Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Agreed, sadly. Shen's Gift looks decent though.
    I actually just realized that it was already out. Got my mods up to speed, going to start playing a new game tonight.

The DLC they have released (not counting the fucking costume shop crap) hasn't been BAD, it just hasn't been up to what we got in the first. I don't use a single piece of garbage from the Anarchy's Children DLC, most of my guys are kitted out in MOD gear. Because modders have created some of the most awesome armor kits for this game. Even ported over the ones from the first game at this point. I will admit, I actually enjoy the weapons added in Alien Hunters, and with mods, I can gear up more than just one character each. The throwing axes are one of my favorites. As far as the boss aliens you have to hunt down, it was nice to have the occasional challenge on a mission.

Like I said, I'll give Shen's Last Gift a shot over the next few days, see how it goes.

This is the last DLC they're going to release, isn't it? That's kinda depressing. Hopefully they'll give us an expansion DLC the size of EW before completely abandoning this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I actually just realized that it was already out. Got my mods up to speed, going to start playing a new game tonight.
    This popped up in my feed yesterday, should come in handy http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-play-y...xt-xcom-2-run/
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I just did the mission for Shen's Last Gift. I cried

The mission itself was a BLAST. Wow. Thankfully I figured I'd be fighting a lot of robots, so I brought a lot of Grenadiers, grenades, and was able to just shred the fuckers to death. SPARK is nothing to laugh at, either.

While what you get from the DLC isn't all that amazing, the mission itself is simply perfect. I loved it.

Edit: Hmm, actually I just ran into a bug. I'm on the roof, and I keep glitching out. My guys won't properly end their turns, and if I move too far onto the roof, I get stuck on one unit. If I try to immediately end the turn right from the start, it just sticks and does nothing.

And if I try to load the save at the end of the turn on the previous level, it locks the game up...this is fun.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2016-07-03 at 11:35 PM.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

This dlc basically requires you to make choices as you can't afford everything. The mecs can take heavy weapons but can't use cover. They are mobile and lethal though.

are there any customizations added with the new dlc?

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    are there any customizations added with the new dlc?
    There is a Shen tattoo that I think is new but that is all
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Was Shen's Last Gift the final DLC for this game? I wanna pick it up again but decided not to do it before all the DLCs are out as new ones would most likely force me to start it fro mthe beginning again and result in a burn out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Was Shen's Last Gift the final DLC for this game? I wanna pick it up again but decided not to do it before all the DLCs are out as new ones would most likely force me to start it fro mthe beginning again and result in a burn out.
    I never understood the hate of starting this game over. Fuck, I'm on like game 101 from all the restarts I've had to do. Not like it takes forever.

Supposedly, yes, this is the last DLC. It's at least the last DLC from the season pass. Which, considering how awesome EW was, would be a severe letdown if they don't make more.

Deleted
    I never understood the hate of starting this game over. Fuck, I'm on like game 101 from all the restarts I've had to do. Not like it takes forever.

Supposedly, yes, this is the last DLC. It's at least the last DLC from the season pass. Which, considering how awesome EW was, would be a severe letdown if they don't make more.
    Thanks.. and well, some of us prefer long games, get attached to the peeps etc. Farm for good AWC abilities. So a single playthrough takes time and doing more than 2-3 of these will result in a burnout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Thanks.. and well, some of us prefer long games, get attached to the peeps etc. Farm for good AWC abilities. So a single playthrough takes time and doing more than 2-3 of these will result in a burnout.
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVE long games. Farming for the perfect PCSs, weapon mods, getting my guys are stat'd up, yeah, I'm all about that. But when I'm trying to get something to work, I'm not in 'play' mode. So I'll restart a campaign a whole lot just to make sure when I AM finally playing, nothing goes wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

For anyone having the issue(s) with Shen's Last Gift mission bugging out, I think I found a sort of fix. It requires using the console to cheat though.

Someone commented that it was throwing an error in regards to ragdoll physics. I assumed that had something to do with either too many corpses on the map, or some corpses bugging out. So, using the console (takenodamage), I made it to the last mission without killing a single robot, and then took out Julian. I ran this through three times, did the same thing, and I was able to complete the mission.

So I decided to do it like I normally would - kill as many things as required to get all my units up those stupid lifts. Sure enough, I get to the top floor and it bugged out. Three times, same bug. There seems to be an issue with the number of units you kill on the first two floors that is bugging out the third.

Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Picked it up from the Steam Summer Sale, really like it so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

The new mission is fine but overall the new class is exactly how I hoped it wouldnt be. Full robotic, no cover, makes going proving grounds instead of rushing psi even more mandatory, ...

I wonder if they will do an expansion. With alien hunters and the Mec class the game already feels like there is little room for it. IMO EU had a lot more room for improvement.

I never understood the hate of starting this game over.
    Starting over is the fun part. XCOM 2 is a quantum leap ahead of XCOM EU/EW simply for the reason that aside from Gatecrasher (I'm honestly on the verge of just making the "No Gatecrasher" mod my de facto standard), the game is basically fantastic from the start up until the death of the Archon Ruler (where the difficulty takes a huge nose dive into the ground and never recovers - even if the final set of missions are fun, they just don't hold up in difficulty in a satisfying way).

makes going proving grounds instead of rushing psi even more mandatory, ...
    Only if you want to build more SPARKS, which you shouldn't need to. SPARK = tank unit and you only ever need one tank, especially since you can know what missions alien rulers will or won't show up on (which are really the only missions you need to bring a tank).

I wonder if they will do an expansion. With alien hunters and the Mec class the game already feels like there is little room for it.
    Agreed. XCOM 2 just works for the most part, the only glaring flaw is the end-game difficulty drop. A story mission or two between the ADVENT Forge / Alien Gate and the final series of missions that really put the hurt on you in a way that the Base Defense or EXALT Base Mission did for the end game of EW might be just the ticket but is hardly "Expansion" territory.
    Last edited by TheMediator; 2016-07-07 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    Ok, I just did the mission for Shen's Last Gift. I cried

The mission itself was a BLAST. Wow. Thankfully I figured I'd be fighting a lot of robots, so I brought a lot of Grenadiers, grenades, and was able to just shred the fuckers to death. SPARK is nothing to laugh at, either.

While what you get from the DLC isn't all that amazing, the mission itself is simply perfect. I loved it.

Edit: Hmm, actually I just ran into a bug. I'm on the roof, and I keep glitching out. My guys won't properly end their turns, and if I move too far onto the roof, I get stuck on one unit. If I try to immediately end the turn right from the start, it just sticks and does nothing.

And if I try to load the save at the end of the turn on the previous level, it locks the game up...this is fun.
    The mission was so easy. I waited till magnetic weapons and bluescreen protocol though, them gave everyone the ammo. Since it was all robots, it meant every hit was kill. As for the end boss. Well, I shredded it up with the initial mech and a grenadier I brought turn one, then froze it with the frost grenade from Alien Hunters DLC and killed it turn 2. It couldnt even move.

The SPARK is not that useful.. its a jack of all traits but master of none and its biggest, most glaring flaw is that you cant put mods on its weapon or even give it PCSs. Meaning its inaccurate and doesnt deal that much damage. So like my best damage dealer is a ranger with salvo AVC ability in WAR suit. Always has 100% accuracy with scope and perception sims unless the target is in full cover. And he can get out up to a heavy weapon shot and 6 shots in one turn with rapid fire and 2 inspires. So needless to say he can kill anything. The SPARK on the other hand.. well it seems mostly useless. I guess rainmaker and giving him the blaster launcher kinda makes it worth taking with plus I love the Julian voice but other than that, every other class just seems better.

Now I know someone will probably jump in and say "but overload".. but think about it. It only allows you take 3 shots or move and 2 shots. Compare that to say a grenadier. Shred - check. Can move and fire 2 shots or 3 when standing - also check (salvo + chain shot) and since you can scope up the weapon and give them perception, you can also guarantee they hit. Now add holo targeting, 2 grenades, rupture and that alone just makes it more a more useful class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    Agreed. XCOM 2 just works for the most part, the only glaring flaw is the end-game difficulty drop. A story mission or two between the ADVENT Forge / Alien Gate and the final series of missions that really put the hurt on you in a way that the Base Defense or EXALT Base Mission did for the end game of EW might be just the ticket but is hardly "Expansion" territory.
    Well on Im always playing it on Legend Ironman and its never difficult. First 4-6 missions are pure RNG. If youre unlucky, you might as well start over. If you manage to keep at least 3 soldiers unhurt however, its pretty easy from then on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a month away from the XB1 release.

I am quite excited. I really wish I had the money to buy a PC right now, but that is further down the priority list. So i'll settle for the console version.

Can't wait to build a fresh squad and get right down to slaughtering aliens.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Just a month away from the XB1 release.

I am quite excited. I really wish I had the money to buy a PC right now, but that is further down the priority list. So i'll settle for the console version.

Can't wait to build a fresh squad and get right down to slaughtering aliens.
    So much better on PC with mods though. It is a great game, but there are some fantastic mods that take it to the next level.

I still play this regularly.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I was looking into the DLCs for this and a lot of them have just been ripped apart. Any that you guys would recommend/dissuade me from?
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    So much better on PC with mods though. It is a great game, but there are some fantastic mods that take it to the next level.

I still play this regularly.
    I know this is weird. But I don't do mods. Only game I ever play using mods was WoW. I only did it because it was required by the guild. Otherwise, if a game isn't good without mods, I won't buy it. I don't like to support dev's/pubs who put out half assed games that the mod community has to fix to make it enjoyable.

But since i've owned nearly all xcom games, I will buy this one either way to add it to my collection, lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I know this is weird. But I don't do mods. Only game I ever play using mods was WoW. I only did it because it was required by the guild. Otherwise, if a game isn't good without mods, I won't buy it. I don't like to support dev's/pubs who put out half assed games that the mod community has to fix to make it enjoyable.

But since i've owned nearly all xcom games, I will buy this one either way to add it to my collection, lol.
    Don't get me wrong, it's a great game with or without mods. My first several playthroughs were without mods. The mod community is pretty good though for this game, and they have some real quality mods that expand on the game in some great ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    So I was looking into the DLCs for this and a lot of them have just been ripped apart. Any that you guys would recommend/dissuade me from?
    Absolutely none of them are worth it. I think the only one I actually enjoyed playing with until the end was Alien Hunters, because the weapons are cool and you get new challenges. Shen's Last Gift has a wonderful story to the mission, kind of a tear-jerker, but last I checked the mission is buggy as fuck-all and the SPARK unit is damned near worthless.

The rest of them are just cosmetic crap. I've never used any of it, but I also have a truckload of mods that do the same thing, just a whole lot better.