves just the lower receiver. Shockingly, that can be 3D printed!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlRN1C8t6n0&t=0s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqvFW71g8gM

So in short, getting an unregistered, unlicensed AR-15 really isn't that hard. I don't own a 3D printer nor am I an expert on them so I can't speak on the longevity or toughness, for lack of a better term, on these 3D printed lower receivers. Magazines and ammunition are just as easy as the rest of the gun to come by. As you said, I "came into this conversation late" but I highly doubt anyone was implying that you can 3D print an entire gun. If they were, they're wrong. But then so are you.

Oh, and while we're at it, this is perfectly legal. You're allowed to make your own firearms.
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/what...r-own-firearms

Hope that was on-topic enough for you and I wasn't "derailing xD" the thread.
    You don't need to print them, you buy can buy whats called an 80% finished lower receiver. Its basically a lower receiver milled to prior to the point that the ATF determines its a firearm. You can buy a jig and drill bit set to go with it and instructions how to finish it.

You do not need a manufacturers FFL or serialize it as long as its for personal use only and not resale.

Example:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Because magic and fairy dust?

Really? Then why isn't every city in the nation given the same 50 million for similar use? Because.....they'll never need it?
    Bet the 8 cops that were killed in the last month wish they had Riot Gear / Kevlar body suits on when citizens took aim at them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Yea, its called Obama fanning the racial tension flames since the day he set foot into the office.
    Yes, it's Obama's fault for not being white. If only he had stopped insisting on not being white, the racists wouldn't have had to be racist.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    You don't need to print them, you buy can buy whats called an 80% finished lower receiver. Its basically a lower receiver milled to prior to the point that the ATF determines its a firearm. You can buy a jig and drill bit set to go with it and instructions how to finish it.

You do not need a manufacturers FFL or serialize it as long as its for personal use only and not resale.
    Yep, I know. But that guy was pretty upset about me derailing an already derailed thread by posting about a "potato gun" so I figured we'd stick to the 3D printed gun argument. Ironically enough, the ATF only recognizes the lower as the gun and that's a part that can be 3D printed. Meaning, by the ATF's definition, you can in fact 3D print a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Bet the 8 cops that were killed in the last month wish they had Riot Gear / Kevlar body suits on when citizens took aim at them.
    I bet they wish more that idiotic civilians who would shoot at them weren't freely sold weapons to do exactly that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I bet they wish more that idiotic civilians who would shoot at them weren't freely sold weapons to do exactly that.
    Gun control does nothing. The only way to stop gun violence is a complete and total gun ban along with the collection/destruction of all available guns already in the US. But sure. Someone willing to kill multiple people would totally not illegally buy his gun.

Gun control does nothing. The only way to stop gun violence is a complete and total gun ban along with the collection/destruction of all available guns already in the US. But sure. Someone willing to kill multiple people would totally not illegally buy his gun.
    Facts say otherwise. For those, just look outside the gunland.

And yet, if fifty million dollars were spent protecting the Democratic National Convention, everyone here who is acting outraged would be perfectly fine with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Yes, it's Obama's fault for not being white. If only he had stopped insisting on not being white, the racists wouldn't have had to be racist.
    Or if he waited for facts in cases and didn't immediately blame the police, cuz HE DINDU NUFFIN! HE A GUD BOI! HE WAS GETTIN HIS LIEF ON TRAK!

Only time our Police Hater in Chief waits for facts is when the cops are killed.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet they wish their elected President didnt continue to stoke the fire, and for him to actually wait for facts to show up in a case before immediately shaming all cops.

But lets all remember together: hands up, dont shoot. Pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon.

But yeah, okay liberals, we get it. White people are scourge of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Facts say otherwise. For those, just look outside the gunland.
    And what do you do with the 300+ million firearms already in circulation?
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Please spare us your hypocracy- two days ago you were writing posts how much you felt the "left" were sissies who were to scared to fight.
    Where did I say that and in what context? You're not a very credible source

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    And what do you do with the 300+ million firearms already in circulation?
    What do you generally do with illegal weapons? Smash them. Who says you need to sell them back into circulation? Buy them off and smash them.

And there, before you know it, the amount is reduced by alot, when people who don't need them, won't get them for "I feelz liek want gun" excuse.

What do you generally do with illegal weapons? Smash them. Who says you need to sell them back into circulation? Buy them off and smash them.

And there, before you know it, the amount is reduced by alot, when people who don't need them, won't get them for "I feelz liek want gun" excuse.
    While I agree that the only way of getting rid of the gun problem in the US is by banning/collecting/destroying most guns, which we could then and only then implement true gun control laws that would work, I fail to see how it's an "excuse" to want a firearm when any and every bad guy has one. God forbid you want an equal setting in a scenario where you and your loved ones lives are at stake.