Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    No, not really. It was kinda the reason they ending up changing the old Dark Intent, and Focus Magic. People mathed out what specs used the buffs best, you put it on them every pull.
    I don't think you're getting it. Maybe you haven't actually looked at what the buffs are. GBoW is a health and mana regen. Do you put it on a tank or healer? GBoK is an absorb shield. Which tank gets it? You're probably not going to have more than one Ret, but you might decide to take more BECAUSE of their buffs. The idea that it's basically the same amount of complexity as an automatic raid buff is dumb.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Wont be missed in the slightest. Were cool in Classic and TBC, but after that all they did was limit small groups.
    Especially in CMs!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I don't think you're getting it. Maybe you haven't actually looked at what the buffs are. GBoW is a health and mana regen. Do you put it on a tank or healer? GBoK is an absorb shield. Which tank gets it? You're probably not going to have more than one Ret, but you might decide to take more BECAUSE of their buffs. The idea that it's basically the same amount of complexity as an automatic raid buff is dumb.
    Yep, you are right. You totally have to put more thought into it, once.
    After that point its going to be the healer that needs the regen the most/benefits from it the most will get it, and the tank that needs the shield because he's weaker than the other tank/has a special job where he could benefit from the extra HP.
    That's it. You'll never put thought into it again. Again, no different than the old Dark Intent/Focus Magic. "DI the shadow priest, FM the fire mage please, pulling in 5"

Yep, you are right. You totally have to put more thought into it, once.
    After that point its going to be the healer that needs the regen the most/benefits from it the most will get it, and the tank that needs the shield because he's weaker than the other tank/has a special job where he could benefit from the extra HP.
    That's it. You'll never put thought into it again.
    I can only imagine what it must be like to be this miserable. I must have missed where all raid encounters became the same.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only imagine what it must be like to be this miserable. I must have missed where all raid encounters became the same.
    Miserable? Are we projecting now because someone disagreed with your opinion?
    It's cute that you think you're going to be constantly changing who gets these buffs in your raid, but you won't. It'll be as simple as "This healer does most of the work on this encounter/important part of the encounter, they get the regen" and you'll forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffosi View Post
    Great shitpost , press F to pay respects.

Miserable? Are we projecting now because someone disagreed with your opinion?
    It's cute that you think you're going to be constantly changing who gets these buffs in your raid, but you won't. It'll be as simple as "This healer does most of the work on this encounter/important part of the encounter, they get the regen" and you'll forget about it.
    I'm not projecting anything. I can tell you're the type of person that will just complain about any changes. It doesn't matter what they are. Your statements are objectively wrong because almost all boss fights in a tier are different, but you don't care.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    I'm no longer a raid leader, but if I were, I'd be giddy with delight at the prospect of no longer having to remind at least one class to cast their buff every goddamn pull.
    yes yes so much this.
    i am a raid leader and its the most annoying thing to constantly remind Class X to buff just because Guy Y was slow on corpse running ._.

goodbye raidbuffs you wont be missed.

you know that rets can have 3 greater blessings right? and you know that also means rets buff 3x greater blessing of might because its the only dps increase. rets wont ever buff kings/wisdom in raids because its weaker then 3x might.
    Last edited by mmoc1797279e3d; 2016-07-19 at 01:12 AM.

not a bad thing, we'll stop saying to PU to buff and them saying : RUSH B CYA BLYAT ?

Deleted
    Good riddance

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not projecting anything. I can tell you're the type of person that will just complain about any changes. It doesn't matter what they are. Your statements are objectively wrong because almost all boss fights in a tier are different, but you don't care.
    First off, you know they say about assuming. Second, I don't think I've complained about anything in Legion yet? Nor have I here?
    Secondly, my statements aren't objectively wrong.
    I'm not sure why you're so rabid about the idea that the new Ret buffs are some super intuitive mechanic thats so much more interesting than a passive raid-wide buff. Definitely more engaging I suppose, since you'll have to look at your raid comp and then target someone first I guess?

First off, you know they say about assuming. Second, I don't think I've complained about anything in Legion yet? Nor have I here?
    Secondly, my statements aren't objectively wrong.
    I'm not sure why you're so rabid about the idea that the new Ret buffs are some super intuitive mechanic thats so much more interesting than a passive raid-wide buff. Definitely more engaging I suppose, since you'll have to look at your raid comp and then target someone first I guess?
    Like I said, it takes someone special to act like the old system was better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xWolfx View Post
    you know that rets can have 3 greater blessings right? and you know that also means rets buff 3x greater blessing of might because its the only dps increase. rets wont ever buff kings/wisdom in raids because its weaker then 3x might.
    On farm content, probably. On progression fights tank survival and healer mana still matters.
    Beta Club Brosquad

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has been improving the game, for years, with one simple philosophy : less is more. Its clearly working, so please, stop bitching.

Look at chess and checkers. Sooooo many more people enjoy checkers compared to chess. Why? Because checkers is much simpler. Checkers is much easier to play. Simple and easy equals fun. The only people that like chess are snobs : oh chess is sooo complex so its better!

You want something complex? Challenging? Not fun? WoW is not the game for you.

Personally, I can't wait for the day when there are only 4 spells (attack, heal, debuff, buff) and the only difference between classes is how they look. THAT is going to be an awesome day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Never again will I have to explain to the paladin why buffing might when a shaman is in the group is pointless, thank goodness.
    When I WAS the RL, I insisted on active buffs. There IS value in buffing Might when a shaman is in the group, because if the shaman dies, everyone loses the mastery buff. Blessings (as they were) persist after the casting paladin dies.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Personally, I can't wait for the day when there are only 4 spells (attack, heal, debuff, buff) and the only difference between classes is how they look. THAT is going to be an awesome day.
    4? That's too many.

I'd go with 3: Attack, heal self, and dodge, better known as the "ka-pow, ouchies, and missed me bitch!" buttons.

Before we get to that point though, we'll need to get rid of pots, flasks, and food as well. Maybe next expansion.

Hope they make a glyph that lets classes buff low level players

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, it takes someone special to act like the old system was better.

- - - Updated - - -

On farm content, probably. On progression fights tank survival and healer mana still matters.
    Did you actually read anything I've wrote? I've never once said the old passive raid buff system was better. I said that choosing a target for Greaterwhatever buff from a ret isn't some grand improvement. Special indeed.

i think im gonna chop my wiener off
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Buffs haven't really been all that special since they've been balanced around and required, let alone raid wide (The most important part). Unless Blizzard changes it where things don't account for buffs or limit it to a party, there really was no reason to have it. While I don't like pruning, I'd rather Blizzard go full berserk mode with changes that remove annoyances with the new method of playing WoW.

Gone is the comradarie we once showed to our fellow faction, buffing them as we crossed paths on adventures. You will be missed.

Gone are the buff spammers of Alterac Valley, before Boss pulls, and Main Cities. You won't be missed.

Gone are the times of being buffed by a higher level, feeling if only for a while, untold power. You will be missed.

Gone are the PvP strategies and counter-plays of buff-removal and buff-removal-avoidance. You won't be missed.

Gone are the unique boss strategies requiring "bring the class", rather than "bring the player". You will be missed.

Gone are the thematic and iconic Buffs dating back to the Warcraft RTS days. You will be missed.

RIP buffs, you were an annoyance at times, and also one of my most trusted buttons. Shift-H won't ever be the same.