Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayoma View Post
    Because the "white culture" is always(!) respectfull lol. Ever been to south africa? :> Pretty fun being black there....
    You seem to be out of touch with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Oh lord, stop just stop.
    Again, 12.3% of the population, and over 50% of murders......and those are just the ones prosecuted, in Chicago, 75% of the murders haven't even been investigated, let alone criminal prosecuted.
    I don't have time to get into your previous post/reply to Theramore.

On this comment. You would admit that violent crimes are higher in urban areas? In the town hall this week while Obama was bragging about crime rates lowering. The Chief of Police from Milwaukee, Edward A. Flynn, checked Obama stating that urban areas that it has maintained and rose.

No doubt in these cities or urban areas is where a large proportion of the African Americans live.

African American poverty being more segregated and concentrated in certain cities or larger "towns" will magnify any crime rate. When you add extreme poverty in cities along with young black male unemployment. You will get incredible crime rates.

If you basically reversed this and took all the white people and concentrated or segregated them into neighborhoods in Chicago, Baltimore or any other city. You will get the same result. Everything from drug dealers, gangs, violent crimes and murder.

So you can give me murder and violent crime stats. This does not make 100% black people all criminals. Yes, this is hyperbole. So stopping a person in suburb or even in West Baltimore and immediately concluding that person is a criminal is going to add animosity to any community.

A read that you probably will ignore.

Black poverty differs from white poverty
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...white-poverty/

America's Biggest Problem Is Concentrated Poverty, Not Inequality
    http://www.citylab.com/housing/2015/...uality/400892/

I have yet to hear of cops killing cops and claiming they dindu nuffin, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

On this comment. You would admit that violent crimes are higher in urban areas? In the town hall this week while Obama was bragging about crime rates lowering. The Chief of Police from Milwaukee, Edward A. Flynn, checked Obama stating that urban areas that it has maintained and rose.

No doubt in these cities or urban areas is where a large proportion of the African Americans live.

African American poverty being more segregated and concentrated in certain cities or larger "towns" will magnify any crime rate. When you add extreme poverty in cities along with young black male unemployment. You will get incredible crime rates.

If you basically reversed this and took all the white people and concentrated or segregated them into neighborhoods in Chicago, Baltimore or any other city. You will get the same result. Everything from drug dealers, gangs, violent crimes and murder.

So you can give me murder and violent crime stats. This does not make 100% black people all criminals. Yes, this is hyperbole. So stopping a person in suburb or even in West Baltimore and immediately concluding that person is a criminal is going to add animosity to any community.

Reading the articles, but I always have to giggle when articles use 'African American' for black people, but not 'European American' for white people, they're happy to just label them white.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    While most of this is true, we do need to stop using the past as justification for things. If we don't, it's an endless cycle. Things need to change on both sides, but that's the key part.. change on BOTH sides. Currently you're labeled as a racist if you try to put ANY blame on the black community.. all roads of bad HAVE to lead to white people, and that's not right. Doesn't excuse a thing, but for things to get better, all sides have to work together.
    Things indeed need to change. And I'm not justifying anything related to violence, from my point I kinda get why many people are frustated about it. But they should've done it like CORE(Congress of Racial Equality)

Quote Originally Posted by PepperedAngus View Post
    You seem to be out of touch with reality.
    O'rly? Ever been to Orania or Swellendam ? Racism in south africa is pretty much reality my friend.

i'll absolutely agree that poverty is part of the problem, a major part of the problem. Poverty however, doesn't absolve someone of personal accountability. The problem isn't with Cops, it is with a urban culture that glorifies criminality, and ridicules education.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are bad apples on both sides of this issue, there is no easy action in this situation. I just wish that these killings on both sides just stop. I know that the police are there for us and I believe we should be there for them too. As a black man I ran into bad officers who were rough with me for no damn reason and I also ran into good officers who stop to actually help me when I needed them. We can't let all this horrid shit we see in the media about bad officers and bad black people ruin the image of what a police officer is and what being black is. We just gotta find a way pass this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayoma View Post
    Things indeed need to change. And I'm not justifying anything related to violence, from my point I kinda get why many people are frustated about it. But they should've done it like CORE(Congress of Racial Equality)

O'rly? Ever been to Orania or Swellendam ? Racism in south africa is pretty much reality my friend.
    Congrats on finding the only towns protecting white Africans from the violence that's occurring all over South Africa, and trying to preserve the Afrikaans culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Or has it made it worse for BLM movement. Seems kind of counter-productive what has gone on recently. If I was a cop I would be super paranoid now, but thats just me. Are things going to get worse before they get better? I really hate seeing people doing their jobs get killed..even though they signed up for it.
    I think the difference is the vast majority of policing shootings are justified, whereas with BLM and their supporters, they are just committing cold blooded murder.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    White people don't blow things up or yell "allah akbar'
    Nor do white people deal as much drugs as the black.
    interesting as there are really no black people around where I live. but guess what is.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you can give me murder and violent crime stats. This does not make 100% black people all criminals.
    no, it doesn't make you a criminal. but it does make you relevant in a research of correlating values.

if white people are rapists and black people are murderers, but you're a cop and you know getting raped as a cop is pretty rare... do you get tense around the 58% of white people who inhabit the country you live in and commit 40%~ of rapes, or the 13% that makes up the black population who commit 50%~ of murders?

people are so good at being cops until they gotta go to law school, pull someone over at a traffic stop to tell them they have a light out and get shot because the driver is driving with a suspended license or has a bunch of illegal drugs or just don't like cops or what the fuck ever.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2016-07-19 at 12:12 AM.

The problem is the african american community makes a lot of decisions that keep them impoverished. For example having kids while not being financially ready to do so. Another thing, why not encourage students to try hard in school? Presently kids that actually try to do good in their classes end up getting beaten up. We hear celebrities always chiming in about BLM, but on this type of issue they really remain quiet. Also, no more glorifying the gang lifestyle. Nothing good comes from it besides getting money from dumb people. Simple steps that would have positive and wide effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I really hate seeing people doing their jobs get killed..even though they signed up for it.
    They signed up to be killed? Well that seems like a poor life choice.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I would like a few changes to the system:

5. Which is already in place for car chases, but to disengage from none violent offenders when either the perpetrator, officers or by standard's life is at risk. A none violent assailant is not worth killing, being killed or killing someone else over.
    I like 1 through 4, though I'd like to see substantial increase in base pay to offset #1.

On to # 5.. This sounds like you're suggesting that if a suspect struggles to free themselves to the point that they're endangering other people that they should just be let go. Typically, if that's what has occurred, then that necessarily means that they've utilized force against the arresting officer or another, demanding a response from the officer. Something like this would have to be passed by a state legislature and is beyond the scope of what an individual department can enforce by policy. For example, in Texas, the Code of Criminal Procedure section 1.03 lists the objectives of the CCP, which are as follows:

Art. 1.03. OBJECTS OF THIS CODE. This Code is intended to embrace rules applicable to the prevention and prosecution of offenses against the laws of this State, and to make the rules of procedure in respect to the prevention and punishment of offenses intelligible to the officers who are to act under them, and to all persons whose rights are to be affected by them. It seeks:
    1. To adopt measures for preventing the commission of crime;
    2. To exclude the offender from all hope of escape;
    3. To insure a trial with as little delay as is consistent with the ends of justice;
    4. To bring to the investigation of each offense on the trial all the evidence tending to produce conviction or acquittal;
    5. To insure a fair and impartial trial; and
    6. The certain execution of the sentence of the law when declared.

Also, the duties of texas peace officers as outlined in Article 2.13 of the Texas CCP:

Art. 2.13. DUTIES AND POWERS. (a) It is the duty of every peace officer to preserve the peace within the officer's jurisdiction. To effect this purpose, the officer shall use all lawful means.
    (b) The officer shall:
    (1) in every case authorized by the provisions of this Code, interfere without warrant to prevent or suppress crime;
    (2) execute all lawful process issued to the officer by any magistrate or court;
    (3) give notice to some magistrate of all offenses committed within the officer's jurisdiction, where the officer has good reason to believe there has been a violation of the penal law; and
    (4) arrest offenders without warrant in every case where the officer is authorized by law, in order that they may be taken before the proper magistrate or court and be tried.
    (c) It is the duty of every officer to take possession of a child under Article 63.009(g).

At any rate, in Texas, as well as many other states, peace officers don't have the liberty to unilaterally "disengage" if a situation becomes hazardous to life or health. In other words, we don't get to run away, the state says we're duty bound to deal with the issue and there are penalties for dereliction of duty.

Source: Texas deputy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    no, it doesn't make you a criminal. but it does make you relevant in a research of correlating values.

if white people are rapists and black people are murderers, but you're a cop and you know getting raped as a cop is pretty rare... do you get tense around the 58% of white people who inhabit the country you live in and commit 40%~ of rapes, or the 13% that makes up the black population who commit 50%~ of murders?

people are so good at being cops until they gotta go to law school, pull someone over at a traffic stop to tell them they have a light out and get shot because the driver is driving with a suspended license or has a bunch of illegal drugs or just don't like cops or what the fuck ever.
    So you can pick out which one is the rapist or violent criminal? One last time pulling over any citizen and judging they are criminals, no matter what statistic they fall in; does not make it correct. The problem actually is law abiding black citizens who get pulled over for no reason. So they empathize with police shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    i'll absolutely agree that poverty is part of the problem, a major part of the problem. Poverty however, doesn't absolve someone of personal accountability. The problem isn't with Cops, it is with a urban culture that glorifies criminality, and ridicules education.
    What is urban culture? You mean blacks? Just say it Tony. Again I ask you this question. If we put poor whites in segregated cities. Would they not do the same criminal activities. You may call it "urban culture". I call it the cycle of socio-economic problems and people not being able to break that cycle.

One more point unemployed young black men can become very dangerous. Unemployed white men can become very dangerous. You put them in same environment the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    I have yet to hear of cops killing cops and claiming they dindu nuffin, so no.
    my cop was a good baby. Here's a picture of him when he was 4. He was 32 when he died, but it's still relevant.

Yes because all of those predominately white cities in Europe are insanely violent like American cities. And don't use guns as an excuse, you know that in major American cities it is insanely hard to legally own a gun.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

not sure if anyone has said this but all that is going to come of this is cops will not go to ghetto neighborhoods and they will just commit more murders / robberies on each other than they already do and the number is already high.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Yes because all of those predominately white cities in Europe are insanely violent like American cities. And don't use guns as an excuse, you know that in major American cities it is insanely hard to legally own a gun.
    Yes. It is guns. If most of the murders involve a gun, then it is a problem.

And don't use guns as an excuse, you know that in major American cities it is insanely hard to legally own a gun.
    We have this thing called the interstate. You can freely travel this highway system or state and take something you purchased in one state and sell it into another state.

n New York and New Jersey, which have some of the strictest laws in the country, more than two-thirds of guns tied to criminal activity were traced to out-of-state purchases in 2014. Many were brought in via the so-called Iron Pipeline, made up of Interstate 95 and its tributary highways, from Southern states with weaker gun laws, like Virginia, Georgia and Florida.
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...-gun-laws.html

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    But they do shoot up schools, malls.... a lot of serial killers are white.....
    What the fuck are you on about. What exactly is a "a lot"?

Because the Virginia Tech shooter was Korean. The DC snipers were black. Ford Hood shooter was from the middle east. DC Naval yars shooter was black. UCLA shooter was from the middle east as was the Chattanooga one and the san Bernadino one. Oregon University shooter was black. And thats the tip of the iceberg, thats not including gang shootings which are disproportionately present in minority communities and leave multiple dead bodies.

True, there are the Dylan Roofs, the Eliot Rodgers and the James Holmes. They mostly stick out because they've gotten very much media attention, not because they are either representative or especially successful in their attempts to reduce urban overpopulation. Associating this kind of killing spree with white skin color is simply fucking stupid.

Which leads me to my question, why did you feel the need to bring up "white serial killers"?