Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Icy veins 7.0 guide for ret

There it is.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/retribu...-pve-dps-guide

One thing I find curious about this is that it says mastery is still our best secondary stat which I thought was no longer the case. Is this accurate?

Yeah I find that a little off putting atm as well. From everything I've seen I was under the impression the goal was 30% haste so that you don't have to worry about the judgement window as much.

I feel some of that was just copy/paste because the macro section still includes a macro to remove Divine Shield so you can do full dps. In 7.0 Divine Shield no longer cuts your dps in half so that macro is wasted.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    There it is.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/retribu...-pve-dps-guide

One thing I find curious about this is that it says mastery is still our best secondary stat which I thought was no longer the case. Is this accurate?
    Icy veins is a terrible resource tbh. You're best off getting all your ret info here.

Is Justicar's Vengance not worth taking, even if you take divine purpose?

Deleted
    Like I said in the other thread, this guide is a travesty. Can we please not promote it? It will have the very real threat of getting a lot of people to think the spec is bad because they won't question the fact that this guide is a complete shambles. It's the sort of guide you'd write for a gnome or other mortal enemy.

Why dont we have anyone like Azortharion but just for rets i mean, are there no real theorycrafters? Because the icy-veins guide is REAAALLY bad

@Thete Watching your Youtube Vids, really like them
    Last edited by seeltas92; 2016-07-19 at 09:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't realize Icy-Veins did comedy bits!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    There is no point being part of history if you're too ignorant to understand it.

I don't know what's the drama about.
    They just lost their time anyways, while the thread should have one sentence.

"Reroll to another class."

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Don't think this is an accurate guide. Everyone says mastery is our worst stat, with haste/crit being prio.

If this guide is really bullshit, is there anywhere to see reliable stat weights for 7.0? I don't know what to believe as I've heard a lot of different things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    If this guide is really bullshit, is there anywhere to see reliable stat weights for 7.0? I don't know what to believe as I've heard a lot of different things.
    I haven't seen anything definitive (ie, backed up with solid SimCraft results etc), but most people are saying to aim for haste first (at least until around 30%), then crit, then mastery/versatility depending on your specific gear setup.

Solsacra's been quietly updating the SimCraft stuff for Rets in 7.0 (but no details because he wanted to avoid bad info getting out there (thanks Icy Veins...)), and I imagine it'll be publicly released soon(TM). As always, the best thing you can do is test using your own gear, reaction time, latency etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, this guide is a travesty. Can we please not promote it? It will have the very real threat of getting a lot of people to think the spec is bad because they won't question the fact that this guide is a complete shambles. It's the sort of guide you'd write for a gnome or other mortal enemy.
    Does something better exist yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarwth View Post
    Does something better exist yet?
    watch thetes vids on youtube specifically the "how to play ret" ones. Don´t want to advertise here but he knows what he´s talking about (on beta/alpha for ages and active on 7.0.3 ptr) and when you are not entirely new to ret that should for you.

It´s not a full fledged guide but leagues better then what ever icy veins produced.

Does someone remember then those ... have been right on ret the last time?

this guide seems way off from everything I've watched / read this far

Yeah that just doesn't seem well thought out at all.

Watched some of your Youtube content and noticed one thing in the Q&A one I kinda disagreed with. You (and others) say go straight for AoA and while that might seem like the obvious option I'd disagree from a long term perspective. When reaching 110, going the Wrath of the Ashbringer -> Endless Resolve - AoA path, I was just finishing Highlord's Judgment which means you only got 5 points for AoA which you should knock out in a few days. This leaves you with no wasted points besides perhaps Endless Resolve which is only one point anyway. This as opposed to four if you got to AoA straight away with an additional three that's kinda situational.

Due to the exponential cost increase I'd say foregoing AoA for leveling which isn't really needed there anyway you set your self up to have a much more efficient tree when you start doing heroics/raiding.

(Sorry for putting it here but not really a big YouTube commenter)

Quote Originally Posted by seeltas92 View Post
    Why dont we have anyone like Azortharion but just for rets i mean, are there no real theorycrafters? Because the icy-veins guide is REAAALLY bad

@Thete Watching your Youtube Vids, really like them
    Most of the primary Ret theorycrafters have rerolled or quit. Solascra's the last that I'd consider ironclad, though there are a number of posters on these forums whose opinions and impressions I respect.

Cross posting from another thread where my comment was slightly off topic and perhaps overlooked.

A thought about Mastery. Maybe it should be second (in our stat priority), once you reach 30% haste? After-all, what good is stacking haste to have maximum judgement uptime, if you aren't going to next stack the stat that makes use of that uptime?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Yeah that just doesn't seem well thought out at all.

Watched some of your Youtube content and noticed one thing in the Q&A one I kinda disagreed with. You (and others) say go straight for AoA and while that might seem like the obvious option I'd disagree from a long term perspective. When reaching 110, going the Wrath of the Ashbringer -> Endless Resolve -)
    Well, the best route will indeed be based on how many traits you think you can get before you do the challenging content for which you need it. As long as AShes to AShes is in the bank before that happens then all is good. Specific routes are complicated by how much AP you can get for certain key events.

Also, Icy Veins is getting a quick fix done in the short term and then Solsacra will be going through in more detail this weekend.

Well, the best route will indeed be based on how many traits you think you can get before you do the challenging content for which you need it. As long as AShes to AShes is in the bank before that happens then all is good. Specific routes are complicated by how much AP you can get for certain key events.
    Yeah that's kinda my thought on it which is why I found my path to be more beneficial in the long run and stops you from "wasting" 7 points that, for me, would be the last once I'd take. I ended up at 12 points when I just hit 110 iirc and the exponential increase comes in at 13 I think which leaves you with 5 to grind post 110 for AoA.

Also, Icy Veins is getting a quick fix done in the short term and then Solsacra will be going through in more detail this weekend.
    Good to hear, performance isn't outstanding atm from what I've gathered so really don't need misinformation tacked on to that.