Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Unholy] HFC Talents for Pre-Patch

Hello,

I'll be changing class for Legion so I've not kept myself hugely up to date on what exactly will be best for the DK in the pre-patch, however my shaman won't be geared enough to do the full 13/13 Mythic clear we do now so I was wondering what the best talents are going to be for HFC in the pre-patch? From what I've seen a heavy mastery build seems to be the best which I've started to get together but I can't seem to see anything that says what's going to be best for talents (i may just have not looked hard enough so sorry if that's the case!)

Thanks in advance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foisil View Post
    Hello,

I'll be changing class for Legion so I've not kept myself hugely up to date on what exactly will be best for the DK in the pre-patch, however my shaman won't be geared enough to do the full 13/13 Mythic clear we do now so I was wondering what the best talents are going to be for HFC in the pre-patch? From what I've seen a heavy mastery build seems to be the best which I've started to get together but I can't seem to see anything that says what's going to be best for talents (i may just have not looked hard enough so sorry if that's the case!)

Thanks in advance!
    just take a peek at the other 5 threads asking the same on the first page here
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Not sure that there's an agreed 'best' yet because the numbers are still moving around but unless somethings changed in the last week or from what I saw on PTR I'll be running with these (swapping a couple things around on super heavy aoe fights) as my default on patch day:
    All Will Serve
    Epidemic
    Clawing Shadows
    Sludge Belcher
    Spell Eater
    Necrosis
    Dark Arbiter

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholder View Post
    Not sure that there's an agreed 'best' yet because the numbers are still moving around but unless somethings changed in the last week or from what I saw on PTR I'll be running with these (swapping a couple things around on super heavy aoe fights) as my default on patch day:
    All Will Serve
    Epidemic
    Clawing Shadows
    Sludge Belcher
    Spell Eater
    Necrosis
    Dark Arbiter
    other then the archie boots and tier gloves im trying to think of what else is around that has Haste for a better Dark Arbiter. Maybe the M mace off Tyrant?
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    other then the archie boots and tier gloves im trying to think of what else is around that has Haste for a better Dark Arbiter. Maybe the M mace off Tyrant?
    Maul of tyranny will be our bis come prepatch. I'm guessing we gonna be running haste gems/enchants as well? A lot of people on this board are saying that the high mastery build doesn't play very smoothly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Maul of tyranny will be our bis come prepatch.
    I'm guessing we gonna be running haste gems/enchants as well? A lot of people on this board are saying that the high mastery build doesn't play very smoothly
    if you have a few gem slots prolly will want to enchant mastery still, if you really got loads of sockets use axe from felord or CE from archi over maul of tyranny. personaly il prolly be running with CE if i can get it to drop since im my exp i felt like i dint need to much haste to get really large DA.

Deleted
    After recent buffs to festering wounds basic talent tree changed littlebit.

Right now basic single target talent tree looks like:
    Bursting Sores
    Pestilent Pustules
    Clawing Shadows
    Sludge Belcher
    Corpse Shield if there is heavy dmg mechanic or Spell Eater if there is heavy magic dmg or Lingering Apparition if it is heavy movement fight
    Shadow infusion or Infected Claws but only on heavy movement fights
    Dark Arbiter

For AoE you change Pestilent Pustules to Epidemic and probably Dark Arbiter to Defile.

It is how its like for beta, big game changer right now is Apocalypse spell from artifact which deals HUGE damage. You hit for like 200k non-crit + about 60k per festering wound.
    I think that later in gear progression we might change Shadow Infusion for Necrosis cause of mastery buff and artifact trait Scourge of Worlds which increase SS/Clawing Shadows damage by 30% for 6 seconds. But gameplay with Necrosis talent is so clunky I hope we will never have to play with that

I feel like I would choose the following for HFC content:
    -bursting sores
    -epidemic
    -unholy frenzy
    -sludge belcher
    -spell eater
    -dark transformation
    -defile or dark arbiter

This is a neutral friendly (AOE/ST) build, epidemic already takes the cake for AOE fights. Soul reaper is a clunky talent because you have to find the perfect opportunity to pop 3 wounds. Dark arbiter is really solid because it will allow unholy to feel bursty and finally beat those arcane mages.

Dark transformation is the go-to talent if you have the 4th set, otherwise infected claws and necrosis are neck n' neck. I pick unholy frenzy because it's strong for ST fights, and I personally like having auto-attacks being relevant. Castigator is a nice talent, but I suck at RNG and it relies on crit heavily.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2016-07-17 at 10:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I feel like I would choose the following for HFC content:
    -bursting sores
    -epidemic
    -unholy frenzy
    -sludge belcher
    -spell eater
    -dark transformation
    -defile or dark arbiter

This is a neutral friendly (AOE/ST) build, epidemic already takes the cake for AOE fights. Soul reaper is a clunky talent because you have to find the perfect opportunity to pop 3 wounds. Dark arbiter is really solid because it will allow unholy to feel bursty and finally beat those arcane mages.

Dark transformation is the go-to talent if you have the 4th set, otherwise infected claws and necrosis are neck n' neck. I pick unholy frenzy because it's strong for ST fights, and I personally like having auto-attacks being relevant. Castigator is a nice talent, but I suck at RNG and it relies on crit heavily.
    Unholy Frenzy? lol'd

Deleted
    clawing shadows all day

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Unholy Frenzy? lol'd
    I liked Unholy Frenzy on the beta when I tried it

still there is like no haste gear in HFC and 90% of the fights are add fights. Spec to accommodate this. Try on the PTR today and be ready for tomorrow!
    Filthy Casual

Does Unholy Frenzy do anything other than increasing Auto attack speed and more Sudden Dooms? I saw someone post a report on the PTR forum that Unholy Frenzy was somehow making Virulent Plague tick harder and increasing DPS a lot. Is that true?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    clawing shadows all day
    correct me if Im wrong but Clawing Shadows is boosted by Mastery right?? So using Anzu's trinket would make it hit like a truck at range?
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Does Unholy Frenzy do anything other than increasing Auto attack speed and more Sudden Dooms? I saw someone post a report on the PTR forum that Unholy Frenzy was somehow making Virulent Plague tick harder and increasing DPS a lot. Is that true?
    It actually doesn't give more sudden dooms, SD functions as RPPM (real procs per min.) which isn't changed by ATKSPD.

Unholy frenzy is existent only for the sole purpose of boosting your AA damage, which is what I personally want, every1 has their own preferences on what playstyle they want (hence the reason for talents).

correct me if Im wrong but Clawing Shadows is boosted by Mastery right?? So using Anzu's trinket would make it hit like a truck at range?
    It does, but I don't see a reason why you would use a tanking trinket as an unholy dk :P
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2016-07-18 at 08:31 PM.

Deleted

It does, but I don't see a reason why you would use a tanking trinket as an unholy dk :P
    Versa with mastery proc. Should be okish

Deleted
    Bursting Sores Castigator combo with sludge belcher and...hmm dunno but I like castigator

34% crit atm in beta and liking it with bursting sores a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Versa with mastery proc. Should be okish
    Somehow Anzu translated to Iskar for me, sry for the confusion.

Mastery is a solid stat, just simply boring.

EDIT: Just realized bonus armor is being removed and replaced with expertise.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2016-07-18 at 11:08 PM.

I liked Unholy Frenzy on the beta when I tried it

still there is like no haste gear in HFC and 90% of the fights are add fights. Spec to accommodate this. Try on the PTR today and be ready for tomorrow!
    Multistrike becomes haste with the patch so there's plenty of haste around.

Deleted

EDIT: Just realized bonus armor is being removed and replaced with expertise.
    This made me giggle