Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unhappy Rest in peace buffs

Let's all take a minute to pay our respects to all the raid buffs we are going to lose.

Goodbye Dark Intent, it was nice pressing you to dismount

Goodbye Blessing of Kings, you were awesome to overwrite that Mark of the Wild

Goodbye Dalaran Brilliance, big brother of Arcane Brilliance...

Goodbye all old and new raid buffs, you will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Great shitpost , press F to pay respects.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    *presses F*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffosi View Post
    Great shitpost , press alt f4 to pay respects.
    fixed
    10chars

Formerly known as Arafal

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I work 8 hours a day, theres no way I can fit time in to buff people, it had to be made passives or removed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffosi View Post
    Great shitpost , press F to pay respects.
    Imgur is this way -->>>
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

More importantly say goodbye to that one goddamn paladin in every raid that forgets to rebuff after a wipe.

So...

Will they be passives now?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I read that in Legion ret paladin has a big focus on buffing teammates. What gives?

I'm no longer a raid leader, but if I were, I'd be giddy with delight at the prospect of no longer having to remind at least one class to cast their buff every goddamn pull.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    I thought I read that in Legion ret paladin has a big focus on buffing teammates. What gives?
    Because he clearly stated ALL buffs are being removed right?
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    Certain classes have single target or multi target buffs. I know Ret, Enh, and Resto have buffs that affect other players. There was no strategy to raid buffs, you just put them up before boss fights and after every wipe and never thought about the best way to use them. Now you can give them to your best damage dealers or your most important healer, but you'll get credited for the impact your buffs provide in combat logging.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Certain classes have single target or multi target buffs. I know Ret, Enh, and Resto have buffs that affect other players. There was no strategy to raid buffs, you just put them up before boss fights and after every wipe and never thought about the best way to use them. Now you can give them to your best damage dealers or your most important healer, but you'll get credited for the impact your buffs provide in combat logging.
    So...still no strategy. Instead of buffing the whole raid every single time, you just buff the same person person every single time.

Deleted
    I mourned the buffs already, years ago, when people became too stupid to use them in groups. Now, I haven't seen correctly buffing paladins or hunters in years, I won't miss the buffs I never saw anyways.

Time to plunge to the new world where ONLY retribution has long party-related buffs and we all know how "good" retris are buffing things even when asked to do so -_- Why couldn't retris get the passive buff and enhancement shamans the ones that require you to actually click on other people once at the start of dungeon? Like, retris are stupid. That's a fact. Maybe Blizzard hopes they learn something. Deep down, even I hope so. But I know they won't. A whole expansion of asking/begging/yelling retris to buff. Woo.

Did I mention, I HATE RETRIBUTION PALADINS WHO NEVER EVER EVER EVER CAN BUFF?
    Last edited by mmoc77178df4db; 2016-07-19 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    I'm no longer a raid leader, but if I were, I'd be giddy with delight at the prospect of no longer having to remind at least one class to cast their buff every goddamn pull.
    This, this, this.

"Get buffs out, eat your food. Hey X, buff Y on everyone huh? Wtf are you AFK?"
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    So...still no strategy. Instead of buffing the whole raid every single time, you just buff one person every single time.
    ...what?

I'm not sure how there's no strategy in determining who out of a group of 20 or more people gets the one Greater Blessing of Might, or which tank gets GBoK, or whether a tank or healer gets GBoWisdom.

I mean, I understand why you're saying it, because you want to complain, but there's very clearly more strategy involved.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never again will I have to explain to the paladin why buffing might when a shaman is in the group is pointless, thank goodness.

...what?

I'm not sure how there's no strategy in determining who out of a group of 20 or more people gets the one Greater Blessing of Might, or which tank gets GBoK, or whether a tank or healer gets GBoWisdom.

I mean, I understand why you're saying it, because you want to complain, but there's very clearly more strategy involved.
    There isn't though. 9 times out of 10 it will be the same person all night long, week after week. Your raid leader takes 30 seconds before the raid to decide who is getting it that night. Sure, occasionally you give it to someone who needs to do a special role, like burn down adds solo or something, but again, that will be decided pre-pull, and if it's progression, it'll be a constant thing anyway. I could see if it was somehow a dynamic thing that had to be decided on the fly, but this is not the case.

So yes, the tiny bit of trivial decision making is present. Sounds like a bigger hassle then just raid buffing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    There isn't though. 9 times out of 10 it will be the same person all night long, week after week. Your raid leader takes 30 seconds before the raid to decide who is getting it that night. Sure, occasionally you give it to someone who needs to do a special role, like burn down adds solo or something, but again, that will be decided pre-pull, and if it's progression, it'll be a constant thing anyway. I could see if it was somehow a dynamic thing that had to be decided on the fly, but this is not the case.

So yes, the tiny bit of trivial decision making is present. Sounds like a bigger hassle then just raid buffing to me.
    There's really no response to this. You can't see how there's more strategy involved in figuring out who's best to buff for each encounter than there is in hitting one button that buffs every person in the group automatically. Ok then. Have a nice day.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    ...what?

No, not really. It was kinda the reason they ending up changing the old Dark Intent, and Focus Magic. People mathed out what specs used the buffs best, you put it on them every pull.