Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    God dammit Blizz. /facepalm

Really? REALLY?! Why? What possible reason could there be to tie players to an NPC to do this?
    Seriously, get a life if this is worth crying in your head. Or grind money for the big yak which pretty much everyone else already has. Or, you know, keep crying. I can always laugh some more.

A very minuscule inconvenience but not a reason to rant or act with this response. Like really?
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

This thread breaks through so many metas its incredible.
    They don't have to give a reason why they changed it. I like it. I hope it stays, I actually hope they take out more options and change things up. This game is becoming stale after 10+ years.

It's time to throw some new life into it by switching it up. Even when it comes from the smallest of changes like how you modify your armor, no longer an option by clicking a checkbox but by actually interacting inside the game with the service that modifies your armor. Doesn't take much to understand the change if you think about it.

But this won't satisfy any ragefaces because they'd rather this game be a slot machine that hands out everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It makes sense to keep both.
    This. It makes sense to include an option in the Transmog window because it's the place where people modify their appearance.

They should also keep the option in the interface menu because people have been using it for 12 years and there's no benefit to making players travel just to hide their cloak.

Is it a minor thing? Sure, but it's a minor thing that could've been a net positive change instead of an annoyance to veterans and a positive to new players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dont be stingy, go buy the Yak
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    It's a gear appearance option - it goes in the shiny new gear appearance ui. As opposed to a sub-sub-sub menu that most players probably didn't even know was there. This is very much a step forward from a UX perspective.

If you really just want to show and hide your helm twelve times a day for rp purposes, you could, I dunno, take it off? I'd wager the number of people who actually do that is minimal.
    And it is a step back for anyone who knew how to open the interface options and read.

You know what I find really amusing? There is an addon for advanced interface options, because Blizz took so fucking many of the options out. Same for Character pane, there is an addon to fix some of the shit they did to it with Legion.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2016-07-18 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

It makes sense to keep both.
    Not really. Tbh the interface tab of the menu was a bit of a weird place for it, and the way it works now is that instead of an on/off switch you're selecting a null appearance. So the two options would be kind of incompatible.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    I dont see the problem you are changing your appearance by hiding slots equals transmog so what if you have to pay a few gold to hide an item that you otherwise would transmog if that option wasnt available in the game.
    Just because you could hide it without fee before doesnt break the game now you have to pay gold that you can get withing 3 minutes..

This complaining mentality in WoW should really come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by jochie View Post
    I dont see the problem you are changing your appearance by hiding slots equals transmog so what if you have to pay a few gold to hide an item that you otherwise would transmog if that option wasnt available in the game.
    Just because you could hide it without fee before doesnt break the game now you have to pay gold that you can get withing 3 minutes..

This complaining mentality in WoW should really come to an end.
    This^

This is a non-issue, people just want to complain for the smallest things...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Not really. Tbh the interface tab of the menu was a bit of a weird place for it, and the way it works now is that instead of an on/off switch you're selecting a null appearance. So the two options would be kind of incompatible.
    They wouldn't be incompatible at all. When you select the interface option now it would apply the same null appearance is when you hide it at the NPC. Two locations to do the same thing. The interface because it has existed that way for years and the NPC because it also makes sense to do that at the NPC. Its not a big deal in the end but it is a small step back in the Quality of Life department.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Gold sink maybe?

I don't know but I don't see the big deal, like, I don't switch between invisible and visible pieces nearly enough to warrant it being a setting in the options menu.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol you don't even have to pay gold to hide your pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Some people are going to comment like "Omg, people are always complaining!" - But give me a honest answer - Why Blizzard is doing a step back with these changes?

It's regression, giving us a nice things and then taking them away(and I don't mean unbalanced classes).
    they're simply centralizing all the functions to customize gear appearance in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Gold sink maybe?

I don't know but I don't see the big deal, like, I don't switch between invisible and visible pieces nearly enough to warrant it being a setting in the options menu.
    Right? People act like they are replacing cloaks or helms every 5 min...

7+ Year Old Account
    really, i dont get it.
    we've known this for MONTHS!
    for fcking months! and you start to complain just now?
    now you whine and bitch that you dont like the change even when you had enough time to give feedback?

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    sure, lets have hide helm in interface, hide cloak in systems, hide shoulders a command, transmog gloves in the vendor in stormwind, transmog belt in dalaran, transmog weapon in your class hall, transmog chest in the exodar... etc...

see the point? they want to... put everything.. in one place... why have tmog, a appearance menu, for customizing your appearance, but then suddenly put 3 of those appearance options in a menu, and not where the rest are..

go to a fashion/clothes store and you ask for socks/underwear and they tell you "go to the store down the streets, they sell underwear and socks only, we sell the rest"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Yeah 'gold sink', sure...

Another pointless bitching thread.. /yawn - More like another pointless bitching comment /yawn

I am curious as to why, really, I am, I want to know why the change, the real reason not some speculative crap.

Go to another thread if you are tired of these ones, bringing up valid concerns about their backwards ass changing of existing things, be it Max view distance, stripping all sorts of choice from the interface/gameplay options (can't have them new players scared of all the options! They might unsubscribe when they see them!). Stop fucking coming into threads complaining about complaints, it makes you sound pathetic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    see the point? they want to... put everything.. in one place... why have tmog, a appearance menu, for customizing your appearance, but then suddenly put 3 of those appearance options in a menu, and not where the rest are..
    The three hide options have always existed in the menus. You act like people want things separated just to separate them. What is being complained about is the QoL issue of having to now go to a vendor, or buy a mount, when pre-Legion you could do it in the menu's. It does make sense to be able to do it at the Vendor as well but there is no reason to remove it from the menu.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

They wouldn't be incompatible at all. When you select the interface option now it would apply the same null appearance is when you hide it at the NPC. Two locations to do the same thing. The interface because it has existed that way for years and the NPC because it also makes sense to do that at the NPC. Its not a big deal in the end but it is a small step back in the Quality of Life department.
    There's no point in putting in two options that do the same thing if you're rebuilding the system from scratch.
    Beta Club Brosquad

At first this made me mad but after thinking about it i realized ill do it once and pretty much never do it again...unless i have to do it every time i get a new helm, which is still not very often at all so meh