Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Legion UI Changes

Wardrobe and Transmogrification
    Legion adds the Wardrobe system, allowing you to collect appearances without holding on to the items!

• Void Storage still exists and is unchanged.
    • You need to visit a Transmogrification NPC to hide your cloak, helm, or shoulders now.
    • A new tab has been added to the collections pane, allowing you to browse all of the appearances wherever you are in game.
    • You can filter by collected and uncollected appearances, as well as weapon types and appearance sources.
    • You can save sets and apply them to all specs or just a specific spec, causing your transmog to change with your spec.

Interface Options
    Many of the interface options were removed from the UI in Legion. You can use the AdvancedInterfaceOptions addon to access them now.

Character Pane
    The stats in the character pane were greatly simplified in Leigon.

Combat
    Nameplates, unit frames, and other parts of the combat UI got an upgrade.

• Nameplates were redesigned to have a more compact default look, with the option to make them larger.
    • Nameplates show the duration or presence or different effects you would normally see on the enemy unit frame.
    • A new personal resource display that shows your health, power, and additional resources displays under your character while in combat.
    • The targeting circle now has a pointer on it to indicate which direction the NPC is facing.
    • Floating combat text and target area selection circles are now sharper.
    • NPCs that give credit for a quest you are on have an orange glow under them.
    • Health and Power bars now have a little animation that fades out the gain or loss that is happening.

PvP
    The PvP UI has been updated with Honor talents and reward changes.

• Honor Talents have been added to the talents pane. These unlock as your Honor Level increases.
    • Your honor level is displayed in multiple places in the PvP UI.

Maps
    There were lots of updates to the flight path map and a few to the minimap.

• The flight path map for the Broken Isles is larger, allowing you to zoom in to individual zones and pan around the map.
    • World quests are shown on the Broken Isles flight path map.
    • Undiscovered flight paths are shown on the map.
    • The minimap now displays if something is above or below you, as well as greying out things that are not outside, such as NPCs in a building or cave.
    • The world map highlights cave entrances for quests.

Professions
    The professions UI got some upgrades to make it easier to use.

• The professions pane is now split, with a recipe list on the left and the description and materials on the right.
    • The window shows the current rank you have unlocked for a recipe, with higher ranks making crafting cheaper or gathering more rewarding.
    • The learned and unlearned items are now shown using two different tabs.
    • Unlearned recipes provide some information about where to learn them and the cost.
    • New categories have been added.
    • You can now filter recipes by source.
    • Mass Prospecting has been added for Legion materials: Mass Prospect Leystone

Graphics Settings
    The Graphic Settings have been updated for Legion:

• The overall graphics quality is now a number from 1 to 10.
    • View distance has been increased and now has a slider that goes from 1 to 10,
    • A new maximum setting for shadows has been added: Ultra High
    • A Physics Interaction setting has been added.

Action Camera
    The Action Camera is an unsupported experiment that the developers added that makes camera movement more dynamic.

• Any of these commands can be placed after /console actioncam
      • Default - Default settings
      • full, basic, off, on - Preset settings for each state
      • noHeadMove, lowHeadMove, heavyHeadMove - Change camera head movement
      • focusOn, focusOff - Causes the camera to shift to maintain a focus on your target
    • Be sure to check out the DynamicCam addon when it is released.

Camera Zoom Distance
    The maximum camera zoom distance was reduced in Legion.

Misc
    There were lots of other little changes and improvements:

• The Adventure Journal now has loot information for all of the raids in the game.
    • Heirloom items now use a bright blue quality color (Gronntooth War Horn).
    • Pets and Mounts from the shop have a little unwrapping animation before you can use them.
    • Achievements are now searchable with the new search box.
    • Bosses now have a large glow when there is loot on them for you.
    • The glyph pane is gone. You can apply glyphs directly to spells in the spellbook.
    • Talking heads appear during quests to go along with the voice acting.
    • You can now ignore quests.
    • You can click on a talent to learn it. The extra step to confirm has been removed.
    Last edited by chaud; 2016-07-18 at 07:53 PM.

You need to visit a Transmogrification NPC to hide your cloak, helm, or shoulders now.

And there it is, the only stupid idea still stubbornly remaining in the new Transmog system.

Edit: never mind, I can't read.

I really don't like the fact that you will now get the item's skin despite ability to sell it.. That will greatly devalue the skins as any rare item can now be passed on an infinite amount of times. But I guess that's the direction WoW been heading in for a while - cool stuff for everybody.
    Last edited by Cronnix; 2016-07-19 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    I really don't like the fact that you will now get the item's skin despite ability to sell it.. That will greatly devalue the skins as any rare item can now be passed on an infinite amount of times. But I guess that's the direction WoW been heading in for a while - cool stuff for everybody.
    And why should that be a bad thing?
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Deleted
    The skin only unlocks when the "trade" timer expires. AFAIK any way.

WHY O WHY can they never allow us to search by name on items?! It's frustrating.

You only unlock a skin when you equip a BoE item, and if it's a raid drop then you lose the skin if you trade it to someone else or sell it before the 2 hour timer is out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    You need to visit a Transmogrification NPC to hide your cloak, helm, or shoulders now.

And there it is, the only stupid idea still stubbornly remaining in the new Transmog system.
    Must be some technical limitation that forced Blizzards hand. I doubt that they did that because they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    The skin only unlocks when the "trade" timer expires. AFAIK any way.
    This is correct - an appearance is only unlocked once it is soulbound to that character. Appearances for items that still have a trade timer (example: gear acquired in a raid or dungeon) or sell back timer (example: gear acquired at the PvP vendor) will not be unlocked until the timer has expired.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woonieq View Post
    WHY O WHY can they never allow us to search by name on items?! It's frustrating.
    Search by name where? You can do that in Legion.

Yeh, I agree this is dumb. I often swapped between hat/no hat through out a raid. It was fun for me.

I mean, why do I have to go see some space mummy to get permission to take off or put on my hat?

They need to put this option into the UI somehow.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

No - transmog the slot, not the item. Transmogging the item is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by g0urra View Post
    Search by name where? You can do that in Legion.
    You can't search by name in the appearances tab.

There is a reason they did the transmog at the vendor only thing. It isn't simplicity for casuals. It isn't a Limitation.

I am almost 100% sure its a gold deflation method.

+1 to that.

I also don't understand why runspeed isn't on the simplified stat screen either.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

Yes you can. Check the top right of the tab. It has a search box.

patch note regarding respec cost is incorrect, check their prepatch preview video - https://youtu.be/z2kEN18ApF8?t=80

"You can save sets and apply them to all specs or just a specific spec, causing your transmog to change with your spec."

How i can do it?? Search for it since PTR start :x

Yes you can. Stop shitposting.

Items have to be soul bound to get the skin. They also have to burn the 2 hour trade timer to keep the skin.