Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    I mostly see stopping low IQ immigration as a solution. It's amusing that people find such a prospect insane
    What did that have to do with what I was writing about which was a claim that Trump's response to things is to "go fuck yourself"?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

That's a bit more than just 'similar'.

The alt-right will defend practically anything. Won't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Strictly speaking, you didn't write anything at all that explained why you were pointing out Biden's own action. It was simply left for the reader to interpret. Being the conscientious and fair minded individual that I am, I assumed it had anything at all to do with the thread, which was apparently a mistake on my part. In short, it has nothing to do with reading being "hard" and everything to do with the pitfalls of failing to sufficiently convey your point in favor of letting people connect the dots however they please (likely to avoid accusations like the one I just made).
    I also indicated that his speech was an example of a fully plagiarized speech whereas the Melania thing focuses on a specific part

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    The alt-right will defend practically anything. Won't they?
    ah yes the boogeyman alt-right that totally exists /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slitheroutfromtherocks View Post
    It's pretty much the correct response. The media and others try and take issue with the most asinine crap. It's either this speech trying to claim that it's copied when it's a generic speech or a clipart star from Microsoft word being passed off as a Star of David. What other response can there really be other than telling people acting like fools to go fuck themselves?
    This is generic speech and not plagiarism? You will excuse anything as long as a Trump does it.

Here were Melania Trump's remarks:

From a young age my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life. That your work is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise. That you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily life. That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to our son, and we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them. I am fortunate for my heritage but also for where it brought me today.

And here's an excerpt of Michelle Obama's "One Nation" speech from 2008:

And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them. And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and to pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children -- and all children in this nation -- to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them."

Just watched it, that was terrible. She'd get tossed as a university student.

Not sure what this Biden stuff is about, but if he did something similar, he's an idiot too.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

10+ Year Old Account
    They exist enough to publish a magazine.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    I also indicated that his speech was an example of a fully plagiarized speech whereas the Melania thing focuses on a specific part
    Sorry but plagiarism is plagiarism, no matter how much you're copying or who does it.

7+ Year Old Account
    You think the alt-right doesn't exist? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    loooooool, the fuck does she have to do with anything? care to swing again? as if I have any reason to not mock a person's poor gammer.
    >the butthurt
    >not a generalized thing

Right, I was clearly referring to you personally /s

Let's take this slowly. I say people are butthurt, you say they arent and are making fun of her, I say not so because they were mad about her speech long before these accusations were made and that they attacked her for poor English. which is petty. Pettiness is a sign of butthurt.

And again, we all know making fun of Mike Brown's mom for speaking in broken English would be "mean". Which she probably will

Some of it was word for word. Don't make excuses. People at high levels should not plagiarize. Anyone with a modicum of respect for the people of the country would know that and have people to ensure it doesn't happen. It's especially damning that Trump himself had commended Michelle Obama for her version.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    You think the alt-right doesn't exist? Really?
    I see it mentioned a lot. It seems to be a boogeyman. Like George Soros.

Probably just people trying to rebrand 4chan

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Sorry but plagiarism is plagiarism, no matter how much you're copying or who does it.
    Did I indicate otherwise? Just pointing out that similarities in a part of speech isnt clear cut evidence of plagiarism. But a whole speech is.

I mean I did say "is not prima facie evidence"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kritisk View Post
    Some of it was word for word. Don't make excuses. People at high levels should not plagiarize. Anyone with a modicum of respect for the people of the country would know that and have people to ensure it doesn't happen. It's especially damning that Trump himself had commended Michelle Obama for her version.
    Now that last part is actually a good point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yeah, the problem here is definitely not that I find reading hard.
    Well you clearly didnt since you double misread me. I didnt actually read you at all. It was probably drivel. Just noting another way you were wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    Just watched it, that was terrible. She'd get tossed as a university student.

Not sure what this Biden stuff is about, but if he did something similar, he's an idiot too.
    Biden's was more of an omission. He had a line about he and his wife being the first of their family to complete college and what that means which mirrored that of a UK politician's speech. He had previously accredited the observation to the person but failed to when using the line at a debate.

Not excusing it, but I wouldn't say it is at the same level.
    Last edited by Matchles; 2016-07-19 at 05:57 AM.

>the butthurt
    >not a generalized thing

Right, I was clearly referring to you personally /s

Let's take this slowly. I say people are butthurt, you say they arent and are making fun of her, I say not so because they were mad about her speech long before these accusations were made and that they attacked her for poor English. which is petty. Pettiness is a sign of butthurt.

And again, we all know making fun of Mike Brown's mom for speaking in broken English would be "mean". Which she probably will
    like I give a single wank what other people think is petty or not, my own amusement is all that matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    like I give a single wank what other people think is petty or not, my own amusement is all that matters to me.
    And yet you reply

Oh noes, one dopey speech writer used cliched and tiresome words used by another dopey speech writer 8 years previous.

It's a scandal!

Talking about hard work and keeping promises! OMGZ plagiarism!!

Get this to the presses!

Liberal keyboard warriors, fire up those keyboards!! Post non stop with mock outrage and righteous indignation!

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    This is generic speech and not plagiarism? You will excuse anything as long as a Trump does it.
    Oh please, Let's be real, both sides will be excusing a lot between Trump and Clinton. I mean her husband Bill is an accused rapist

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Michelle stole ideas and language too. She isn't original either.
    Source please?

And yet you reply
    which I've made clear is only a reflection of my own opinion, sooooo.

7+ Year Old Account
    I see it mentioned a lot. It seems to be a boogeyman. Like George Soros.

Probably just people trying to rebrand 4chan
    Lol. It's no boogeyman. Have you even looked into it?