Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    SEF isn't in there because its a cooldown, I'll probably add it back in later today.

As for your second question: http://www.walkingthewind.com/guides/faqs/#5
    Ahh ok, wasn't sure

The answer you posted in there doesn't say if it does increase or not, just that they will attack your target if there is only one or if you hit the SEF button again. Unless I misread/misunderstood?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxan View Post
    Ahh ok, wasn't sure

The answer you posted in there doesn't say if it does increase or not, just that they will attack your target if there is only one or if you hit the SEF button again. Unless I misread/misunderstood?
    "Yes! Its Windwalker’s main DPS cooldown. If there are multiple targets they will jump around tagging them for Cyclone Strikes stacks. If you’d like them to focus on one target, then pressing the button a second time will cause them to converge on your current target. If there is only one target when they’re summoned then they will attack that target until it is killed or the buff runs out."
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

"Yes! Its Windwalker’s main DPS cooldown. If there are multiple targets they will jump around tagging them for Cyclone Strikes stacks. If you’d like them to focus on one target, then pressing the button a second time will cause them to converge on your current target. If there is only one target when they’re summoned then they will attack that target until it is killed or the buff runs out."
    Perhaps I'm not wording my question correctly...where do we see this on the tooltip/patch notes? If it does, by how much? I've dug around all over and I cannot find anything that states this. I did find on your site where it says that SEF is purely AoE though: "SEF is designed to be a burst AOE cooldown, it no longer has any bearing on anything other than SCK, so it has no use for single target or any other ability." You even reference a blue post that says the same thing: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742866534#13

Not trying to be repetitive, just curious where it says/shows SEF has a single target DPS benefit.

Deleted
    Perhaps I'm not wording my question correctly...where do we see this on the tooltip/patch notes? If it does, by how much? I've dug around all over and I cannot find anything that states this. I did find on your site where it says that SEF is purely AoE though: "SEF is designed to be a burst AOE cooldown, it no longer has any bearing on anything other than SCK, so it has no use for single target or any other ability." You even reference a blue post that says the same thing: x

Not trying to be repetitive, just curious where it says/shows SEF has a single target DPS benefit.
    Each spirit does 45% of your damage, so you have a total of 135% of your damage. SEF used to not copy abilities if you sent spirits on the same target you were damaging, but they changed that to make SEF a dps cooldown.

Deleted
    Perhaps I'm not wording my question correctly...where do we see this on the tooltip/patch notes? If it does, by how much? I've dug around all over and I cannot find anything that states this. I did find on your site where it says that SEF is purely AoE though: "SEF is designed to be a burst AOE cooldown, it no longer has any bearing on anything other than SCK, so it has no use for single target or any other ability." You even reference a blue post that says the same thing: us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742866534#13

The clones will hit for the same amount all the time, its just where they hit it that is the question. As Babylonius said, you hit it once, they jump around, hit it again and they will focus your target. Meaning, the dmg to that target will be 45%*3=135%. A dmg increase by 35% when they are up.

Is that what you wanted to know? Or do you want to know where the blue post is about using it like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps I'm not wording my question correctly...where do we see this on the tooltip/patch notes? If it does, by how much? I've dug around all over and I cannot find anything that states this. I did find on your site where it says that SEF is purely AoE though: "SEF is designed to be a burst AOE cooldown, it no longer has any bearing on anything other than SCK, so it has no use for single target or any other ability." You even reference a blue post that says the same thing: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742866534#13

That blue post is 2.5 months old. Each spirit does 45% of your damage, 45+45+45=135%, so its a 35% damage increase for single target.

That blue post is 2.5 months old. Each spirit does 45% of your damage, 45+45+45=135%, so its a 35% damage increase for single target.
    Okie doke. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a hidden/shadow function of single target, since it's never been that way before and it never really specified like it used to. Would not want to feel or look silly using it all of a sudden.

Thank you for getting through my thickhead

If you're "consensus" was at all based on my testing, it's because I never tested prepatch stuff, just for 110 stuff.
    oh my bad I didn't realize that was for pre patch

Deleted
    THe links from Hina are disable by Dropbox... can someone post a screenshot or the list here? Tyvm

Haven't had a chance to test it out yet but thought I'd post here immediately for all you uber pros elite monks. I put in a request to the TellMeWhen author to add a condition for last spell cast to account for our Mastery and it looks like it was added!

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/tel...st-spell-cast/

TBH I really like the idea someone posted in the beta forums to make us do 100% damage with SEF and the clones would do 15% damage each. It would not interefere with our current state of trinkets.

Deleted
    I read that FoF deals reduced damage to secondary targets,i thought it was going to do full damage to secondary targets? Is that something i have made up in my mind or didnt they change FoF to do 100% dmg to secondary targets in the beta? Perhaps it was too good so they changed it back again? Sorry if this has already been brought up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenStormstout View Post
    On the Icy-veins forum, someone asked what the stat priority is at 110. An admin posted that it's Versatility>Haste=Mastery=Crit. While on WtW it's different (Mastery > Haste > Critical Strike > Versatility). Which is right? One says Versatility is best, other says worst.

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...gion-prepatch/
    http://www.walkingthewind.com/guides/tldr/
    You may want to reread the question they asked:
    "hey everyone , im trying to find wha the new stat weights for WW are going to be , with the pre-patch dropping on tuesday and multistrike going away i wonder if i will need to re-optimize my gear or not"

Considering I am giving the information for IV, and WtW is my site, safe to assume they will be the same information.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iNDEC View Post
    I read that FoF deals reduced damage to secondary targets,i thought it was going to do full damage to secondary targets? Is that something i have made up in my mind or didnt they change FoF to do 100% dmg to secondary targets in the beta? Perhaps it was too good so they changed it back again? Sorry if this has already been brought up.
    FoF used to do reduced damage to secondary targets in WoD. For Legion it was changed to 100% to every target it hit.

Deleted

FoF used to do reduced damage to secondary targets in WoD. For Legion it was changed to 100% to every target it hit.
    So when legion actually hits it will do 100% to every target hit? In the new pre patch notes it says it does reduced damage, thats why im confused

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iNDEC View Post
    So when legion actually hits it will do 100% to every target hit? In the new pre patch notes it says it does reduced damage, thats why im confused
    Can you give a link to that? I can't find it anywhere.

On beta right now it did the same damage to both target dummies.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2016-07-18 at 11:34 PM.

Ah, my mistake. Deleting my post.

The class preview series linked from the launcher is where it says that, those posts are old and outdated.

Am I alone in seeing clones do like half of my damage instead of the same damage with sotw and fof?

Further investigation seems to show that my clones are doing less with every ability, somewhere around 60% of my damage while SEF is out.

Here is a log on training dummy with 30 sec of SEF

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Is it possible they aren't scaling with Mastery? I have 42% mastery.

Yes that is it, a quick test shows that SEF clones do not scale with our mastery. I'm not sure if this beta client only or if it's going live like this as well.
    Last edited by Megabloks; 2016-07-19 at 12:44 AM.

Deleted
    Can you give a link to that? I can't find it anywhere.

On beta right now it did the same damage to both target dummies.
    I got the information from the new patch notes that was posted today, and they linked to the monk class preview and there u can see that they say that it does reduced damage. I noticed the class preview blog is from 2015 so i guess its not up to date yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    Am I alone in seeing clones do like half of my damage instead of the same damage with sotw and fof?

Further investigation seems to show that my clones are doing less with every ability, somewhere around 60% of my damage while SEF is out.

Here is a log on training dummy with 30 sec of SEF

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Is it possible they aren't scaling with Mastery? I have 42% mastery.

Yes that is it, a quick test shows that SEF clones do not scale with our mastery. I'm not sure if this beta client only or if it's going live like this as well.
    if thats true it would explain why serenity and WDP are simming equal but playing out to such a gap
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.