Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Depends on how detailed you want to get about fantasy arche-types.

They are battle-mages to me because they combine melee combat (warglaives) with magic (fel magic).

Sure, it isn't the typical sword melee combat with fire and ice magic, but that is why I call it the warcraft version of it. I mean we could have a thousand different kinds of battle-mages if their armor type and weapon or magic type defines them. Nightblades using daggers and witchcraft, Blood Knights using bastard swords and blood magic, etc. They're basically just all the same thing, melee + magic.

Not that I don't understand your point of view though, there could be something interesting and completely seperate that instead of 'agility' uses 'strength and intellect' and heavy chest and leg armor + cloth combinations. But I kinda feel that for now that 'area' is satisfied by Demon Hunters, and the next thing we'd need is something a lot more 'cloth' based.
    I'd say an Enh. Shaman comes a lot closer to the classic Battle-Mage, or even to a certain part Frost Death Knight (Wotlk version).

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'd like to see Dark Ranger, especially after the melee-ization of Hunter. They've added a lot of melee in expansions, so I'd like to think they'll favor ranged next.

Wyrmlords - (Always wanted a class able to command dragons/drakes etc). Could have all 3 specs. Utilizing maybe different aspect whelplings for different attacks / heals. Example, Emerald whelps casting small heals / buffs etc with larger ephemereal emerald drakes throwing down mass heals etc. Other Aspect drakes /whelps being utilized for a tanking spec, and a combination maybe of all other Aspects to give variety to a new ranged (much needed imo) spec. Just a thought. I'm sure someone else more knowledgable could expand on this idea in more detail

Quote Originally Posted by Razekiel View Post
    Wyrmlords - (Always wanted a class able to command dragons/drakes etc). Could have all 3 specs. Utilizing maybe different aspect whelplings for different attacks / heals. Example, Emerald whelps casting small heals / buffs etc with larger ephemereal emerald drakes throwing down mass heals etc. Other Aspect drakes /whelps being utilized for a tanking spec, and a combination maybe of all other Aspects to give variety to a new ranged (much needed imo) spec. Just a thought. I'm sure someone else more knowledgable could expand on this idea in more detail
    I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Good, proving the point that there is enough engineering in the game that a class for it is not needed. Gracias!
    You know, that's exactly what I thought about demon hunters. But there is no point and nothing to prove. It's all subjective. If you don't want the class, then there is "enough." If you do, then there is not. Simple as that. So...de nada?

Pirates & Ninjas.

dunno if it count as subclass but Bloodmage would be cool ...it can be called something elseBlood to avoid using mage name , but a range caster that use bloodmagic and use his own health as source instead of mana but got alot of self heal too at same time ,if u played LoL something like vladimir !

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Pirates & Ninjas.
    That's covered by rogue.

I could see them adding shadow hunters. It would be a MAIL class. They could make one spec a ranged spec using a bow and another using loa magic. It is kind of troll favored. If they were to do a south seas expansion, i could see us going to the islands where Voljin and the darkspears were before Durotar. They could probably teach other races. It would only make sense for horde though. IDK i thought that would be the new class with Voljin becoming warchief. But now he is MIA and it really doesnt fit the theme for legion. It would of been nice because we got another leather class instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Bards and Tinkerers are the ones that come up the most.
    A bard class would be awesome! I loved the bard in Everquest and Vanguard - they were very unique to play and felt different from anything else in those games. I'm sure Blizzard could come up with a great implementation of bards.

Tinkerer I'm not as sure about. The theme seem too close to what an engineer already is.

Some kind of Engineer/Alchemist hybrid. There would be a few powerful vehicles available to each spec as cooldowns and the rest of the time it would provide mild healing and DPS support to the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    If we return to a Scourge story-line (and it seems we are cycling now with story), I could see them adding Necromancers. I don't think it matters if other classes might be similar ... it's all an illusion anyways. It's about flavor. Cool graphics, cool names. Who cares if other classes have minions / dots / etc??? There are still plenty of cool mechanics surrounding death that they can come up with.

FOR EXAMPLE: What if HPs are their resource (would be a fun and dangerous dance of healing and damage-doing)? What if after they die, they stay up for a while long and either heal with their remaining life force OR drain health from allies to rez themselves (it would be cool if the play-style revolved around dying and coming back to life)? What if you could actually control your minions (like, you become the pet completely and fight while your player character is run by AI or channels)?? What if they necro could kill himself on command to rez another in battle, and still be able to come back himself? What if Scythes? :P

These are just off the cuff ideas without much thought
    Pretty soon we're going to have to fight the new lich king..

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Pretty soon we're going to have to fight the new lich king..
    That's what I'm thinking too. If I recall correctly, there are still some story threads that needs sewn.

NECROMANCERS FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    A bard class would be awesome! I loved the bard in Everquest and Vanguard - they were very unique to play and felt different from anything else in those games. I'm sure Blizzard could come up with a great implementation of bards.

Tinkerer I'm not as sure about. The theme seem too close to what an engineer already is.
    If they could make a 3 spec class from the brewmaster in W3, they can make at least a 2 spec class involving tinkerers using either siege engines or shredder-like suits, plus another spec using guns and mail wouldn't hurt at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

anything ranged dps... for fuck sake blizzard you stupid or what.. melee after melee

I doubt necromancer will be added since Unholy Death Knight is basically a necromancer.

What I do think is that Tinkers could come soon, although they would be left out from the artifacts and class Hall which would suck :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    I doubt necromancer will be added since Unholy Death Knight is basically a necromancer.
    I respect the theory of this post ... but it is the EXACT same sentence people said about Demon Hunters and Warlocks. And we now have Demon Hunters. And with the renewed focus on class themes, I don't think Unholy DK embodies the full spectrum of what a Necro could (just some disease and undead minion flavor overlap and that's it).

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    I respect the theory of this post ... but it is the EXACT same sentence people said about Demon Hunters and Warlocks. And we now have Demon Hunters. And with the renewed focus on class themes, I don't think Unholy DK embodies the full spectrum of what a Necro could (just some disease and undead minion flavor overlap and that's it).
    Hmhm, funnily enough I always contested that talk about warlocks and demon hunters and thought it was foolish.

I'll be open then to the possibility of necromancers. What could (two?) potential specs be?

Definitely Dark Ranger.

10+ Year Old Account
    What ever it is, it's highly likely to be ranged after three Mdps/Tank hybrids in a row (yeah yeah monks can heal too)

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Definitely Dark Ranger.
    I second this.
    Last edited by Zaee; 2016-07-18 at 09:54 PM.