Quote Originally Posted by Albimoo View Post
    Is there any passive increase to artifact or something that requires us to play balance? I would probably rather run a good comp with a good group and go resto as long as it didnt set me back.
    You can keep 2 artifacts with 2-4 points less in each, compared to someone who funnels all AP into one artifact.

As an example, lets say you got your balance artifact up to 19, you can then opt to level up the resto artifact to 16 or get the 20th point on the balance artifact.
    Then you can fill in with resto to 19 while someone spending all into one artifact would get their 21 trait and be 2/5 into 22nd trait, so you are slightly less than 2 and a half trait behind.

The exponential cost increase alone means that keep two artifacts relatively close is only a minor power difference to funneling all into one artifact, and that somebody who plays more casually won't be that far behind a hardcore player.

Artifact Knowledge means that somebody leveling multiple artifacts is going to need less total time per artifact than somebody leveling only one.

Funneling all AP into one Artifact may be the fastest way of maxing it out, but isn't the most efficient use of AP. I wouldn't suggest it unless you know you're only going to play that one spec. Especially once you get to the final trait, since only the first point is a major power difference.

Biggest difference will be the rate of AK on a fresh weapon. What took you 1 month may take you 3 days without changing your gameplay.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontoth View Post
    Balance AoE has alot of rampup time, thats ok in raids where u prepare for it, but in mythic+ dungeons alot of the challange are the trash packs, where Balance falls of having to dot up everything and getting AP for starfall after. Other classes are strict better for mythic+ dungeons but when u are just looking to get some gear out of it, Balance should be fine.
    You shouldn't really be doing a ton of AE in Mythic+ dungeons. Most trash pulls are going to be between 1 and 4 mobs. If you're pulling more than that to AE them down then you're probably going to want to bump up the difficultly until you can't do that anymore. And, on most pulls that are 5+ mobs that I've seen, there are priority targets that you need to focus down first anyway.

Everything I've seen points to Balance being perfectly viable for Mythic+.

Deleted
    Has anyone simmed trinkets for the pre-patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Kainslife View Post
    You shouldn't really be doing a ton of AE in Mythic+ dungeons. Most trash pulls are going to be between 1 and 4 mobs. If you're pulling more than that to AE them down then you're probably going to want to bump up the difficultly until you can't do that anymore. And, on most pulls that are 5+ mobs that I've seen, there are priority targets that you need to focus down first anyway.

Everything I've seen points to Balance being perfectly viable for Mythic+.

That's not true with what I have seen. I have seen mythic +4's pulling 3 packs of mobs and the resto druid kept asking the tank to chain pull.

AoE will most definitely be a thing, as it has always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    That's not true with what I have seen. I have seen mythic +4's pulling 3 packs of mobs and the resto druid kept asking the tank to chain pull.

Because mythic+ 4 is easy as hell?

If you can pull 3+ packs, you're well below your appropriate challenge rating for Mythic+. That's like ranking classes for raids by what are best suited for trash clearing.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    Because mythic+ 4 is easy as hell?
    We'll see . I'll bet whatever you want that most pulls will at minimum involve 5 mobs by any dedicated mythic+ group that previously used to go for rankings in CM.

AoE will be a thing.

I think if Full Moon didn't split damage across targets it would help burst aoe a lot.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-07-18 at 09:45 PM.

most pulls will at minimum involve 5 mobs by any dedicated mythic+ group that previously used to go for rankings in CM.
    Well not every class fit that niche in the past and I never expected every class to fit that niche in legion. There's a difference between being able to reliably do mythic+ and try and top the leaderboards.

I think if Full Moon didn't split damage across targets it would help burst aoe a lot.
    Isn't this a bug, tooltip clearly states it doesn't split, while mechanics obviously do split.

Isn't this a bug, tooltip clearly states it doesn't split, while mechanics obviously do split.
    If it is a bug, it has existed since the beginnning of alpha with no indication of being changed.

http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=202771/full-moon
    "Deals (1800% of Spell power) Astral damage to the target and all enemies near the target, and resets Full Moon to become New Moon."
    It's vague, but it's really simple to see that it's a meteor mechanic after 1 test/cast.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Biggest difference will be the rate of AK on a fresh weapon. What took you 1 month may take you 3 days without changing your gameplay.
    AK is character based not weapon based. You will have the same AK for all your weapons on that character. It is hilarious getting high AK and popping a high AP item into a weapon with no points in it. BAM instant crapton of points.

Then obviously Mythic+4 wasn't the appropriate difficulty level for that group.

Icy-Veins
    "About Our Reviewer

This guide has been reviewed and approved by Gapezilla, one of the best Balance Druids in the world, who raids in Encore, and whose stream you can watch on Twitch, and by Cyous, a high-end Balance Druid theorycrafter and retired raider, who raided in Promethean. You can follow him on Twitter."

Further information states that you have not approved any legion guides, so better question is why is this stated on icy-veins.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/balance...builds-talents
    Please take a look at the t90 and t100 detailed row, the guide is flat out contradicting itself.
    Last edited by theburned; 2016-07-19 at 06:32 AM.

Icy-Veins
    "About Our Reviewer

This guide has been reviewed and approved by Gapezilla, one of the best Balance Druids in the world, who raids in Encore, and whose stream you can watch on Twitch, and by Cyous, a high-end Balance Druid theorycrafter and retired raider, who raided in Promethean. You can follow him on Twitter."

Can I ask you guys how you can approve this guide?

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/balance...builds-talents
    Please take a look at the t90 and t100 detailed row, the guide is flat out contradicting itself.
    Did you read that its about prepatch and not legion?

You guys think it's worth enchanting all gear to haste duiring prepatch? Will I notice any significant increase?

Quote Originally Posted by Hekkipekki View Post
    Yes but the T90 detailed row says you will likely be taking FoE and even has BotA Xed out. T90 is working off of Legion while T100 is working off of prepatch. Therefore inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekkipekki View Post
    I obviously did, it doesn't look as bad if you take legion into consideration.

Here is the thing I am aiming at:
    "Astral Communion should be your default choice in this tier, as it provides great burst Astral Power generation, and it forms excellent synergy with Fury of Elune Icon Fury of Elune (in the next talent tier.)

Finally, Blessing of the Ancients Icon Blessing of the Ancients is very strong if you are not using Fury of Elune Icon Fury of Elune as your tier 7 talent, but since this is unlikely to ever happen.

Fury of Elune Icon Fury of Elune is currently suboptimal to use due to not having enough Astral Power generation at level 100."

These statements all seem to contradict eachother.
    Last edited by theburned; 2016-07-19 at 12:52 AM.