Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I liked using the Outfitter add-on.

I could make it hide my helmet out-side of combat, and show my helmet when I entered combat.

Yes it was silly. Yes it was fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    There's no point in putting in two options that do the same thing if you're rebuilding the system from scratch.
    rebuilding the system from scratch, so then why not go about removing the mog NPC's altogether and adding that system into the shit+p wardrobe? merge the hide options and the transmog system into the new tab being added, not like they've added any new gold-sinks or anything *looks at the mad merchant and his wares*
    Last edited by Phazeblade; 2016-07-18 at 10:24 PM.

Deleted
    This absolutely sucks...i hate that i have to go there ,where previously we could just turn it on/off on the menu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it is a bummer, but the fact people have had tons of time to make free garrison gold and that there is a xmog mount makes complaining kinda pointless. Sure it might suck for new players but they'll never know it used to be a UI option anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The three hide options have always existed in the menus. You act like people want things separated just to separate them. What is being complained about is the QoL issue of having to now go to a vendor, or buy a mount, when pre-Legion you could do it in the menu's. It does make sense to be able to do it at the Vendor as well but there is no reason to remove it from the menu.
    three hide? shoulders were never in the hide since they are being added to being able to be hidden this expac, and helm and cloak have but yeah, who cares, its still in, just in a different spot
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-07-18 at 10:32 PM.

I don't really mind that's in the same interface as the rest of the customization options. But why can't we hide individual shoulders?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Just like many others have stated, and take this from a guy who's TERRIBLE with gold: I bought the YAK the second I had that (120k?) because I love to be able to mog ALL of my characters, anywhere I can mount. Really nice having that on a mount/the vendor is an added bonus <3

Other than the YAK, you'd have to visit the actual vendor.. but I don't see an issue really. I get that currently your UI can just do it, but that's not the way the system works in LEG/LEGION/7.0.3+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Honestly it is a bummer, but the fact people have had tons of time to make free garrison gold and that there is a xmog mount makes complaining kinda pointless. Sure it might suck for new players but they'll never know it used to be a UI option anyway.
    I have to totally agree here, come on people - spend 100k out of that 5MILLION++++++ gold you have stacked deep.. it's worth it!

I think the main reason is for integrity of the systems, It makes sense to be in the transmog system, it was only even in the menus because it came out before the trasmog system was in the game.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Yeah, this is my one serious gripe with the new transmogrification system. It's not going to make me miss the old system, mind you, but I just don't know why a change like this needed to happen unless it's some kind of technical thing behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    why do people need to complain about every thing they add an amazing feature and people just bitch and moan that its not 100% what they personally want.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe to make a gold sink for the fuck ton of gold that garrison gave
    (Im assuming your talking about x mog as a whole) it is a nice feature, but I don't see why they'd remove it as an option from the menu and slap it actually ingame. Maybe its something to do with making life easier coding wise and introducing the ability to hide the shoulder? But still, I've got one of my fave helms on my dk. Some nights I switch to hide it other nights I switch to show it, its convenient having it in the menu, having to run backwards and forwards will be a pain

I honestly don't see where there needs to be an NPC now. Just make it a menu pane like your character sheet, or just have it as another tab on your character screen, keep the gold costs and be done with it. Seems like a more efficient method.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    three hide? shoulders were never in the hide, and helm and cloak have but yeah, who cares, its still in, just in a different spot
    It's not "still in" because it's a different (and in almost, if not all, aspects worse) system.

The "new option" is an invisible transmog, which is not and will not ever be the same as a hide slot option. This new option is worse because:

• Costs gold. Yes, It's free to "hide" it, but "showing" it again costs gold (and you have to search for the item). Any new gear piece will cost gold to hide.
    • Deletes your transmog. A true hide option keeps your current transmog and just hides it.
    • Can't do it quickly. Indoors, in a taxi, flying... and requires an NPC and confirmation windows. The alternative (unequip) is even worse, since it requires fiddling with inventory (so it will conflict with combat). Even if the old options were tucked into the interface dialog, you could just use an addon or macro to put the option where it belonged (or automate it, as mentioned in the thread). Not anymore.

They could have accomplished the proper solution by simply moving the checkboxes to the character pane where they belonged. Or even into the character pane and the transmog window.

They turned something that wasn't a transmog into a transmog, breaking the system.

It's not better, it's not more convenient, it's not more consistent, it's not even "the same but in a different spot". It's a messy substitute for something that should be just a click away anywhere, anytime, without any other consequences.

Other games have managed to keep the proper options while having a dedicated interface for transmog. Even Diablo 3 lets you "hide" slots independently of your desired transmog (yes, with a clumsy dye system, but independent from transmog nonetheless).

It's not "whining because it's not just how we want it". It's pointing out that the new "hide slot" system is worse in all aspects, as it has been pointed out to Blizzard since it was first discovered.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    It's not "still in" because it's a different (and in almost, if not all, aspects worse) system.

The "new option" is an invisible transmog, which is not and will not ever be the same as a hide slot option. This new option is worse because:

• Costs gold. Yes, It's free to "hide" it, but "showing" it again costs gold (and you have to search for the item). Any new gear piece will cost gold to hide.
    • Deletes your transmog. A true hide option keeps your current transmog and just hides it.
    • Can't do it quickly. Indoors, in a taxi, flying... and requires an NPC and confirmation windows. The alternative (unequip) is even worse, since it requires fiddling with inventory (so it will conflict with combat). Even if the old options were tucked into the interface dialog, you could just use an addon or macro to put the option where it belonged (or automate it, as mentioned in the thread). Not anymore.
    lol?

-most people who hide their helmets end up transmogging that helmet into something else. so no, it's not like you're losing gold from showing it again. and the transmog costs what, ~20g? What a huge amount to spend in a game where people have an unnecessary amount of gold. The horror.
    -except when you hide/unhide an item, you're pretty much deleting/undeleting it anyways.
    -and a point I'd like to bring up from a few pages ago, how is this any different compared to the other items that you haven't been able to hide? What did you do when you had a mis-matching item that you obtained such as gloves or a chest that you weren't able to transmog until you went to a vendor? What about when you had shoulders that didn't match when you couldn't disable the appearance and had to go to a vendor?

Please, stop being whiny bitches and trying to make an issue out of something that isn't really an issue. Your RPing needs aren't being destroyed by this change. I would again like to mention that more times than not, when you hide/unhide your helmet, you're changing your overall transmog anyways. It's actually more convenient this way since you now can do the appearance changes in the same window without having to close it and go to your interface settings to make your stuff appear or disappear.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2016-07-19 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

It's simple really why they made this change, you can save Xmog sets, you can have Xmog sets tied to a speccfic spec that swaps when you go to that spec. Some xmogs look good with a helm/shoulder/cloak and some don't. This way when you swap specs and you auto swap from Appearance A (shows helm) to Appearance B (hides helm) you don't have to go into interface options to change that setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    It's simple really why they made this change, you can save Xmog sets, you can have Xmog sets tied to a speccfic spec that swaps when you go to that spec. Some xmogs look good with a helm/shoulder/cloak and some don't. This way when you swap specs and you auto swap from Appearance A (shows helm) to Appearance B (hides helm) you don't have to go into interface options to change that setting.
    Yeah it seems like people didn't read how it works. Since you can tie a transmog to a specific spec that means when you get that new helm that is ugly it will already be transmogged.

Time to put that Garrison gold to use and buy yourself the Expedition Yak if it bothers you that much.

To alter the appearance of an item you have to go to the NPC that allows you to do that. Doesn't seem like too big of a deal. If you can't handle looking at your helmet, cape or shoulders for the amount of time it takes you to get a yak mount out or visit a major city then you should clearly just quit in rage.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post

They could have accomplished the proper solution by simply moving the checkboxes to the character pane where they belonged. Or even into the character pane and the transmog window.

They turned something that wasn't a transmog into a transmog, breaking the system.

It's not better, it's not more convenient, it's not more consistent, it's not even "the same but in a different spot". It's a messy substitute for something that should be just a click away anywhere, anytime, without any other consequences.

Other games have managed to keep the proper options while having a dedicated interface for transmog. Even Diablo 3 lets you "hide" slots independently of your desired transmog (yes, with a clumsy dye system, but independent from transmog nonetheless).

It's not "whining because it's not just how we want it". It's pointing out that the new "hide slot" system is worse in all aspects, as it has been pointed out to Blizzard since it was first discovered.
    This is why it's not even worth discussing anything like this anymore. No matter what Blizz does, it sucks. Waste of time discussing it with people like this person.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    I liked using the Outfitter add-on.

I could make it hide my helmet out-side of combat, and show my helmet when I entered combat.

Yes it was silly. Yes it was fun for me.
    Then that is the sort of argument that people should have been making.
    Instead of simply "this is bad".
    Were people actually trying to make an argument with examples like that, or was it all just "this sucks, because I say so".
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Go to another thread if you are tired of these ones, bringing up valid concerns about their backwards ass changing of existing things, be it Max view distance, stripping all sorts of choice from the interface/gameplay options (can't have them new players scared of all the options! They might unsubscribe when they see them!). Stop fucking coming into threads complaining about complaints, it makes you sound pathetic.
    Stop going into threads complaining about complaining about complaints, it could make someone look pathetic. I rose a valid concern for these silly changes, guess you missed it sadly.