Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PvP talents available when pre-patch drops?

Forgive me if someone has already asked this question (mods, feel free to close if so), but will the new Honor talents be available for us to grind out when the Legion pre-patch drops on July 19th?

Thanks

It is my understanding that they require level 110.
    Prior to that you earn XP.

Instead, characters who have reached maximum level will earn Honor Points from competing in Battlegrounds or Arenas, similar to how lower-level players earn Experience Points.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199...iew-12-16-2015
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Most likely just the first box for the new trinket ability, because your actual trinkets will be disabled, as are all enchants and trinket effects. On PTR they had the talents enabled for a couple days but then turned off the exp gain for the pvp talents, and every newly created char and the copied ones only started out with that one box and frozen exp gain.

Deleted
    Honor talents require level 110 to unlock. At least that is how it worked in alpha and beta.

Weren't the honor talents available on PTR? So with that, my guess would be they should be available in the pre-patch

No honor talents. Just the first box for the new insignia. The rest will be available at level 110. On PTR they were available first, but then they disabled exp gain on them after a couple days. So only a couple folks had a few of those talents available to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darometh View Post
    Weren't the honor talents available on PTR? So with that, my guess would be they should be available in the pre-patch
    They were at the start but then they were locked out a few weeks later with the disclaimer in game saying "these talents will unlock at level 100"...which means they should have been working but weren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    No honor talents. Just the first box for the new insignia. The rest will be available at level 110. On PTR they were available first, but then they disabled exp gain on them after a couple days. So only a couple folks had a few of those talents available to them.
    I dont doubt you, but do you have a source for that? I was one of the guys on the PTR who got to honor level 12 or so and was looking forward to grinding honor levels in the weeks before legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothg View Post
    I dont doubt you, but do you have a source for that? I was one of the guys on the PTR who got to honor level 12 or so and was looking forward to grinding honor levels in the weeks before legion.
    Read the front page, it's kinda sad I was also looking forward to grinding those levels in prepatch.

I was hoping to grind some on 12-15 toons of all brackets to get them going with at least the trinket ability, but I'd learned awhile back there you can't even do that until 110. I imagine rogues will be quite the bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    This is such a poor decision on Blizzard's part. Quite a few specs have key abilities they need from pvp talents. I was looking forward to resubbing for the prepatch but might not because of this. Would it have been too hard to put a cap to lvl 46 so people can't reset prestige and just do a wipe when legion comes out? Or disabling any prestige rewards? God Blizzard is so out of touch with some decisions.

Deleted
    Epic fail, but no stupid decision from these devs surpises me anymore.

Deleted
    This was an oppurtunity for them to test the various talents to some degree, but as always they take 1 step forward and 19 backwards.

"What are you complaining about!? They will test and balance them when Legion comes out!!"

Oh yes. PVP balance will be at the forefront when Legion is out. If you believe that, i know a Nigerian prince who wants to send you millions of dollars.

15+ Year Old Account
    Atm on the ptr you get only the medallion,rest are locked for lvl 110.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Atm on the ptr you get only the medallion,rest are locked for lvl 110.
    In case people haven't had the chance to jump on live yet, they even removed the ability to the medallion and trinket slots don't work in instanced pvp. As in you're stuck with a 3 minute cd trinket until level 110 unless you're playing human.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    In case people haven't had the chance to jump on live yet, they even removed the ability to the medallion and trinket slots don't work in instanced pvp. As in you're stuck with a 3 minute cd trinket until level 110 unless you're playing human.
    I reported it as a bug (probably not a bug lol), but yeah this is epic fail on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I reported it as a bug (probably not a bug lol), but yeah this is epic fail on their part.
    It's literally listed as a bug on the issues page. It was there before the patch dropped. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by jtth View Post
    It's literally listed as a bug on the issues page. It was there before the patch dropped. Come on.
    Not necessarily, because I created chracaters on alpha/beta and PTR early on so I never experienced said bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    You guys haven't gotten totally fed up yet with how bad Blizz is toward PvP? I don't know what kind of Stockholm Syndrome it is, but you'd think WoD would have been enough. They sure do love taking your money though and lol'ing to the bank.

Enjoy the frustrating and stupid grind but I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    You guys haven't gotten totally fed up yet with how bad Blizz is toward PvP? I don't know what kind of Stockholm Syndrome it is, but you'd think WoD would have been enough. They sure do love taking your money though and lol'ing to the bank.

Enjoy the frustrating and stupid grind but I'm out.
    Arrivederci