Page 23 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Alright, There's the rough cut of day one contribution. Like I said with Crackle a lot of "contribution" doesn't start till around post #150 but it gives you a general idea.

Lol I like it.

ALso -1, Im fine with this.

I took out those who died latter on, but they are added to the google doc I linked earlier and will link again here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Lol I like it.

ALso -1, Im fine with this.
    It honestly is better fitted to later days in the game than it is day one, by god -79 is insane!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm impressed by Dupti though, he maintains a really good Fluff to contribution ratio :P

7+ Year Old Account
    so just to understand your logic how are you scoring people? If you think the post had substance it's worth 1 or more points and if not it's -1 or more points and then the even each other out? i.e. 3 posts of theory is 3 points plus 3 posts of fluff is -3 so a score of zero?

Damn -71, you suck Crackle

Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    so just to understand your logic how are you scoring people? If you think the post had substance it's worth 1 or more points and if not it's -1 or more points and then the even each other out? i.e. 3 posts of theory is 3 points plus 3 posts of fluff is -3 so a score of zero?
    Generally how I score is based on whether or not a post has to do with the game and the merit it adds to the game in the context of that single post. Not reading in to events that might have transpired later.

If you voted with giving no reason/weak reasoning (You're sheeping), I generally mark it as a 1. If you're just basically throwing in a explanation or a post that is just saying "I'm paying attention" I give it a weaker score.

It's also based on your prior posts as well, if you were more likely to contribute (Ret) I was willing to give you a higher score for weaker posts, if you were more just pure fluff (Shiro) Unless you did something major to add to the thread I was going to make you earn further points.

I'm honestly still trying to figure out the best system I can for scoring though and I'm more than open to suggestions on how to streamline the system.

- - - Updated - - -

Like generally how I look at it is

Does it have to do with the game?

Does it add anything to the game?

Is it helpful for other players?

Is it just adding emphasis on things already discussed?

Is it sheeping or a real opinion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Damn -71, you suck Crackle
    Ya, but as soon as he said "Fluff mode off" he did a lot better XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I like blood foxs vote, and duptis reaction to it. You cant be serious 2/3rds of the vote is BF being the biggest hypocrit alive. 1/3 is potentially decent. I could have busse catta. But the options were me, danner or catta. Id prefer to lynch Catta because Danner was actually playing more. I never once comitted to voting Danner because i was weighing my options. Had a difficult time doing so too.

Can i ask a question, if I bussed Catta, what does that make Danner. They were roughly the same when i voted?

- - - Updated - - -

(On the phone hence shitty post)

Please answer my question. (#372)
    @dupti, because of things mentioned in the sign-up thread is all, potentially carrying joking a bit to far in. I don't feel I've been able to read enough of them to get a vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    In a world where both Dupti and Danner are scum, why would Catta vote for Dupti's train so that it could contend with Danner's?
    The only answer that comes to mind would be if all 3 were scum, in which case trying to soak up enough votes to remove majority from anyone and aim for a no-lynch. But (see per below) this could also be trying to fit information into a narrative that I want, rather than what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelle View Post
    I voted Catta early it could be a revenge hit. I also interacted with Shiro asking him about Catta numerous times, someone could be trying to set him up. Or it's a new person.
    Well as one of the new people I'm going to speak up and say it wasn't me setting up a hit on you. I'd prefer straight up discourse and parliamentary gavels at 20 paces. In fact all I can do is use my wits and humour to harangue people as the gods gave me naught else to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    @shirokitsune on #362 and I saw you backed off a bit on 382 but still unsure. So you think Catta scum voted knowing it likely would not gain traction? Because that's the only reason I'd see as to why dupti is still suspicious and worthy of a maybe. This is something I myself doubt.
    Mostly because I think I was reading probably a touch to far into things and trying to fit the info I had with the narrative I wanted. Pretty much the exact same thing they were doing D1, only I didn't realize I was doing it until then.

This day has been pretty slow. I was actually hoping I could sit back a little because this whole Danner thing day 1 kind of burned me out, but nothing is happening.

Anyway, guess I'll just do this for now then:

Vote Shiro

I think you're scum.
    Well I can't say I don't understand why you think that. You're incorrect, but hey I accused you, you accuse me. Quid pro Quo right?

----
    Overall I still don't feel like I have enough information to cast a rock solid vote, all I can do is add pressure I guess.

I'm still interested in pressuring Jynx and/or BloodFox, and would be willing to vote for either of them.

Not sure what to make of Virothe's comments, but hey if I get enough negative points in your system it should wrap around eventually right?

Given that they're higher at this time, I'll return to my original vote for the day, in hopes that it pressures them to do/say more.

Vote Jynx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JynxieJ View Post
    I am France, just FYI so yea.
    Oh really?

I need much more than this to move my vote.

I'd like your reads on the following people:

Allowyn
    Anakso
    Blood Fox
    Crackleslap
    Crissi
    Danner
    Graeham
    Kryllian
    Marack
    Reticence
    shirokitsune
    Virothe

I'm happy with one of the following three words used next to a players name should take you 3-4 minutes: minor trust/neutral/minor distrust

Thank you.

I'm happy to oblige with any list you may have for me Jynx.

Feel free to add anyone else you might have an opinion on. As I didn't cover everyone.
    Last edited by mmoc36ded88e7f; 2016-07-19 at 12:02 AM.

I started off today distrusting Graeham, Virothe, Crissi and Jynx. I also realize I should have added Crackleslap based on that Day 1 gutfeel back to that list. It is not too late, so on the list you go. Furthermore, allow me to add Senna(now Dethmourne), Marack and shirokitsune to the list. This post is to each and every one of you named.

--
    @Virothe:
    You know why you're on my distrust list, It's all about that day 1 vote. So let's talk about something else.

The data reminds me of the cake counter of yore. You have my approval in this. Furthermore, I know by memory how much damned work it is to make track that data. This alone makes me want to keep you aboard, because it's really really hard to imagine you're not focusing on the game when I see that list.

I once concluded that there were little correlation between alignment and cake point before I stopped doing my cake points. Nonetheless, this is the kind of thing that we want to have looming around, to push people towards being active, and to push active people into not fluffing too hard. And that - despite probably not finding scum - is well worth the effort.

So despite your not impressive day 1 vote away from Catta, I shall give you a pass for today. For effort. I do not actually trust you, but even if you are scum, I am eager to see that list continued. Carry on.

--
    @Jynx:
    Your post #350 has stuck itself on my mind. It's such a terrible theory no matter how I look at it. And it leans me towards you not being in a scumteam capable of correcting you; it's the kind of theory that is hard to imagine you cook up as scum. It is however the kind of theory a scum could put out to gain towncred, but that relies on it being actually accurate. Which it clearly is not.

There is something unsettling and wrong with giving people town credit for saying totally terrible things. It's not something I wish to make a habit of - and as far as you are concerned, this read will be a one-time thing. Next game, I will not do the same, since you are now aware of it and could start misusing it. That goes for anyone else too! (I also vaguely remember having done something like this in a game of the past, at some point - I do not remember if that worked out).

But I shall give you a pass for today. You're not on my trusted list, though. However, people who are on my distrust list are voting against you. It counts for something.

--
    @Graeham:
    I am still fixated on you. But I am too drained to actually start picking at what you say in detail. The mental anguish of having to undergo another round of Dupti-level discussion parsing is still prohibitive. I wanted to accept the initial 80% read-as-scum as the best I can do without spending my energy, and leave it at that.

But now both Blood Fox and Reticence, both people whose analysis I generally value (Blood Fox limited to when he's not agent of chaos mode, this game which qualifies), read you as town. This weighs heavily. I have second guessed myself quite a bit on you today. Been meaning to write a post on it several times, but I keep on aborting it. Because I just cannot make up my mind here.

I still strongly believe your D1 vote on me was a vote of opportunity, and I believe your reasoning was a justification not a reason. This is the cleanest and simplest answer. But I can make an alternative read. It's not a read I wish to make, because, well, it's not terribly flattering. I kinda thought you had grown a bit more experienced and would consider these things before voting.

However, if that is not the case, then the timing of the vote can be ignored. And that makes the vote not so horrible. Just normal kind of wrong. I'm on the fence on it. But with virtually everyone speaking in your favour, and me finding myself alone on your train at all times... maybe it is me?

I do not trust you. Not one bit. Not after that vote. But I can be persuaded to vote elsewhere.

--
    @Crissi:
    I do not think we have played together before. I assume you are a new player, though I've seen your name around. Hi!

Your Crackleslap vote from Day 1 (#240) looks bad given Catta's flip and that you were in a position to put one of the two leading trains - his or mine - into traction. Whereupon you picked a third candidate; Crackleslap. It doesn't give you many town points in my book, unless Crackleslap is scum too. I'm not discounting the possibility actually. But your vote there is really where a mafioso wants to be, not condemning the godfather, not saving the godfather. So I can't say I trust you.

And then there is today.

So, I actually had my thoughts on Jynx about the time when I first called Jynx out on #350. I just figured I'd wait 24 hours to see whether anyone reacted to it differently. Several people called Jynx out on it. None of them voted Jynx. Then post #416 from you. This is the kind of reaction I was waiting for someone to make. And ... I can't say it gives you town points. Your read is the opposite of mine. I may not be right all the time, but it's differences like these that are what starts lynches.

Now is it a scum post? That's a better question. It depends on a character read. How do I expect you to play. Since we haven't really played much, my impression is somewhat limited. And probably inaccurate. So generally, I leave new players alone until day 3. Voting out new players before then is just plain rude!

--
    @Deathmourne:
    I believe we have played together before? Hi again, regardless

I didn't really trust Senna, and I believe I raised that point on Day 1. Mostly not due to Senna playing a much more passive game than usual. But seeing how Senna transferred out, that sounds like legitimate reasons. And thus I think I have to reset my read on you. Use that time well.

--
    @Marack:
    I also believe we haven't played before either. Hi!

If you read my post to Crissi above, you should find that you are actually in the same boat as Crissi. Your day 1 vote (#269) avoided any of the THREE trains (myself, catta, crackleslap) currently tied, in favour of a vote on Blood Fox. By the same logic, if both Crackleslap and Catta (confirmed) are scum, I do think that vote was a dodging vote, avoiding being the one "saving the godfather".

Possibly. You see, it's also possible you're just a new player who didn't think things through much. I do not know. That depends on character reads, and I cannot say which it is at this point. So for now... I'm going to have to leave you with that warning. What you did, intentional or not, was scummy. Even if Blood Fox flips scum. And you're in my scope as a result. Do I want to lynch you? Not until day 3.

--
    @Crackleslap:
    At this point, I find myself thinking there is a bit of info in lynching you. Whether I can trust Crissi, to a lesser degree Marack, and the slew of people picking at you on day 1 for one. I'm also leaning you being scum due to that day 1 gutfeel. It's admittedly just a gutfeel though, and I don't even remember why I had it anymore. I never seem to have noted down why. Also it feels a bit bad lynching someone over a gutfeel. But you're my current best pick after Graeham nonetheless.

My bit bigger problem with this vote is of course that while I have this fancy insight knowledge that I am not scum, and your flip would tell me a something about the other voters. It's good info. I'm however not so convinced everyone else will get that same info simply due to not knowing my alignment. So from an outsider perspective, it should probably be more info lynching me than you. Sooo maybe I shouldn't really push that angle too hard, eh? O.o

But you know... I might still end up wanting to. It's info. And a decent gamble.

--
    @shirokitsune:
    And finally. I do not think we have played together before. Have a formal Hi, it's about time!
    I think you have done admirably keeping activity. However, as Virothe has pointed out, activity doesn't equal content. Keep that in mind.

Now, the problem I have here right now is your post #448. I believe you might understand why after looking at my reply to Jynx and Crissi. It is however not the only post that has given me pause. The overall read can easily be construed as if you are just looking to support lynches of opportunity. Of course... that depends on a character read. And I don't really know you enough to make those remotely accurately. So as I told Crissi - you're off the hook until day 3.

--

But if I heed all those "off the hook" notices, that does leave my options rather limited, don't they?
    Surely there has to be someone around here absconding along deserving a spot in that list of mine....
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Alrighty day 2's done, I also said fuck it and made it in to a vote count as well since this game seems to lack them. If there is anything you see that's wrong let me know so I can refine my method on how I collect Data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    So, you want to lynch him for saying he won't be lynched today, even though his reasoning is valid, then you immediately follow up with the reason why he shouldn't be lynched today. I can't help but feel that you're floating the idea just to see if it gains traction.

In fact, a lot of today feels like that. Nudges in Jynx' direction, nudges in Danner's direction...
    ...I obviously wasn't suggesting we actually lynch him it was more a comment on his annoying attitude about it.

It's also accurate as of post 450 aka the one above it.

And feel free to scroll back to the google doc link and take a look if you feel like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    @Virothe:
    You know why you're on my distrust list, It's all about that day 1 vote. So let's talk about something else.

The data reminds me of the cake counter of yore. You have my approval in this. Furthermore, I know by memory how much damned work it is to make track that data. This alone makes me want to keep you aboard, because it's really really hard to imagine you're not focusing on the game when I see that list.

I once concluded that there were little correlation between alignment and cake point before I stopped doing my cake points. Nonetheless, this is the kind of thing that we want to have looming around, to push people towards being active, and to push active people into not fluffing too hard. And that - despite probably not finding scum - is well worth the effort.

So despite your not impressive day 1 vote away from Catta, I shall give you a pass for today. For effort. I do not actually trust you, but even if you are scum, I am eager to see that list continued. Carry on.
    The data is based on your old Cake points system, but the issue with that system is that you were using it to scum hunt and I'm not. We've had an ongoing issue in these games of just non-participation or lack of contribution from players and this list is made to hold them accountable. I try incredibly hard to not be biased with it because of that reason.

Hopefully the hard work pays off cause it just took me like 4-5 hours to compile the last 2 days XD

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and just to follow through with what I said when I started this list, I want to hold people accountable so I will

vote: Allowynn

next to least amount of posts today, least amount of contribution today, longest time not posted, And her reason for not being here is cause she's frisky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making this brief cause phone + RNC. I promise to fully address your concern Danner before N2 tomorrow (or beginning D3 if I sleep through N2 deadline).

I want to address listos concern on newbies targeting Cruelle in that PM. I did not do that. I've read the games since Sailor Moon ( reason for that should be rather obvious). I knew of the courtesy of not lynching or killing people that died D1 last game or hadn't played in a while. I recall this was a reason Catta was let live past D1 one time. I respect courtesy and would not have broken that.

If there's one thing you'll find out about me in these games, is I will be respectful. Hunger Games not withstanding >.>

Oh Blood Fox. I actually debated if I should even make this post to feed your trollness.
    I don't understand the purpose of this part. Should I be thankful that the lord of incompetence as graced me with a response? Should I shout from the rooftops that I'm so glad that you would respond to me?

Post #426 is probably your first actual contribution to the game so far. Congratuations! Would you like a cookie for all that effort?
    Well funny thing is that is not my first contribution to the game. I know I know, you can't teach an autistic dog new tricks. But I feel Like I should at lest try!
    The biggest contributions for the game are often the most subtle. There always more to read into seemingly throw away posts than one might expect. with that said I'd actually like to hear what you think you're contributing to this game other than bringing the average intelligence down?
    You're full of swear words and low opinions of everyone else in the game and yet skate by without actually contributing much other than a "here's my vote now I'm going to hide"
    Actually I have fairly high opinions of other people, however, thank you for confusing mafia with my real opinions. It must bean that i'm playing well. In addition if you think I just vote and Hide you havent been paying very much attention have you?
    And yet you still lament and wonder why people target you early in the game so often with Lynch attempts and NK's...
    lol no one targets me day 1 with a lynch, and i get targeted all the time because I am not all the easy to predict. and I tend not to lament that but thanks for throwing bullshit accusations at me. because thats what town does, uses lies to make other people look bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post

Alrighty day 2's done, I also said fuck it and made it in to a vote count as well since this game seems to lack them. If there is anything you see that's wrong let me know so I can refine my method on how I collect Data.
    God damn lazy mods!

<snip le wall>
    @shirokitsune:
    And finally. I do not think we have played together before. Have a formal Hi, it's about time!
    I think you have done admirably keeping activity. However, as Virothe has pointed out, activity doesn't equal content. Keep that in mind.

Now, the problem I have here right now is your post #448. I believe you might understand why after looking at my reply to Jynx and Crissi. It is however not the only post that has given me pause. The overall read can easily be construed as if you are just looking to support lynches of opportunity. Of course... that depends on a character read. And I don't really know you enough to make those remotely accurately. So as I told Crissi - you're off the hook until day 3.
    I'm pretty convinced I'm going to make some serious mistakes on this first go round. I didn't have a good enough read on anyone early D1 which is why I ended up voting for Crackle on the offchance they weren't joking in the signup thread about actively trying to D1 Lynch me or N1 NK me. Like I said, Crackle may have been joking... Or Crackle may not have been.

As for activity vs content. I'd rather have a little to much fluff activity than be my usual shadowy forum presence Mr President.

- - - Updated - - -

With all that said. I'm not sure why, but I'm finding I have some severe dislike and distrust for Blood Fox due to the their latest postings. Kryllian's descent into madness er I mean descent into the cafeteria to feed the trolls is ... also not helpful. Plus the lurkers...

So now I find I have 5 people to contemplate voting on:
    Jynx - Distrust because they just don't seem to be behaving like I'm expecting them to be. They seemed to really be all up in people's grill when town.
    BloodFox- My reading on blood could definitely use more history, but I don't really want to try and analyze thousands of posts of past games at this time. That said, strong distrust. Just on principle, Blood Fox just doesn't feel right.
    Allowyn - How can I draw a read on you if you aren't here. I believe they term this a policy lynch for lurkiness....
    Kryllian - Either you are feeding the troll, or you could be paired up with Blood and trying to set up a good cop/bad cop. May not be mafia, but I'm also not getting a strong town feel for you.
    Virothe - The data charts are impressive... but not entirely sure how they help. You've as much said you use an arbitrary system of rating which to me means you could also arbitrarily change it to show whatever outcome you desire. I don't trust you.... but I don't distrust you that much... for now.

Still going to keep my vote on Jynx, but am willing to switch to Allowyn for policy or Blood to add pressure.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Marack:
    I also believe we haven't played before either. Hi!

If you read my post to Crissi above, you should find that you are actually in the same boat as Crissi. Your day 1 vote (#269) avoided any of the THREE trains (myself, catta, crackleslap) currently tied, in favour of a vote on Blood Fox. By the same logic, if both Crackleslap and Catta (confirmed) are scum, I do think that vote was a dodging vote, avoiding being the one "saving the godfather".

Possibly. You see, it's also possible you're just a new player who didn't think things through much. I do not know. That depends on character reads, and I cannot say which it is at this point. So for now... I'm going to have to leave you with that warning. What you did, intentional or not, was scummy. Even if Blood Fox flips scum. And you're in my scope as a result. Do I want to lynch you? Not until day 3.
    If you look back at #316
    Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    <snip>I also dont have a strong read on Catta, but Im willing to move my vote here to secure a lynch. Ill wait til closer to the end of day to move it to him.
    Unvote
    Since it was on Blood and that was going nowhere.
    I understand how the move could look scummy, but JynxieJ came in and hammered before I got back to the computer to vote at the end of the day. I did however move it off a target that was going nowhere. The vote on Blood was there for some pressure.

@Virothe Appreciate the amount of effort and time you put into your list. Gives me a little insight as to how you may be reading people looking back at the posts/points given for said posts.

Deleted

@Virothe:
    I think Virothe's posts so far feel Town, the vote made me question if I had missed anything, but I'd also add Virothe doesn't do obvious so I still have him neutral.

@Jynx:
    Your post #350 has stuck itself on my mind. It's such a terrible theory no matter how I look at it. And it leans me towards you not being in a scumteam capable of correcting you; it's the kind of theory that is hard to imagine you cook up as scum. It is however the kind of theory a scum could put out to gain towncred, but that relies on it being actually accurate. Which it clearly is not.
    It's a half assed theory, but that has kinda been Jynx's play style this game. Who's to say Jynx even discussed the theory with a scumteam, it's not hard to reach the conclusion that she reached. The Dupti vote could also have been half assed, compounded by it's terrible timing.

There is something unsettling and wrong with giving people town credit for saying totally terrible things. It's not something I wish to make a habit of - and as far as you are concerned, this read will be a one-time thing. Next game, I will not do the same, since you are now aware of it and could start misusing it. That goes for anyone else too! (I also vaguely remember having done something like this in a game of the past, at some point - I do not remember if that worked out)..
    That wasn't the Harry Potter game was it? If so it's Virothe's fault he led me astray with that Padma claim.

@Graeham:

I still strongly believe your D1 vote on me was a vote of opportunity, and I believe your reasoning was a justification not a reason. This is the cleanest and simplest answer. But I can make an alternative read. It's not a read I wish to make, because, well, it's not terribly flattering. I kinda thought you had grown a bit more experienced and would consider these things before voting.

However, if that is not the case, then the timing of the vote can be ignored. And that makes the vote not so horrible. Just normal kind of wrong. I'm on the fence on it. But with virtually everyone speaking in your favour, and me finding myself alone on your train at all times... maybe it is me?

I do not trust you. Not one bit. Not after that vote. But I can be persuaded to vote elsewhere.
    I really do think your point here is valid, but I think I'm going to need more before I consider voting on him. I usually analyse Graeham by the way he sets out a post and it's tone. Right now I have not noticed anything different.
    --
    @Crackleslap:
    At this point, I find myself thinking there is a bit of info in lynching you. Whether I can trust Crissi, to a lesser degree Marack, and the slew of people picking at you on day 1 for one. I'm also leaning you being scum due to that day 1 gutfeel. It's admittedly just a gutfeel though, and I don't even remember why I had it anymore. I never seem to have noted down why. Also it feels a bit bad lynching someone over a gutfeel. But you're my current best pick after Graeham nonetheless.

My bit bigger problem with this vote is of course that while I have this fancy insight knowledge that I am not scum, and your flip would tell me a something about the other voters. It's good info. I'm however not so convinced everyone else will get that same info simply due to not knowing my alignment. So from an outsider perspective, it should probably be more info lynching me than you. Sooo maybe I shouldn't really push that angle too hard, eh? O.o

But you know... I might still end up wanting to. It's info. And a decent gamble.
    I agree with this especially about the information gained from other voters, I would consider swapping from Jynx to Crackle.

I took out the new peeps simply because I have never played with them and I'm going to die next day phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna go with Virothe here and put some pressure on @Allowyn come out bebe guuuuurl! Your precense is wanted.

I want to push on senna (dethmourne) as well. But i might revaluate that over the day. See what comes yo light with the rest of the day.

- - - Updated - - -

vote: Allowyn

And when you do arrive. Be great to type out your thoughts on dethmourne, danner, ret and dupti to start off with. Thatd be great.