Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Think we will be competitive in 5 man challenge modes? The new version

Quote Originally Posted by woodside View Post
    this guide has useful information, but I cant say I agree with majority of the content written in the guide

discipline priest in 7.0 should play just like its name indicated, you need to have "discipline".....its strictly a heal->dps->heal->dps->heal rotation to maximize dps and hps
    No, it isn't. Doing a rotation like that is pretty terrible and will result in you doing half of everyone else's healing. You're welcome to post reasoning and evidence for this ridiculous idea being optimal of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    From my testing in Dungeons, i would say it's possible, at least if the Priest knows how to play.
    I don't think that anyone really knows how viable we are until it's live and tested further.

So with the prepatch coming tomorrow, what are you holy specs planning running with mythic HFC? The 2p and 4p is pretty bad, might just swap them out with mastery off pieces. Trinkets? Thinking of running DP and DSI.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Yes. Shadowmend is very good. Damage output on bosses is very good. Did Tyrannical Arcway last night (level 10) and while we didn't make the timer, none of the bosses felt impossible and none of our wipes felt like "well we just need a better healer." It's mostly do mechanics and win as long as you have the basics of the spec down and gear that's half decent (mostly trinkets). There are some exceptions like Tyrannical Wrath of Azshara which has a base hps requirement somewhere in the ballpark of 400-500k because of groupwide ticking damage that will be extremely difficult to heal early on, but I don't expect anyone except rdruids to really glide through that anyway.

Thank you Toteltotemic for putting this guide together in time for the patch release!

Unfortunately I can't say I am excited for this new play style at all but after reading through the other thread and this guide at least I think I know what to try tomorrow.

prepatch question, will sockets on weapons now be better than WF. With gems being 200 stats and WF staying the same, will this push socketed items past the wf.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice if someone or Totaltotemic himself adds some weakauras (tracking atonement buffs, SWP/PTW targets/uptime, etc..) to the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by artame View Post
    It would be nice if someone or Totaltotemic himself adds some weakauras (tracking atonement buffs, SWP/PTW targets/uptime, etc..) to the guide.
    So far we came to the conclusion that at least for atonement plea does the job pretty well.

By the end of the week, but more likely this evening, I will edit an old Renewing Mists WA to display #atones and shortest remaining duration.

As for dots I mostly prefer the default healthbars, since having a list with remaining duration on tragets can be very confusing if there are multiple mobs with the same name.

But that's personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortalem View Post
    So far we came to the conclusion that at least for atonement plea does the job pretty well.

By the end of the week, but more likely this evening, I will edit an old Renewing Mists WA to display #atones and shortest remaining duration.

As for dots I mostly prefer the default healthbars, since having a list with remaining duration on tragets can be very confusing if there are multiple mobs with the same name.

But that's personal preference.
    That WA would be awsome man, looking foward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallphas View Post
    That WA would be awsome man, looking foward to that.
    I did one yesterday.

http://pastebin.com/6cc7aGAr

Only counts atonements in group/raid but that should be no difference in a pve setting.

Quote Originally Posted by artame View Post
    I've actually never used spec-specific weakauras myself, but I can add them if people could provide them as well as a screenshot of what each one looks like.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I've actually never used spec-specific weakauras myself, but I can add them if people could provide them as well as a screenshot of what each one looks like.
    it´s ok if you don´t use weakauras, but some fellow priest use some and i hope they are posting their weakauras here where you or the mods can add them to the initial post, so new/other priest players can see/use them if they want to.

This is a good group of weakauras to start with if anyone is looking. I personally made a few adjustments for my own, but it's an awesome package!
    https://youtu.be/BeZUOe6HH0g

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    I did one yesterday.

http://pastebin.com/6cc7aGAr

Only counts atonements in group/raid but that should be no difference in a pve setting.
    That's exactly what I would have done.

Ooookay, even at 700 ilvl with 2pc T18, I'm struggling to heal Mythic dungeons. Having to constantly spam Shadowmend just to barely keep people up. Atonement isn't healing for shit.

Even Shadowmend is only healing for 8-10% of the tank's health. What the fuck. What the actual fuck.

Blizz pls.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-07-19 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Ooookay, even at 700 ilvl with 2pc T18, I'm struggling to heal Mythic dungeons. Having to constantly spam Shadowmend just to barely keep people up. Atonement isn't healing for shit.

Even Shadowmend is only healing for 8-10% of the tank's health. What the fuck. What the actual fuck.

Blizz pls.
    Have you not been paying attention to disc in dungeons for the past 5 months? SM spam is pretty normal. And you're only ilvl 700 so you don't massively overgear them to the point where you only need atonement healing.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

And his gear is probably full of mastery that doesn't scale very well with ShadowMend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    Have you not been paying attention to disc in dungeons for the past 5 months? SM spam is pretty normal.
    That's...really dumb. Why even have Atonement if you never use it unless you massively outgear the content?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    And you're only ilvl 700 so you don't massively overgear them to the point where you only need atonement healing.
    I think being 40 ilvls above the recommended ilvl is "massively overgearing".

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    And his gear is probably full of mastery that doesn't scale very well with ShadowMend.
    Thanks for assuming that I didn't read up on the patch.

No, I switched my gear to Haste/Crit stuff.

My problem is that Shadow Mend is not healing for shit. It's literally healing for 8-10% of the tank's health. I can barely keep the tank alive, let alone the rest of the group. This is broken beyond belief.

My Monk heals just fine, despite being at the same ilvl. I healed two Mythics with no problems at all. But on my Priest, I struggle to keep just the tank alive, because all of my heals aren't healing for shit.

He's actually right, Disc feels awful right now compared to beta. The artifact goes a long way I guess, my damage feels way too low to effectively heal via atonement. I'm thinking I might just stick to beta until August 31st...