Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    It was a half assed implementation by Blizz
    This sadly was the problem, the WoD team took a lazy approach by making it a talent that converted Protection spec into Gladiator spec instead of making it a fourth selectable spec like druids (which in fairness was a perfectly fine shortcut from their POV as artifacts weren't even an idea at this point). Then the Legion team took the lazy approach of just removing it instead of finishing the job properly and adding a fourth artifact.

Guess it will stand as a testament that no matter how cool something is or how well received it is, lazy devs can always **** on your cereal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qoma View Post
    There hasn't ever really been a spec that was flat out removed from the game before
    Blood DPS Deathknights, Frost tank Deathknights, Unholy tank Deathknights. All removed from game in one patch, it really sucked.

I'd like to see some good swan song vids of Glad's final day. Get out there and honor the best thing warriors got in WoD!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    I'd like to see some good swan song vids of Glad's final day. Get out there and honor the best thing warriors got in WoD!

In all honesty though, Glad's damage will live on in Prot Warrior Legion PvP. Yeah sure, PvE aspect of damage is dead, but for reasons already mentioned in previous page, it was a balance concept that wasn't meant to be.

I really enjoyed Gladiator, it was a shame that Blizzard killed it off so quickly. Of course it wasn't useless but it was purposely kept in a place where it would not compete directly with Arms/Fury. As a gameplay style I thought it was great, a sort of mix of MOP and WOTLK Fury concepts, mashed together with Prot. Hopefully it will return in future.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    Fixed.

Arms is garbage, and fury are better than WoD but too weak

Meh, it has become a thing for Blizzard to make warriors either crap or mediocre at best at the beginning of the expansion and slowly rise to fame.

Patience, young padawwan.

10+ Year Old Account
    why stop at gladiator

just push the class off a cliff too. warriors have been ulcer inducing garbage ever since mortal strike and hamstring got fucked. this class gets worse every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by zivxx View Post
    Meh, it has become a thing for Blizzard to make warriors either crap or mediocre at best at the beginning of the expansion and slowly rise to fame.

Patience, young padawwan.

Every single xpac without exception

First week of Blackrock Foundry memories

Sadly this was roughly the end of my playing Gladiator, Blizzard had already got well underway with killing the spec alongside Arms/Fury at this point. I had fond times with the spec, didn't play it much after Highmaul though, only for comedy farm runs where my raid leader got mad at me for not having Rallying Cry.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    First week of Blackrock Foundry memories
    It's a beautiful thing.

I will miss it. I always loved the sword and board fantasy, but tanking wasn't always my cup of tea. Gladiator allowed me to play S&B as a dps.

Shame blizzard decided to gut it completely and not make it into a proper 4th spec that wasn't dependent on Protection (one of the things I agree with blizzard on when it came to its removal, just not its complete removal)

Got endless 30 dps with it. So I am proud of that

Deleted
    Only played it 'cos it was the strongest "spec", good riddance to a shit attempt at a Tank DPS spec that wasn't needed o/

Good ole' Gladiator, the Spec of the Hipster.

Kind of sucks they are removing it. I was rather hoping they would embrace the idea, and make more tanking/healing specs having an option to go damage whenever they want. Gladiator was pretty fun to play, just needed some shaping, and the whole "class redesign" of Legion could have helped.

Guess it was too hard to balance.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Guess it was too hard to balance.
    Balancing wasn't an issue, it was actually the easiest of the three Warrior DPS specs to tune. The problem is the WoD team half assed it by making it a talent that converted Protection spec into Gladiator Spec (as opposed to a selectable fourth spec), this meant the Legion team would need to fix that due to artifacts, they didn't fancy doing the work either so just cut the spec.

A shame really as it had quite a fan base and was something players had been asking for since Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goxicity View Post
    RIP Glad. All 3 ppl who ever played you
    You know it was a more popular spec than Survival Hunters right? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely loved Gladiator on my warriors. Very sad to see it gone, and hope to see it return in the future.
    RIP <SoP>

I really wanted to play this at some point. Was gonna boost my warrior when Legion dropped...

Sword and Board is an iconic fighting style. I'd really like to see it as a DPS spec for something sometime. Warrior seemed like the most natural fit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    Fixed.

Arms is garbage, and fury are better than WoD but too weak
    Wut? Arms is actually fun again, cleave is back, slam, overpower, rend if you take it over avatar. The spec is actually fun again, instead of the 2-3 button crap we had in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz needs to quit giving us cool things to play with, only to take it away later. They are choking their own game, and should instead let it breathe and be free
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

every warlock i've faced absorb damage like crazy.

were they always like this?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Wut? Arms is actually fun again, cleave is back, slam, overpower, rend if you take it over avatar. The spec is actually fun again, instead of the 2-3 button crap we had in WoD.
    It's still 2-3 button crap, Overpower/Rend are DPS losses, you basically just have MS/CS/Slam until 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It's still 2-3 button crap, Overpower/Rend are DPS losses, you basically just have MS/CS/Slam until 20%.
    For pvp overpower is definitely the best t1 talent by a mile. Also stacking sharpen blade + 3 stacks of focused rage(or whatever its called) + colossus smash + all cds = 1 shot...literally 1 shot.

I couldn't care less about pve, repeating the same rotation for minutes in a scripted encounter is BORING. Sorry but that's the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    every warlock i've faced absorb damage like crazy.

were they always like this?
    Destro locks have been like that since mop.