Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's a gear appearance option - it goes in the shiny new gear appearance ui. As opposed to a sub-sub-sub menu that most players probably didn't even know was there. This is very much a step forward from a UX perspective.

If you really just want to show and hide your helm twelve times a day for rp purposes, you could, I dunno, take it off? I'd wager the number of people who actually do that is minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Not hard to reason out, the continue the trend of the menu clutter and fits naturally with the mogg ravamp
    Yeah it makes sense being there. Okay I got my transmog all set up except for hiding my helm now I have to exit out the transmog menu, press esc, open the interface menu, now I can hide my helm.

You would tell me to get off my high yak ... but I just can't help but laugh at you!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    If only you had a magic STONE that transported you to a private HEARTH in a base, or a fortress, or a GARRISON where you had a private transmog vendor easily at your disposal in a rank three bank.
    Why would I do that when I could just hearth to dalaran? It should be in the enchanting shop.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The main problem I see with this is that you'll be running a dungeon, get a helm upgrade, and then be forced to wear a potentially fugly helm until the dungeon is over.

Perhaps instead of the petty kneejerk bashing of blizzard, why not consider the reason.
    What blizzard obviously believe is that players won't be repeatedly toggling the visibility of those slots regularly for a given outfit.
    The way it works is that you associate an outfit with a spec, and then when you change spec the outfit that comes with be applied alongwith the visibility of those slots.

Do people actually regularly toggle those on and off in the same outfit ?
    If that is the case, present that argument to blizzard instead of the same tantrum.

This is not some new unannounced feature, but one that has been there since the wardrobe first appeared on the alpha or beta.
    The same whines were had then, but nobody actually tried to present a good argument in why it was bad.
    And just the same now.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-18 at 08:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    The main problem I see with this is that you'll be running a dungeon, get a helm upgrade, and then be forced to wear a potentially fugly helm until the dungeon is over.
    Then....don't wear the helmet until after the dungeon is over?

If the dungeon is being cleared just fine, then the helmet can wait.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Then....don't wear the helmet until after the dungeon is over?

If the dungeon is being cleared just fine, then the helmet can wait.
    It wouldn't be a problem though if they kept the option in the menu, I think that is what people are concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Some people are going to comment like "Omg, people are always complaining!" - But give me a honest answer - Why Blizzard is doing a step back with these changes?

It's regression, giving us a nice things and then taking them away(and I don't mean unbalanced classes).
    Look, I get why it's on the transmog npc, I really do. But it's one of those "we've been able to do this forever, why is this changing?" type of changes.

- - - Updated - - -

That seems like the most innocuous not-problem in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Look, I get why it's on the transmog npc, I really do. But it's one of those "we've been able to do this forever, why is this changing?" type of changes.

- - - Updated - - -

It's changing because they completely overhauled the system and as part of that they moved the option. It's not like they just moved the option without changing anything else. It makes sense to choose NO appearance in the same screen as choosing an alternate appearance, rather than having to go into a separate menu.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    ^ And this is why sometimes I hate this forum. You give Blizzard a constructive criticism and all some users can respond is "omg stop whining".
    This is fucking ridiculous.
    Its obviously whining if your posting it here, rather than the blizzard forums where they will most likely read it, possibly respond to it, etc. Seriously, posting it here is going to do jack shit for you and the issue your presenting, go to the blizzard forums if your serious about it.

Im not sure about a gold sink, but we have known about this for a long time. I dont really like it because I cant hide ugly ass shoulders if I get them and cant transmog them right then and there. Not spending money on the yak either. Still, Im alright with it. Im sure we can survive.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-18 at 09:15 PM.

I don't understand people defending Blizzard on this. The ability to hide your helm and cloak was added to the UI in December of 2004, a month after release. There is no justifiable reason for this change. We have had the ability to do this on demand for literally all but one month of WoW's existence.

I'm sick of people responding to these threads that they're just people complaining. Add something to the discussion or don't post.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It's a change that will bother some people, and if the option was kept in the menu that scenario wouldn't exist. I can at least understand why it will inconvenience people.

I guess what it comes down to me is why the xmog wardrobe even needs to be tied to an NPC in the first place. There's a disparity between the option to turn off helmet and cloak being available anytime, anywhere, and the rest of the xmog options being a gold payment locked to an NPC. Blizzard decided they wanted to add the ability to turn off shoulders as well, but instead of simply adding a checkbox next to the existing options for cloak and helm they took ALL of it and threw it into the NPC, forcing players to lose an option they're accustomed to.

I get that it makes sense to have all the appearance options in one place. But I don't see why we need to have it tied to an NPC which potentially interrupts the flow of whatever else you happen to be doing when you get a drop with a new appearance. Interrupting whatever I'm doing in order to travel to an NPC just to toggle something on or off just seems needlessly tedious, especially when we've had the toggle at our fingertips for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how this is anything other than a minor inconvenience at worst. Are there really people (outside of RP situations) who flick their helms on and off in rapid succession?

I consider myself a Tmog perfectionist and even I'm not that obsessive about my helm. I either find one that fits and leave it on, or don't find one and turn it off. And since we'll still have to go to the Tmog vendors anyways to change, I fail to see the issue.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    It's changing because they completely overhauled the system and as part of that they moved the option. It's not like they just moved the option without changing anything else. It makes sense to choose NO appearance in the same screen as choosing an alternate appearance, rather than having to go into a separate menu.
    It makes sense to keep both.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

For the thread, I don't really like the change, but I don't see the big deal. Change your crap in the TMog station. And if you are an RPer that RPs taking their helmet off ... I don't know ... maybe take your helmet off. Isn't that more "immersive" anyways?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Not hard to reason out, the continue the trend of the menu clutter and fits naturally with the mogg ravamp
    No one asked for this to be honest.

They are the only one that wanted the menus to be reduced.

INB4 anyone says "No people wanted that before blizzard said it" bullshit, I've never once seen a thread about it, but I've seen hundreds since the shitty changes have been put in.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-07-18 at 09:21 PM.

Maybe because it makes more sense to visit an NPC that deals with the visual elements of your armour, rather than a menu option?

It just adds a minor inconvenience, rather pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Anamnesor View Post
    What absolute crap. If you want the "real" reason, then you are on the wrong fucking forum. Blizzard doesn't come here to post replies to you. Go to their forum if you want "real" answers. In any case, how hard is it to understand that an appearance option is tied to transmog?
    Or you know someone knows where the real answer is and posts it, as opposed to some keyboard warrior doing /flex and /smacktalk.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't be a problem though if they kept the option in the menu, I think that is what people are concerned about.
    Of course it wouldn't be a problem but I don't see why people are making it a problem in the first place. How is this any different from getting a non-hideable piece such as a chest or gloves and being unable to transmog it until you have access to a vendor? It isn't. You just have three more items (pretty much two since you haven't been able to hide your shoulders until now) to worry about not matching a piece of gear.

As for the argument of being forced to wear an "ugly helmet" until the dungeon is over, is that really a valid argument? I'm willing to bet that throughout more than half the dungeon you aren't even looking at your new ugly piece, let alone your character's appearance.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2016-07-18 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting