Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    ^ And this is why sometimes I hate this forum. You give Blizzard a constructive criticism and all some users can respond is "omg stop whining".
    This is fucking ridiculous.

This argument is pointless, let's just raise repair costs 5 times and you get a better gold sink.
    Well if you hate the forums so much why don't just marry it?!

OT: I don't see the fucking problem. It's not like one should be able to take away their helm visibility and all that with just a click of a button. I like it more that they're doing this, hey...atleast it requires some traveling to do LOL!

Deleted
    I'm thinking like I might not want to spend 120K on the yak quite yet, but rather see how things change when Legion comes.

This game is supposed to be an expansive world game.

You are supposed to have to go places to do things.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    maybe to make a gold sink for the fuck ton of gold that garrison gave
    It's free to hide your helm/cloak/shoulders on the transmog vendor. (other than whatever it costs you to haul ass out to a vendor).

Because they wanted to. If it bothers you that much, you have the option to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Not hard to reason out, the continue the trend of the menu clutter and fits naturally with the mogg ravamp
    That's hardly an excuse to axe a macroable API feature that's been in the game for nearly 9 bleeding years. There are multiple addons that are going to need to be COMPLETELY redesigned because of this now, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    They wanted that to be part of the transmog system, likely so you don't have to open your "interface options" and look for "hide helm/cape/shoulders" every time you change spec if one of them has them hidden.

What they didn't realize was that it makes things worse for almost everyone.
    Again, it was an API feature that not only could be macro'd, but that was baked into multiple addons for ease of access (most notably Total Roleplay 3 and... Bartender? ElvUI? One of the UI addons).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    -looks at sig
    -looks at avatar
    -reads post

lol how old are you?

- - - Updated - - -

except it doesn't even cost anything to hide/unhide your helm/shoulders/cloak.

kind of funny that people are complaining about this since more times than not, you're hiding/unhiding your items when you change your transmog. whether you like it or not, the feature fits more in a transmog window than an interface window in the options.
    It's free to hide it, but it costs gold to unhide it if you want the item to use an appearance other than its own.

So, let's say you're in full T19 but you want to be transmogged into T8. When you hide one of the items, it's free. But to return the item to the appearance of T8, you have to pay the transmogrification fee.

Small or large in amount, it's fucking stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    It's a gear appearance option - it goes in the shiny new gear appearance ui. As opposed to a sub-sub-sub menu that most players probably didn't even know was there. This is very much a step forward from a UX perspective.

If you really just want to show and hide your helm twelve times a day for rp purposes, you could, I dunno, take it off? I'd wager the number of people who actually do that is minimal.
    Nope. Objective step backward from an API feature that could easily be macro'd.

Funny, you're using the same logic as Blizzard for why they're generally pruning the interface options. "New players won't know what everything is, so it'll confuse them! Let's just prune it!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I don't understand how this is anything other than a minor inconvenience at worst. Are there really people (outside of RP situations) who flick their helms on and off in rapid succession?

I consider myself a Tmog perfectionist and even I'm not that obsessive about my helm. I either find one that fits and leave it on, or don't find one and turn it off. And since we'll still have to go to the Tmog vendors anyways to change, I fail to see the issue.
    Even when I'm BGing or doing dungeons, I flick my helmet and cloak on and off depending on whether I am or am not in combat. But that's just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Maybe because it makes more sense to visit an NPC that deals with the visual elements of your armour, rather than a menu option?
    Then why the hell has in been in the options menu for damn near a decade?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    sure, lets have hide helm in interface, hide cloak in systems, hide shoulders a command, transmog gloves in the vendor in stormwind, transmog belt in dalaran, transmog weapon in your class hall, transmog chest in the exodar... etc...

see the point? they want to... put everything.. in one place... why have tmog, a appearance menu, for customizing your appearance, but then suddenly put 3 of those appearance options in a menu, and not where the rest are..

go to a fashion/clothes store and you ask for socks/underwear and they tell you "go to the store down the streets, they sell underwear and socks only, we sell the rest"
    That's the most hyperbolic argument I think I've ever read in my entire life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    Once the patch goes out, every 30 secs in trade the question would be asked how to hide your helm and cloak.
    Serisouly though why remove when it was already in the ui.
    People were already asking that en masse in the PTR and beta. It's bleeding nutters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post

That's your explanation?

FFXIV is an expansive world game. You can transmog your gear wherever you want, whenever you want, so long as you have Glamour Prisms. And guess what? They have a toggle right in the character pane to hide / show helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post

While I agree, there are better ways to do this -- more importantly there are a lot of things they could change to make you go out into the world as well. Seems rather arbitrary in this case honestly, my guess is probably something to do with the new systems coding forcing it through an NPC.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Grand expedition yak.
    Got mine last month! It'll be well worth the investment.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    If only you had a magic STONE that transported you to a private HEARTH in a base, or a fortress, or a GARRISON where you had a private transmog vendor easily at your disposal in a rank three bank.

If only such an item existed... All your problems would be solved.
    What I really want is a phone booth - ala Clark Kent/Superman - where I can change gear sets, transmog, talents, and title all with one click. Like switching identities.

Doesn't really need a phone booth to appear, but you get the idea. Let us set up combos and change them all at once.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Got mine last month! It'll be well worth the investment.
    I won't lie. If this stays in the live version for very long, farming for yak will be high on my "To do" list. Mission accomplished, Blizzard, I guess. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    It's simple really why they made this change, you can save Xmog sets, you can have Xmog sets tied to a speccfic spec that swaps when you go to that spec. Some xmogs look good with a helm/shoulder/cloak and some don't. This way when you swap specs and you auto swap from Appearance A (shows helm) to Appearance B (hides helm) you don't have to go into interface options to change that setting.

I'm curious how much time OP and other whiners will ignore this post and keep complaining about something that is not even a problem

I guess this is a good reason to buy the gold sink transmog yak.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    it's just one more on the pile of minor inconveniences.
    The pile of minor inconveniences.

A pile, of minor . . inconveniences, in 2016 WoW. I want to slap you across the face but i cannot, so please do that on my behalf.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Synners View Post

I'm curious how much time OP and other whiners will ignore this post and keep complaining about something that is not even a problem
    Legion will probably be over and they will still be complaining about it. Because they of course can't be bothered to read how the transmog system actually works.

Seems like people will really bitch and cry about anything these days. It's a shame ...

I find it good that you have to go to the transmog vendor to use transmog. But I'm an old school player and definitely against streamlining things that take away from the world. it's a small thing either way though. I'd much prefer to have dungeon entrances be relevant again in exchange for just making this it's own little menu.

Deleted
    Well, these are the same Idiots who thought removing pretty much 95% of all Interface-Options would be a great idea! Even fucking "Reverse Bag Order" ...WTF IS THIS BLIZZARD?

Did they fucking design this Game for 4 Year old Retards who can't figure out what "Reverse Bag Order" does? Well just remove every fucking Option that could confuse some mentally retarded 5 Year Old, because I guess thats the Target-Audience for Blizz!

I'm more upset about them removing reverse bag order tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    ^ And this is why sometimes I hate this forum. You give Blizzard a constructive criticism and all some users can respond is "omg stop whining".
    This is fucking ridiculous.

This argument is pointless, let's just raise repair costs 5 times and you get a better gold sink.
    What constructive criticism did you make. All I saw you do was complain. Those with glass houses...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    maybe to make a gold sink for the fuck ton of gold that garrison gave
    It costs nothing on beta to hide shoulders/helm/cloak. It is simply removing the option to do it on the go, which is a step back. Why remove the feature from the interface tab if it's not going to cost us anything? It's simply an inconvenience, really. I had an addon that allowed me to hide cloak/helm with a single click of a button because I roleplay. :/ I guess I can always remove my helmet...from my character.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!