10+ Year Old Account

Old Set Bonus question

Hey all,
    Just read this about the patch tomorrow,
    Set bonuses for item sets from expansions prior to Warlords of Draenor have been deactivated, though the text describing their former function still remains.

So if I read this correctly, all my cool timewalking sets are now worthless for timewalking? =\
    All the nifty old procs and sets are gone, even for timewalking, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Hey all,
    Set bonuses for item sets from expansions prior to Warlords of Draenor have been deactivated, though the text describing their former function still remains.

So if I read this correctly, all my cool timewalking sets are now worthless for timewalking? =\
    Yes. But generally speaking the old sets were test beds for future changes for the class. A lot of that stuff was baked into the spec/class or became a talent over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Yes. But generally speaking the old sets were test beds for future changes for the class. A lot of that stuff was baked into the spec/class or became a talent over the years.

Im talking about nifty trinket procs, legendary healing mace procs, stuff like that.. stuff that i found fun to stack and use in Timewalking
    With out it, meh timewalking -_-

Hey all,

Set bonus are yeah, but the gem slots are still good!

Im talking about nifty trinket procs, legendary healing mace procs, stuff like that.. stuff that i found fun to stack and use in Timewalking
    With out it, meh timewalking -_-
    AFAIK the old weapon and trinket procs will still work fine. It's just the set bonuses that are being removed.

That said, because the bonuses are being removed you won't be able to do fancy stuff like stacking specific procs together.

Also this won't totally deflate old gear values in timewalking dungeons because the gem slots will still work. So if you say only have non-set gear from tanaan or leveling and you do a timewalking dungeon you may still want to go back to a legacy piece of gear that has extra gem slots on it for a boost to a primary stat.