Deleted
    Are people whining just because you have to die to do max damage? As long as you can do top tier competitive DPS there should really be no reason.
    With that said the other talents on that tier should also be able to do very similar or higher DPS depending on other talent choices and encounter type.

By the way does StM just flat out kill you and ignore things like Guardian Spirit?

It does, first thing I tried was having a holy priest GS me after a fight during dispersion... still died.
    Only other competitive talent is LotV. Mind spike is literally figurative cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    By the way does StM just flat out kill you and ignore things like Guardian Spirit?
    Yes, and you're not battleres-able obviously.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryeshot View Post
    It does, first thing I tried was having a holy priest GS me after a fight during dispersion... still died.
    Only other competitive talent is LotV. Mind spike is literally figurative cancer.
    They really need to work on balancing the other talents in that case too. Talent choices should come down to playstyle preference mainly.

The amount of complaining is absurd. The Legion playstyle and changes are so appealing to me, and I will definitely have more fun than on any other spec/expansion ever.

I hate StM too, and I'd make a few changes, but overall I'm so happy with how shadow turned out. The low skill cap of WoD sp has been pretty boring and I'm excited that it's back to being challenging. I don't mind doing more for the same damage output as other classes. That way we're not "just another mage/hunter" when we top the meters.

Really hyped for Legion.

Refresh to read above post
    Can't be combat-ressed after dying to StM. Normal resses still work after combat, tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    They really need to work on balancing the other talents in that case too. Talent choices should come down to playstyle preference mainly.
    Mind spike should just disappear. I don't see how they can change either LotV or StM, since they are so good and well-defined talents. Maybe legacy gives 1 IPS or something? If they nerf StM it will be unusable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reynos View Post
    After reading a bunch of negativity this is a refreshing comment to see.
    Honestly I'd put more value in what Isentropy has to say, most of their posts are well thought out and talk about the negative along with the positives.

L33t on the other hand seems to do nothing but whine how bad the spec apparently is, granted some issues are valid such as ability in Mythic Dungeons but most other stuff seems to be over exaggerated negativity.

If Shadow got a button that 1 shot any boss L33t seems the kinda person who would moan cos we actually have to press the button.

Deleted
    Refresh to read above post
    Can't be combat-ressed after dying to StM. Normal resses still work after combat, tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Mind spike should just disappear. I don't see how they can change either LotV or StM, since they are so good and well-defined talents. Maybe legacy gives 1 IPS or something? If they nerf StM it will be unusable.
    I guess they should have offered something closer to the old school playstyle instead of Mind Spike then. I have not been playing Shadow Priest since TBC but I'm considering it (or Disc) for Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo WoW View Post
    I do have to laugh a little at the things I'm reading.
    "Shadow priest is shit, does no damage compared to mages lol"
    "StM is the worst thing I've ever seen LUL, playstyle is SHIT"
    "SHADOW PRIEST IS SHIT LAWL WHO ELSE HATES THIS PLAYSTYLE? LIKE IF YOU AGREE!"

I bet 99% of the people posting that have:

-Not played on Beta to see how insane Shadow Priest DPS is
    -Not looked at any logs to see how insane Shadow Priest DPS is
    -Not even played Spriest on live, to compare it to Legion and see how insane Shadow Priest DPS is
    -have an Arcane Mage that they regularly play, but will begin flaming the Mage Forums once Legion launches because Arcane isn't the best spec anymore

Seriously you guys. Some people here put no thought-process into the things they write, and just type something for the heck of it.
    If you have no constructive feedback to give concerning the Shadow Priest, than I believe this thread is not for you, and you should save the rest of us time by just not posting it's easily ignorable if it's just 1 person talking redundant crap, but when people begin reading that and AGREEING (even though there is 0 evidence for their claims), then I begin to question your state of mind, respectfully.
    I guess they also never played Shadow during MoP too. You had to be pretty damn good and geared to get invites to SoO. I'm personally excited at how viable Shadow is and i feel like StM will be really clutch in some encounters.

Deleted

-Not looked at any logs to see how insane Shadow Priest DPS is
    -Not even played Spriest on live, to compare it to Legion and see how insane Shadow Priest DPS is
    -have an Arcane Mage that they regularly play, but will begin flaming the Mage Forums once Legion launches because Arcane isn't the best spec anymore
    I asked for logs... you have some links? Thanks.

Disc is super fun, but it requires a brain to heal as it. Check out Total's guide on the front page of priest forum. It is very well written, and although I disagree with a few small things, it is a perfect guide for anyone curious about how new disc works.

...now we just need our guide for shadow *stares intently at Djriff*

They can just make StM 5 min CD, make it 100-150% increase instead of 200% and you don't generate insanity for the next 30 sec or so afterwards. It would be a nice way to counter the punishment of playing a ramp up spec when you pop hero on pull, as well as being able to pop it during execute on a lot of encounters.

Obviously pulling numbers out of my ass, but I'm sure the design could be balanced to be useful and more fun than it currently is.

15+ Year Old Account

We won't go live blowing everyone else out of the water, it's fair to assume we will be nerfed into competitiveness (at the least), at which point the cost/benefit of StM is going to seem not worth it for many.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I personally do not think StM needs to be changed. Nor do I *expect* it to get nerfed hard being used single target, considering we start Legion with higher secondary stats than previous ones, and we gain less over it. Crit and haste are the only stats that affect our StM duration, and small changes to them will not affect StM. This is assuming that we are where the devs want us - with 120 or so stacks then we start to inevitably die.

I also believe the mechanic of StM is the smartest design it could have been. It forces the player to make incredibly quick decisions in order to stay alive. A truly ingenious incentive, if you ask me.
    Last edited by Ryeshot; 2016-07-18 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    I asked for logs... you have some links? Thanks.
    Have you made an effort to look? I believe there were a bunch posted last week. Happy hunting.

In pre-raid gear on the beta it's already quite easy for me to get 140 - 145 stacks. I imagine that with more optimization and more gear, getting close to the magical 180 stacks dream will be quite manageable. Especially if you add in the possibility of being able to dot targets for AS procs as well (this is one of the reasons why StM is busted for Xavius). Blizzard could be underestimating just how well people are going to optimize this talent.

I think the one universal constant is that, when it comes to Shadow Priests, Blizzard dedicated as little brainpower to the equation as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Isentropy View Post
    In pre-raid gear on the beta it's already quite easy for me to get 140 - 145 stacks. I imagine that with more optimization and more gear, getting close to the magical 180 stacks dream will be quite manageable. Especially if you add in the possibility of being able to dot targets for AS procs as well (this is one of the reasons why StM is busted for Xavius). Blizzard could be underestimating just how well people are going to optimize this talent.
    Just to be clear, when you say stacks, you mean VF duration while the stacks are still blocked at 100 or did they increase the cap ?

Been awhile since I've been on the beta.

Homophobia is so gay.

...now we just need our guide for shadow *stares intently at Djriff*
    ....yes?

I'm working on it, just putting some stuff together in prep for tomorrows patch.

Deleted
    Sweet guide thanks for the link.