Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Just to be clear, when you say stacks, you mean VF duration while the stacks are still blocked at 100 or did they increase the cap ?

Been awhile since I've been on the beta.
    The cap is still 100 stacks yes, I just find it sounds better to say 140 stacks rather than 140 seconds in the context of what StM does for us :P sorry if that was a bit unclear

I really don't get the pessimistic view on StM. Two options here:

1) StM will be nerfed to be in line with other dps. This will make LotV a competitive option again.
    2) StM won't be nerfed. The good shadow priests will be top dps in most fights, after some training.

Either way I will be happy. The only thing that worries me is the various hardware gimmicks that may flourish to optimize StM (and maybe the bans). But my bet is that it will be nerfed anyway.

You forgot option: 3) Shadow is balanced around StM, does medicore damage with it, and any fight where StM is unreliable or unusable (there will be plenty) we suck shit.

If StM gets nerfed, you better believe LoTV isn't getting buffed. This will make LoTV 'competitive', but not shadow priests themselves.

Deleted
    Some of you guys misunderstand what's going on.

LotV IS COMPETITIVE, it's just not as competitive as StM. StM however has its downsides, but those currently don't outweigh its benefits. But again, this does not mean that LotV is not viable. My Ursoc kill video is a prime example of this. I use LotV and am 3rd on the meters, only topped by a demon hunter (I think) and a enhancement shaman.

hehehe they didn't even had the time to update the class preview they linked in the release patch notes. It looks like some intern edited it in less than 1 minute. It mentions Void Flay or Void Blast and Void Form instead of Void Eruption.
    Sad Story but exactly how much work has gone into shadow in the past several weeks.

I'm not saying the spec sucks. Shadow sure is viable and fun in some situations. I've just had great 3s games and survivability is so much better with the template change.

BUT the spec would have needed SO MUCH more work.

What exactly?

• PvP talents are still a mess. No choice at all.
    • AoE especially in Dungeons is a joke.
    • StM will be a mess to balance and it is hated by a big amount of players.
    • Players with latency or fps problems can't play shadow without major DPS disadvantages.
    • Talents like Mania, Mind Spike or Void Ray seem poorly designed.
    • The spec feels incomplete without Legendaries, Set Bonus and artifact.
    • Sphere of Insanity should be redesigned.

The only changes we wil get at this point until 7.1 are nerfs.

I predict a major 20% VT and SWP nerf.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Greatpippon View Post
    I really don't get the pessimistic view on StM.
    A talent that actualy kills you in 100% of all times, is plain stupid and should not exist.
    If the Talent is overpowered or underwhelming does not matter at this point.
    Especially when some OTHER Classes can do that without beeing a suicide bomber...

Not including the stupid waste of food.. well after WoD they must implement a gold/time sink, right?
    Also we have to include Post #9095, Shadow will be very hard to play top level with some hardware / connection.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2016-07-18 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo WoW View Post
    LotV IS COMPETITIVE, it's just not as competitive as StM.
    This is some Orwellian shit right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo WoW View Post
    Some of you guys misunderstand what's going on.

LotV IS COMPETITIVE, it's just not as competitive as StM.
    Correct, this is what I meant. My point was that if with StM I'm second on dps, and with LotV I'm third, I'm the kind of guy who picks StM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    This is some Orwellian shit right here.
    Well you're surely being sarcastic, because it's actually the truth Do you think people run StM every dungeon they do? Do you think people run StM every world boss they do? Uhm - no.

And yet Shadow Priest still do competitive DPS with LotV.

"What Angelo?! You're lying! StM is the only thing that's competitive!!"

No. LotV is perfectly competitive. Sure - it's not where it should be, and it definitely needs some improvement, but competitive nonetheless

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greatpippon View Post
    Correct, this is what I meant. My point was that if with StM I'm second on dps, and with LotV I'm third, I'm the kind of guy who picks StM.
    And I completely understand that my friend, but you can't use that reasoning in practice, because that's not how it works.

You wouldn't use StM "just because you could be 2nd in DPS with it" in a Dungeon Boss that's dead within about 3 minutes, maybe even 2. The cons in that situation simply outweigh the pros, and LotV actually is more beneficial to you. Sure, POTENTIALLY speaking you may be lower on DPS, but you won't die, you won't run around for the next 10 minutes without a usable 100 talent, and above all else: you'll save yourself and your group time.
    Do you get where I'm coming from now?

And apologies in advance if I sound aggresive. That's certainly not indended!

You're using the word 'competitive' where you should be using 'viable', I think.

Deleted
    You're using the word 'competitive' where you should be using 'viable', I think.
    Competitive is viable in my eyes. The two are the same thing. Something isn't viable if it's not competitive for a regular raider, and something is simply not competitive if it isn't viable, or worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    Not including the stupid waste of food.. well after WoD they must implement a gold/time sink, right?
    If you use Surrender to Madness on every fight in the Emerald Nightmare and one shot every boss, at most you're losing 7 pieces of food. That's what, 150 gold? A true gold sink indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Isentropy View Post
    If you use Surrender to Madness on every fight in the Emerald Nightmare and one shot every boss, at most you're losing 7 pieces of food. That's what, 150 gold? A true gold sink indeed.
    Well, i don't think it makes much of a deal, just something to consider when using a in first place stupid designed talent.

At least we don't have to worry about runes anymore, right?

150 more gold than any other DPS has to pay, an increase of infinity percent from 0.

150 more gold than any other DPS has to pay, an increase of infinity percent from 0.
    Well, Johnny Awesome who stands afk in the fire every fight will have to pay the same price, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    At least we don't have to worry about runes anymore, right?
    Yes we have... :/ The new runes version gives +335 intel..

Quote Originally Posted by Lavafist View Post
    Yes we have... :/ The new runes version gives +335 intel..
    ....well shit.

Wait they are carrying over runes into legion? I didn't see that anywhere.

There's a reason it's called Surrender to Madness and not "Surrender to Mild DPS Increase." It's the ultimate sacrifice for the ultimate potential gain. People need to let the game have some flavor, for fuck's sake, and stop bitching about every little thing.

Deleted
    In a simple TL;DR , what's our status right now going into Legion? Some people say we are at the bottom Leveling wise and it's hard as hell.